What's new

What projectiles is Motaro vulnerable against?

@Konqrr @Shock
I was messing around on a ladder run and Motaro would occasionally get hit by sindel's air fireball. Thinking it was maybe hit box related I tried Kabal's air fireball but it reflected, and Sub's ice shower didn't do anything.
What is it that causes it? occasionally her air fireball is reflected, but when it hits close to his head he takes the damage.

mkholic

Noob
@Konqrr @Shock
I was messing around on a ladder run and Motaro would occasionally get hit by sindel's air fireball. Thinking it was maybe hit box related I tried Kabal's air fireball but it reflected, and Sub's ice shower didn't do anything.
What is it that causes it? occasionally her air fireball is reflected, but when it hits close to his head he takes the damage.
i'd imagine there's a "flag" for the projectiles (except those like ice shower and harpoon, that have hitboxes disabled) to become reflectable on a certain frame so when performed close sindel's air fireball hits because the "flag" isn't there yet
that's my take on it anyway

i'd imagine there's a "flag" for the projectiles (except those like ice shower and harpoon, that have hitboxes disabled) to become reflectable on a certain frame so when performed close sindel's air fireball hits because the "flag" isn't there yet
that's my take on it anyway
ah, good point. sub's iceball will go through motaro if done close enough too.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Can't he get hit while he is jumping in the air? That was my experience in MK Trilogy tho lol don't know if it applies to MK3

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
in mk3/umk3 he is vulnerable against sindel's fireball.

trilogy iirc he can be frozen and speared.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are some differences in how Motaro reacts to projectiles in MKT compared MK3/UMK3. I never looked into why Sindel's air fireball works against him. The conventional wisdom was always that his head was vulnerable but that, as stated here, doesn't make sense when other air fireballs don't work. @Konqrr might be able to give a technical answer for this as he's studied a lot of the code.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
In 32-bit MKT, Motaro being vulnerable to projectiles depends on how far away you are from him. For example, being dead up close, or at least at sweep distance, will allow you to hit him with projectiles like Noob's Disabler.
Being further away (full screen and mid screen, IIRC) will cause the projectile to reflect back. That being said, I believe there are projectiles that still don't do anything.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Right off, i know for sure that some projectiles hit only when he is in a hit state and airborne. It's been so long since I've played single player... I'll have to check it out. If i can find it in the code, I'll post it.

Last edited: