What's new

'What should I serve in the Netherrealm?' - The Quan Chi Suggestion Thread

Robotic

Gentleman.
The sticky guide has non working links. For any new visitors to the site who want some foundational Quan Chi stuff, their first thought is to check the Quan Chi guide - which is currently useless. Fixing that would be cool, as well as keeping it updated.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Just don't eat the last Sun dried Tomato.....trust me.

Edit, I love you guys.
Awwwwwwwww. Robotic, Im adding you on psn today, don't know why I havnt yet.

/endderailthread
(admiral don't taze me bro, Im sorry)

-b_s- :headbang:

Robotic

Gentleman.
An honest-to-goodness, be all, end all, matchup thread. Discuss the matchup, list the number (6-4) and, finally, explain what Quan can do to win the match (strategy). Once done with one character, move on to another.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I wish I could make "WOOLAY!" t-shirts for NEC.

I wanna learn Rune Traps one day. His mindfuck skills are unparalleled.

"Stop hitting yourself." *X-RAY* "Stop hitting yourself." *X-RAY* "Stop hitting yourself..."

myth

Noob
An honest-to-goodness, be all, end all, matchup thread. Discuss the matchup, list the number (6-4) and, finally, explain what Quan can do to win the match (strategy). Once done with one character, move on to another.
i like that idea a lot.

Lets get a thread like that rolling

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I have exactly one hour of Quan Chi experience but I've played against a handful and noticed a few things. Nobody seems to double up on the trance. I always follow a trance immediately with another trance. Also, I'm not sure it's possible but I'm going to see if I can't whiff a sky drop following the trance and continue the combo with a 11 skydrop in place of a jip 11 skydrop (meter, meter, meter). I'm absolutely clueless with this guy, though. I'm new, as I said, but it seems any place you can build meter, even with minor damage compromise, you should take advantage.

Most QC players I've played follow his b+3 1+2 with a 11/112 trance. I find it easy to time a B+3 1+2, B+21 xx 11 trance (sometimes leaving of the second hit of the 11 string depending on how opponent is falling).

His 21 U+3 is also underused. It's a little quicker but nearly identical to his F+12 string. It's a shame you can't special cancel of the last hit. I feel his naked u+3 is worthless and overly risky.

If you're playing against an opponent with quicker advancing normals, cancel your unsafe block strings with a whiffed skydrop and keep them guessing where you're going to land. Maybe follow up with a sly sweep or a 112.

Probably a lot of information already covered somewhere in these forums but whatev.

Flagg

Noob
I've just started using QC and I think this guy has so much potential.

One combo I really like with him is B21, dash, B21, Dash, B11, trance, trance, B11 medium rune trap. Does about 38%. If you forgo the second trance and go in for a jp, you're adding another 3% and of course, if you use a EX Rune trap, you can get damage of 38-45% for a nice medium screen combo.

My only gripe is, the character feels a bit...gimmicky. That might be the wrong word, but I find most people don't know how to block his B3, 1+2 or F121+2 and I know he can be a rush down beast, and I know he is about the mix up, but I wonder if im winning simply because people dont know how to play against him. He has so much stuff. I think his rune traps are great...his projectile is the only thing about him I don't think is that great, but other than that he seems a pretty solid character that can be played quite well at most ranges.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Oh, shit. Didn't realize this was a thread for forum suggestions and not character suggestions. I only get so much time a day to browse, I was being hasty.

Umm, a futon would be nice.

Cool man, doesn't necessarily need to be offline. I just enjoy watching offline over online.

..I'm selfish
lol i get it. well when i get to learn him a little better ill test the waters. for now, i get to block string happy gettn grabbed and poked out of everything, gotta change that.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
lol i get it. well when i get to learn him a little better ill test the waters. for now, i get to block string happy gettn grabbed and poked out of everything, gotta change that.
If you're interested in learning about pressure with Quan, I know there's a good thread somewhere here about it.

Also, watch matches in the video thread to help you get an idea.

If you're interested in learning about pressure with Quan, I know there's a good thread somewhere here about it.

Also, watch matches in the video thread to help you get an idea.
will do. yea i went to an offline casual one night, used him in random select, and liked him. studied mayos guide and now im on the quan train lol.