What's new

What Scorpion Skin You Want Most In Mk11?

Which Skin?

• Deception Default

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Mortal Kombat 4

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Deadly Alliance Alternate Costume

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • New With Skeletal Body Parts

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Don't Really Care

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Mortal Kombat 9

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Mortal Kombat X

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
As Prima Italia said, Subz beat Scorp in MK9, and he beat him again in the MKX comic even though Scorpion had help from Takeda. So it's definitely not true that "in all lore battles scorpion beats sub zero."

The single time Scorpion won was in MKX, and yeah Scorpion technically won, but if you look at the actual cinematic, it's clear that Sub-Zero was not defeated. He was still strong enough, and aware enough, to freeze Frost and stop her from hurting Hanzo.

So in terms of lore, actually the fights clearly favor Sub-Zero.

P.S. you're kidding yourself if you think Sub-Zero is as popular as Scorpion.
In MK1 Scorp wins. In MK2 Scorp beats Sub but spares him. In MK4 Scorp beats Sub again

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
In MK1 Scorp wins. In MK2 Scorp beats Sub but spares him. In MK4 Scorp beats Sub again
That's not lore anymore. Thanks to MK9, it never happened.

If your point is that we grew up thinking it happened... we really didn't. The average MK fan back in the day gave zero fucks about the character bios and the character endings, and even for those that did give a fuck, there was often no way to know which ones were canon and which ones weren't, sometimes until years after, sometimes never.

And if that's not enough, the Sub-Zero Scorp beats in MK1/MK9 is a completely different character, so that doesn't even count.

DragonofDadashov24

That's not lore anymore. Thanks to MK9, it never happened.

If your point is that we grew up thinking it happened... we really didn't. The average MK fan back in the day gave zero fucks about the character bios and the character endings, and even for those that did give a fuck, there was often no way to know which ones were canon and which ones weren't, sometimes until years after, sometimes never.

And if that's not enough, the Sub-Zero Scorp beats in MK1/MK9 is a completely different character, so that doesn't even count.
I’m not saying we’re thinking that happened. That actually did happen. MK1-4 did have canon endings. Scorpion’s MK4 ending lead to MK Deadly Alliance.
MK11 makes me think MK9 didn’t change shit. Also I don’t think either of them is stronger. We have Jin beating Kotal, Jax beating Liu fucking Kang and Cassie beating fully powered Shinnok. All thanks to shitty writing

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I’m not saying we’re thinking that happened. That actually did happen. MK1-4 did have canon endings.
Yes and those of us who cared to know, often didn't know which ones those were until years later.

Regardless, the character Scorpion beats in MK1 is not present day Sub-Zero, so the only time Scorpion actually beat Kuai Liang in canon, across the entire game franchise, is MK4.

MK11 makes me think MK9 didn’t change shit.
It changed shit. The past timeline does not exist anymore. The events of MK1-8 never happened. Whether Kronika's abilities make sense in that context, or we're just expected to suspend our disbelief about it, remains to be seen.

Also I don’t think either of them is stronger. We have Jin beating Kotal, Jax beating Liu fucking Kang and Cassie beating fully powered Shinnok. All thanks to shitty writing
Says the guy who thinks that Liu Kang only loses fights because of "shitty writing"? Lol. Let's leave subjective tastes out of this.

DragonofDadashov24

Yes and those of us who cared to know, often didn't know which ones those were until years later.

Regardless, the character Scorpion beats in MK1 is not present day Sub-Zero, so the only time Scorpion actually beat Kuai Liang in canon, across the entire game franchise, is MK4.

It changed shit. The past timeline does not exist anymore. The events of MK1-8 never happened. Whether Kronika's abilities make sense in that context, or we're just expected to suspend our disbelief about it, remains to be seen.

Says the guy who thinks that Liu Kang only loses fights because of "shitty writing"? Lol. Let's leave subjective tastes out of this.
My last point actually backs up that of Liu Kang. Shitty writing has been the biggest problem of mk plot. And I’m pretty much sure MK11 includes characters from old MK, probably MK2 period. Scorpion beat younger Sub in MK2 and MK4 no debate there. Sub beat Scorp in MK9. In the same game Stryker beats Ermac and Kintaro while Sonya beats both Kitana and Jade after beating older Sub-Zero. Think about it and tell me if writing is good here.