What's new

What skills will be rewarded in Injustice compared to SFV

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Balrog, Urien, Mika, Zangief, Karin, Bison...

Anyways, more to the point of the thread, I would say reactive play took a backseat in SFV, but there are many other factors other than lag. Normals aren't very good, so getting a juicy punish is not as easy as sitting back and letting a move whiff. Combo routes are pretty limited too, with some characters not even getting much off their mediums. Add all those in a pot, then sprinkle in a few characters who can actually do all that, and you have SFV.

Some people act like it's the end of the world, while I just think its the game's quirk. People said 3S was all guessing too, look how right they ended up being.

Much like SFV, I think being able to stop an opponents movement will be the biggest obstacle. Dashes are not as fast as IGAU, so it should be easier to react to both jumps and dashes, but nothing's set in stone, no one's a robot. I think the two games are more similar than some would like to admit, I just feel I2 will be more fun with a varied cast rather than a micromanaged mess.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Balrog, Urien, Mika, Zangief, Karin, Bison...

Anyways, more to the point of the thread, I would say reactive play took a backseat in SFV, but there are many other factors other than lag. Normals aren't very good, so getting a juicy punish is not as easy as sitting back and letting a move whiff. Combo routes are pretty limited too, with some characters not even getting much off their mediums. Add all those in a pot, then sprinkle in a few characters who can actually do all that, and you have SFV.

Some people act like it's the end of the world, while I just think its the game's quirk. People said 3S was all guessing too, look how right they ended up being.

Much like SFV, I think being able to stop an opponents movement will be the biggest obstacle. Dashes are not as fast as IGAU, so it should be easier to react to both jumps and dashes, but nothing's set in stone, no one's a robot. I think the two games are more similar than some would like to admit, I just feel I2 will be more fun with a varied cast rather than a micromanaged mess.
im gonna guess you tagged my deleted post, which i deleted because i didnt want to discuss stuff nobody seems to get judging by that that nevadestroyer guy lul

but anyway gief, mika, crush counters are slow/reactable enough to cc them on reaction to startup so if you get clipped thats a personal problem bison, karin balrog limited followups depending on range. uriens the only character who gets a full on bnb everytime no matter what.

i can understand not liking the priority system but pretending 1 character is a reflection of the entire game's neutral just sounds like being upset at maining vega lul

injustice 2 is a lot less stressful in neutral but not because its fundamnetally better than sfv's its just easier to play in especially at lower levels

haketh

Noob
A3 is about ToD's, doesn't mean its more offensively oriented until the ToD happens.
Zoning was even worse in the game because projectiles scaled based on distance

To make zoning even worse things like Katoki Cancel existed so Gief would fly across the screen & VC you into a CC Infinite

Had the most God awful Guard break mechanic & alpha counters

Most AAs were really bad

Tell me again how SFV is more offensive based

Ryu 400 damage no meter
Balrog turn around punch combo
MEDIA=youtube]pAEPvuBp5UI[/MEDIA]
Guile
Necally
Zangief bnb's more than 300 damage meterless

upps!, that's V. You get it!. V OMG!, Hahahahaha
You actually proved nothing cuz most of that isn't gonna happen often in a real match. Meanwhile in Alpha 2 if I walk up on you & you're not blocking low you're gonna eat an unblockable CC Activation into low.

Man I don't even like SFV much but y'all saying some dumb shit.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I mean you can say you deleted it because you decided to add a bunch of caveats, I won't look down on you lul

But being serious, it's that "fundamentally better" thing that does nothing for me. I'm not a big fan of the recent apotheosis of "the neutral" when I've been around long enough to see that the games that are supposed to be "fundamentally sound" aren't all they are cracked up to be. Which isn't a bad thing! It just makes this chest thumping about "neutral" seem empty and pointless.

@haketh brought up a great point about A2. If I blocked a jump in, waited a few frames and thought he went throw so I hit forward or back to tech, there's a good chance a good 30% chunk of my life is gone and I'm on my back. Now out of context, you could argue that it's brutally unfair that you have access to what is essentially an unblockable as part of the mixup, but in the meta of the game its fine. Alpha 2 is considered one of the great "fundamental" titles of all time.

But you can go back and find old ST heads like Schaeffer (and probably Watson) who thought the game was trash because it was unsafe to do things like sweep or neutral jump sometimes because you could get clipped by these high damage mechanics. As long as there has been fighters, there have been people who will discredit the new so they can celebrate in the old.

Bringing that back around to I2 and SFV, everyone and their mother won't shut up about how bad SFV is. People are going as far as to say it's "Not SF." Now I know that is crap, and that since it has consistent results and winners that it's not random nonsense. I may not like it that much, but I would not go out of my way to call any game I play over it "fundamentally superior," because that's crap and that's been crap for twenty years.

I know I'm wasting my time on a troll, and I should probably get a life, but the division stuff has to stop. Leads to nothing and means nothing.

haketh

Noob
I mean you can say you deleted it because you decided to add a bunch of caveats, I won't look down on you lul

But being serious, it's that "fundamentally better" thing that does nothing for me. I'm not a big fan of the recent apotheosis of "the neutral" when I've been around long enough to see that the games that are supposed to be "fundamentally sound" aren't all they are cracked up to be. Which isn't a bad thing! It just makes this chest thumping about "neutral" seem empty and pointless.

@haketh brought up a great point about A2. If I blocked a jump in, waited a few frames and thought he went throw so I hit forward or back to tech, there's a good chance a good 30% chunk of my life is gone and I'm on my back. Now out of context, you could argue that it's brutally unfair that you have access to what is essentially an unblockable as part of the mixup, but in the meta of the game its fine. Alpha 2 is considered one of the great "fundamental" titles of all time.

But you can go back and find old ST heads like Schaeffer (and probably Watson) who thought the game was trash because it was unsafe to do things like sweep or neutral jump sometimes because you could get clipped by these high damage mechanics. As long as there has been fighters, there have been people who will discredit the new so they can celebrate in the old.

Bringing that back around to I2 and SFV, everyone and their mother won't shut up about how bad SFV is. People are going as far as to say it's "Not SF." Now I know that is crap, and that since it has consistent results and winners that it's not random nonsense. I may not like it that much, but I would not go out of my way to call any game I play over it "fundamentally superior," because that's crap and that's been crap for twenty years.

I know I'm wasting my time on a troll, and I should probably get a life, but the division stuff has to stop. Leads to nothing and means nothing.
I could talk for days how this myth that ST was hailed as the one true God King Game of Footsies isn't true at all haha

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

uh do you not see what nrs players are saying in the thread super dumb lul i decided to quit before more showed up

the point is being able to play both at higher levels, i def know what im talking about when i compare and contrast in a thread that is asking for opinions on these two games. im not even sure some of these guys played injustice 1 lul and it doesnt sound like it but whatever.

i think inj 2 will be the best nrs game and if you love them you'll have a good time. pretending like its neutral is so gdlk, reactions/spacing only, no crush counters for 300 damage to hold you back well lul just makes me want to pat them on the back, whatever you say nrs players. cracks me up lul but who knows inj 2 could turn out to have an actual midrange game idk doubt it based on the beta

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I mean if you're mad that .9% of on the site are actually playing at a high level, and most of the talk is of lower level play, then welcome to any gaming forum. But then again, I think you do know that and, again, I'm wasting my time on a troll, but screw it, I'm in this deep.

But really, you're just proving my point. Players from the bygone eras are coming out of the mothballs to say that "footsies are back," etc. when that's always crap. "Fundamentals" is a safety blanket for people who feel like they need to validate themselves as being good, so the talk will always circle back around to that. It's all BS and it's bad for ya (© George Carlin)

Every community does that, nothing new here.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I mean if you're mad that .9% of on the site are actually playing at a high level, and most of the talk is of lower level play, then welcome to any gaming forum. But then again, I think you do know that and, again, I'm wasting my time on a troll, but screw it, I'm in this deep.

But really, you're just proving my point. Players from the bygone eras are coming out of the mothballs to say that "footsies are back," etc. when that's always crap. "Fundamentals" is a safety blanket for people who feel like they need to validate themselves as being good, so the talk will always circle back around to that. It's all BS and it's bad for ya (© George Carlin)

Every community does that, nothing new here.

lul but i just said it'll probably be the best nrs game ever made. doesnt mean its walkspeed or antiairs arent bad, you know fundamental things in fighting games people appreciate nvm the mechanics or higher levels of play meta. if that makes me sound like an elitist whatevz lul