What's new

What separates good deadshot from great one

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Watching matches between foxy vs whiteboi and p2w vs whiteboi on last rhs made me think about that. When you watch both sets it looks like p2w and foxy do same thing but foxy had much more success keeping scarecrow out and winning. Both of them are great deadshots but foxy did smth better. But what ?

Also I want to up my game with deadshot , im good at zoning and combos with him but its not enough to be "great" deadshot . So whats next ? instant air gunshots ? Honestly idk .... with darkseid you can come up with crazy setups and stuff but deadshot is simple character .... there are no crazy setups with him , no hard combos to master or anything execution heavy.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
But if so , why p2w did not 5-0 him ? Less ping :D

Lets think , foxy is from EU and p2w is USA , whiteboi too so it could be a thing lol
More distance = worse connection .

Tweedy

Noob

Lets think , foxy is from EU and p2w is USA , whiteboi too so it could be a thing lol
yeah p2w had a more realistic connection with them

Foxy wasn't staying full screen against aqua , he was at like 2/3'ds of it (because you can't punish aqua with gunshots if you're full screen) so everytime dragon threw out a ftd foxy would constantly punish it forcing dragon to come in , another thing is that he sat on meter alot so whenever dragon got close and started his offense foxy would just pushblock him and reset the neutral ( he also dealt and played really well with dragon when he got in) I don't think he could've played that mu any better , perfect spacing and meter management , he barley used the oh starter and pretty much only used the low ( which is safe and puts you at good distance) so if he threw out f2s it'd work most of the time because dragon was conditioned to block low

Tweedy

Noob
Foxy is just a better player and understands the match-ups more. Ping isn't the reason why he is reversal wrist cannoning FTD or anti-airing Scarecrow
This game is way different offline than any version of mkx. US to EU sets have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit: Any version is a lie I forgot old netcode LOL

Last edited:
I forgot. Apparently selecting and un-selecting Deatchsot quick is a SonicFox do is a secret tech for victory. The audio sequence is this: Dededededededededededededeatshot. Done enough times in a match guarantees 40% of mental damage to the poor opponent. :DOGE That's the best strat ever, because SonicFox does it :DOGE

Last edited:
This game is way different offline than any version of mkx. US to EU sets have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit: Any version is a lie I forgot old netcode LOL
Not saying the results would be the same if foxy and dragon played again offline , but what's exactly so different about it to the point where it doesn't really count online ?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Foxy's Deadshot is better because he is a better player. He has better understanding of the mu's, better reactions, better execution and is a smarter player.

I don't see why p2w, a guy who has barely scratched the surface is being compared to a player with a record like Foxy's, when it's clear from video evidence the difference in the matches and results.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Watching matches between foxy vs whiteboi and p2w vs whiteboi on last rhs made me think about that. When you watch both sets it looks like p2w and foxy do same thing but foxy had much more success keeping scarecrow out and winning. Both of them are great deadshots but foxy did smth better. But what ?

Also I want to up my game with deadshot , im good at zoning and combos with him but its not enough to be "great" deadshot . So whats next ? instant air gunshots ? Honestly idk .... with darkseid you can come up with crazy setups and stuff but deadshot is simple character .... there are no crazy setups with him , no hard combos to master or anything execution heavy.
Foxy was adjusting to Whiteboi's choices and movement on the fly, rather than just letting Nick adjust to him.

But Foxy also had The Power of Lag, which gives a 20% buff to zoning characters :p