What's new

What skills will be rewarded in Injustice compared to SFV

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The dash is a reaction, the anti-air is more anticipation.... I wouldn't kall that a bait. How are you baiting anything? You're just prolonging things and buying yourself time, which is sometimes what you need.[/QUOTE/]
because youd have to hope he jumps at a specific range where a jumpin still wont clip you before he arches down in his jump so that you have enough time to do a 20f move to avoid it. its completely situational

it basically sounds like youre surrendering to the idea that if he jumps your only option in a situation to simply avoid being jumped in on at a specific range is to dash, comitting to a 20 frameish move which means youre most likely doing nothing in neutral, just waiting for the person to jump so you can dash away, baiting him to do it lul

thats horrible

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
This is the first time I've ever seen anyone talk about IGAU & say that game had consistent AAs. Even after the Universal D2 buff shit was still pants unless you were playing like Deathstroke or Lobo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Knowledge, execution, setplay, mind games and fundamentals.

This is all you need.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
This is the first time I've ever seen anyone talk about IGAU & say that game had consistent AAs. Even after the Universal D2 buff shit was still pants unless you were playing like Deathstroke or Lobo.
How about Sinestro, Aquaman, Grundy, Bane, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman?

lol how many times you guys see a Wonder Woman successfully anti air Batgirl's jump 2 100% of the time? Even Aquaman is scared of jump ins. And look at Joker's jump 2 lol

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Neutral gonna be more important in inj2 than it is in sf5. You can't just mash your crush counter button to catch the tip of someone else button and due to the wonder of the priority system get 300 damage for """"""""outplaying""""""" them.

Walkspeeds look up across the board also helps with that.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Neutral gonna be more important in inj2 than it is in sf5... Walkspeeds look up across the board also helps with that.
I certainly hope so, as it's the fundamentals that I'm the most interested in. SF was supposed to be the king of that, but afaik, it's more of an Offence, Offence, SCREAMING OFFENCE, type of game (though admittedly, that's hearsay, I don't play it).

I do hope that AAs are rewarded, and trip guards especially, since that's what I'm really good at. At the very least, it's gotta have good netcode (KI level) and feel responsive, if I'm going to play it seriously.

(Nice air quotes, btw).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I certainly hope so, as it's the fundamentals that I'm the most interested in. SF was supposed to be the king of that, but afaik, it's more of an Offence, Offence, SCREAMING OFFENCE, type of game (though admittedly, that's hearsay, I don't play it).
Sf5 the most offensive focused game in the series history easily yeah. I main vega so my spirit is near constantly broken because defense is trash in sf5, and vega has the worst defense in the game on top of that(no reversals, worst v-reverse, even his super isn't invincible and you can stuff it).

A telling point is say SF4, you get the life lead you sit on it. Let the enemy come to you and watch out for their mistakes. In sf5 a combination of things like v-trigger comebacks(hi rog and ibuki) and the higher inherent input delay over traditional fighters making reactions that much harder, makes waiting for your opponents to come to you suicide.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
A telling point is say SF4, you get the life lead you sit on it. Let the enemy come to you and watch out for their mistakes. In sf5 a combination of things like v-trigger comebacks(hi rog and ibuki) and the higher inherent input delay over traditional fighters making reactions that much harder, makes waiting for your opponents to come to you suicide.
This is why I'm an Xbox owner, and why I tried KI instead and found (gasp!) another highly offensive game! Yay!

That said, I'm seeing a lot of things that make INJ2 appealing. Push Blocks work, no backdash (negative) penalties, Clashes return and the Air Techs add another defensive option that's meter dependent. So yeah, cautiously optimistic. I think meter management will be separating the men from the toddlers in that game.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
lol how many times you guys see a Wonder Woman successfully anti air Batgirl's jump 2 100% of the time? Even Aquaman is scared of jump ins. And look at Joker's jump 2 lol
Well, batgirl could change her jump arc with a move that had devastating consequences, so yes, there was hesitation. That's a poor example.

On a bigger subject, "100% of the time" anti air is a fallacy. Many games have invincible aa and some even have normals that are invulnerable to air attacks, and people are still jumping.

The reality is that whenever a player has got you thinking on the ground, it will be more and more difficult to actually do it. That is a consequence of high level play. The more factors you add in, like changing jump arcs, further complicate the situation.

I do not think igau or mkx was even for every character when it came to aa, but it really shouldn't, either; it may have been designed to be a characters weakness. But I do think many were serviceable and did the job fine. The problem was most had such a strong ground game with dash that they enforce both air and ground pressure, which made people hesitate. Add to that more than a few characters getting crazy mixups on a blocked jump in.

Jumping is always strong, make no mistake about it. It's a natural reward for having a good ground game. But I do not think anybody could steal wins by jumping repeatedly in igau, and I definitely think they won't do it here.

haketh

Noob
Sf5 the most offensive focused game in the series history easily yeah. I main vega so my spirit is near constantly broken because defense is trash in sf5, and vega has the worst defense in the game on top of that(no reversals, worst v-reverse, even his super isn't invincible and you can stuff it).

It is not the most offensively oriented game in the series rofl what? Have you never watched A3?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Ryu 400 damage no meter
[MEDIA]
Balrog turn around punch combo
[MEDIA]
Guile
[MEDIA]
Necally

upps!, that's four OMG!
lul what is this why are you showing me combos

first of all you realize that cc bnbs vary on distance connected so when we're talking abiut neutral and not point blank meaties none of these even work its how crush counters are balanced out.

secondly that ryu combo literally never works without a specifc knockdown setup.

thirldy the balrog and guile combos arent even possible lmao. desk mainpulates the game to make cool looking combos with characters and that guile combo doesnt even work in season 2 lul

4th video is a jump in combo which has nothing do with crush counters

pls my man stop you dont know what youre talking about. just enjoy our party mode in inj lul

lul what is this why are you showing me combos

first of all you realize that cc bnbs vary on distance connected so when we're talking abiut neutral and not point blank meaties none of these even work its how crush counters are balanced out.

secondly that ryu combo literally never works without a specifc setup.

thirldy the balrog and guile combos aremt even possible lmao. desk mainpulates the game to make cool looking combos with characters and that guile combo doesnt even work in season 2 lul

4th video is a jump in combo which has nothing do with crush counters

pls my man stop
They do more than 300 meterless no excuse man. LOL
I don't care they do more than 300 meterless.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
They do more than 300 meterless no excuse man. LOL
I don't care they do more than 300 meterless.
ok and who cares is my point. fake/jumpin combos can do 30% damage in sfv? so broken lul thanks for sharing bro awesome my man

zero to do with crush counters in footsies which is what we're talking about but you know whatever i guess lul