What's new

What should I be looking for in neutral?

upon

Noob
Currently using f1 as a wiff punish, f212 as my go to hit confirm and pressure string, sand traps to make them scared and more rarely B22. There does seem to be a noticeable mid range that's hard for me to engage on. Is there anything I should be doing better?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Currently using f1 as a wiff punish, f212 as my go to hit confirm and pressure string, sand traps to make them scared and more rarely B22. There does seem to be a noticeable mid range that's hard for me to engage on. Is there anything I should be doing better?
At this point there is so much Geras gameplay that you can just go and watch the highest level players and learn from them.

Vagrant

Noob
My only issue with f1 is it's a little slow for reacting to quick whiffs. the range is great though. Some faster options with less range are f21 b22 or f3. f21 and f3 require you to absolutelty be certain they whiffed if you want to cancel into bf2 for the full punish. Sand trap can also be used for sort of pre emptive whiff punishing/ footsies. I don't know what they'd be whiffing full screen that's going to keep them open long enough to react with a sandtrap (considerable startup) but there's probably something.

You can whiff punish with almost anything. It's more about the set up and the spacing and reading what they like to do in neutral at that time that's going to determine how successful your whiff punishes are. I'm noticing in these blockstring games though. It's more difficult to get a read on the range of things and the timing, since most buttons can be continued with the rest of the string. Still doable though for sure.

Latte

Noob
For the way I play Geras, I try to stay within jab range or just outside it for f3 whiff punishing. I'll buffer bf1 2 to make sure that I finish that string (kinda strict timing though, but it's helpful).