What's new

What other games do you play besides MK?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Shifted my interest to a lot more semi “old school” stuff:

rainbow six siege - pc
Counter strike GO - pc
Rouge company - pc
Quake champions - pc
Crash n sane trilogy - pc
Diablo 3 - pc
Overwatch - pc

Fightcade 2 games:
Umk3 - pc
Mortal kombat 2 - pc
Mvc 1 - pc
Sf third strike - pc
Hopefully cvs2 pc once I get it set up

might give tekken 7 on pc another try once I stop being sick/start feeling better

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Death Stranding on PC this game is really fucking cool and I was def taken by surprise. Had no interest in this game just wanted something new and shiny for new build runs and looks fantastic at 4k ultra 144hz.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Actually just started to replay for the millionth time, Dark Souls 1 (Remastered). The fact that I’ve put countless amount of hours into this game and can still enjoy it is why it’s in my top 5 most favorite games of all time. Doing a SL1 play through currently. I have all the skips and cheeses down. I’m currently in the sewer system part of the depths and haven’t even defeated the 1st boss (not counting the tutorial boss, I beat him already). Doing these skips are so much fun to me, idc lol.

Actually just started to replay for the millionth time, Dark Souls 1 (Remastered). The fact that I’ve put countless amount of hours into this game and can still enjoy it is why it’s in my top 5 most favorite games of all time. Doing a SL1 play through currently. I have all the skips and cheeses down. I’m currently in the sewer system part of the depths and haven’t even defeated the 1st boss (not counting the tutorial boss, I beat him already). Doing these skips are so much fun to me, idc lol.
I have a lot of fond memories hanging out in dickstab forest practicing unlock fireball aim on trees while waiting for people to come fight me.

One time, this blue wearing nothing but a sack on his head rolls in carrying a pickaxe. Totally ignores me and starts "mining" the area and dropping ore at his feet before moving onto the next spot.
I stood there watching him while a red invades and comes charging in before noticing that I'm looking at this blue mining the forest. We watched together for a bit before the red decided to attack the blue, gets killed almost instantly, and the blue returns to his mining.

Good times.

Civilization V
XCOM2
The Witcher 3
Singleplay games that allow me to relax.
Diablo2 (reddit community server)
Dota2
Dota underlords
Don't starve together
Multiplayer games that allow me to play with friends and have some fun.
I also have Left 4 dead 2 but my friends don't play it anymore

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I have a lot of fond memories hanging out in dickstab forest practicing unlock fireball aim on trees while waiting for people to come fight me.

One time, this blue wearing nothing but a sack on his head rolls in carrying a pickaxe. Totally ignores me and starts "mining" the area and dropping ore at his feet before moving onto the next spot.
I stood there watching him while a red invades and comes charging in before noticing that I'm looking at this blue mining the forest. We watched together for a bit before the red decided to attack the blue, gets killed almost instantly, and the blue returns to his mining.

Good times.
I also figured out this insane souls glitch on the Dark Souls Remastered. There used to be a souls glitch that basically just required a roll. But this new one is infinitely better. You can get millions of souls super early doing this glitch. And as I said, it really isn’t very difficult.

Dishonored (mainly The Knife Of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches when I play, these days).
Dishonored 2
MGS 3: Snake Eater (from time to time)
Portal 2
Injustice 2
Rocket League

Aside from MK, most of the other stuff are games that I can enjoy in SP after a long day at work.
Aside from those games I also used to play Gang Beasts and a few of the Jackbox collections when friends used to come over.
Those were the days. :(

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Perfect Dark
Evolve
Cyberpunk 2077
Paladins
Killer Instinct
Rainbow Six Siege
Payday 2
but right now, I’m playing Fallout New Vegas
Wow remove Rainbow Six: Siege, Payday 2 & Evolve then it's still pretty much the same as I'm currently playing Fallout New Vegas.

I tried playing Fallout 3 recently but in comparison to New Vegas, it's a much harder game to go back to as it's aged horribly & New Vegas is just an overall better game in nearly every way possible. When I'm done with my current New Vegas playthrough, I'll go back to Fallout 3 & try to finish it while probably complaining throughout the entire time & then play The Outer Worlds, Deus Ex or Cyberpunk.

@Revy I really enjoyed Fallout 3, but never got to play Fallout: New Vegas (simply a time thing, not a lack of desire). I also want to give Fallout 4 a try at some point; I have yet to play that too.

For me, I'm currently playing through the Halo franchise in chronological order before Halo Infinite comes out. Just finished Halo 4 so I'll be starting Halo 5: Guardians soon. Also doing a playthrough of DOOM (2016), my first time in 4K. I also want to do another playthrough of Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Multiplayer-wise, I'm playing Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition (though much less now), and also Halo: The Master Chief Collection Co-Op Campaigns with my father.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
It's actually the most exciting year for me in while. No More Heroes III just came out, and I'm about to start my Carolina Reaper run through soon. Just finished replaying NMH, NMH3, and TSA to prepare as well. Also, as a lifelong Shin Megami Tensei fan, I'm very excited for SMT:V which is around the corner. There's also SWERY's new game, The Good Life releasing in a little over a week which I can't wait to play. It's just a shame Deadly Premonition 2 didn't do the series any favors. And after all of that, there's Metroid Dread coming out shortly too. If only I didn't spend 100 hrs a week working, I might actually be able to play everything I want.

Regardless, I'm glad my other half has a Switch. Otherwise I'd be crying in the corner with my Demon's Soulstation 5 while all of these awesome games came out.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Well. I have a love/hate relationship with MK at the moment so I hardly ever play. But outside of it I’ve been on a big modern warfare kick. Game is super fun. Been heavy into Soul Calibur as well and trying to plat Dark Souls 3. I occasionally drift to the Xbox for Gears of War or Halo as well.

Deffffff thinking about getting that Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Haven’t been playing TOO much games lately. But have been playing Jump King, and also just got Tales of Arise which I plan on playing through this weekend. As far as Jump King goes, I absolutely love it. I love super difficult games, especially when the gameplay and concept is actually rather simple. I found the secret passage way to the snow cave alternate route (not hard to find) and I spent a lot of time trying to progress that way. But it’s super tedious and I decided to save that route for a run after I beat the game the “normal” way. That said, I did acquire one of the side items, the secret big boots. There’s actually a lot of items you can get in this game, just about all of them are “secret items” that you have to do sort of a “sidequest” to obtain. For the secret big boots, there’s a bird/crow that you have to jump onto. Once you make contact with it, it flies up to another location. You have to do this like 12 times. The final time it drops a gold coin. Then you have to purposely fall ALL THE WAY DOWN back to where the NPC was asking for a gold coin for the boots. So I did that. It’s super difficult to get all the way up to where the gold coin was, so it took me forever to actually get back up there.

Anyway, I’m really close to the end. I’ve seen snippets of runs (didn’t want to watch a full run because I wanted to figure everything out myself. Only thing I “looked up” was how to get the gold coin for the boots). So since I’ve seen a few clips here and there, I knew that once you get to the shaking tower, you’re close to the end. I’m at the bottom/beginning of the shaking tower. All of the things I did, including as I said the detour in the snow cave and getting the boots, I’m currently around 8 hours of in game time. So I feel like I’ve progressed pretty well considering it seems a lot of people have put anywhere from 40 hours to 100 hours to reach the top. And that’s not including them doing what I did with taking detours or going for items. I honestly do believe that coming from a competitive gaming background, mainly fighting games, has helped me with this game. That and playing hard games like I Wanna Be The Guy and Cuphead. You naturally learn from every mistake in just about any game, but definitely in Jump King. Most people won’t be able to be persistent enough to keep trying and failing over and over, especially in Jump King where a single mistake can wipe out hrs of progress. However. The great thing about it is that it can take you an hour to get from point A to point B. But since you failed so many times in that hour, if you fall back down to point A, you’re going to reach point B WAAAY quicker than you did before. But yeah, the game can be super punishing. So my competitive FG mindset has helped me a lot to stay calm and learn from my falls (mistakes).

Anyway, I definitely recommend Jump King. I’m playing it on a controller on console. Jump King 2 is currently not available on console, so I might just wait for it to come to console before I get it. I’ve heard it’s much more difficult than the first one.

Deffffff thinking about getting that Diablo 2 Resurrected.
As someone who played the snot out of the game back in 2000 and 2001, I really, really want it to, but I can't justify that price tag for a remaster. Hopefully a sale will happen. In about five years or so since it's Blizzard.

Komatose

The Prettiest
As someone who played the snot out of the game back in 2000 and 2001, I really, really want it to, but I can't justify that price tag for a remaster. Hopefully a sale will happen. In about five years or so since it's Blizzard.
Yeah, 30 or 40 or however much is meh. But I’m sure the development was costly because it’s an all new graphic layout. But Diablo and Blizzard in general have so many fans, they could have put it out for 20 or something and still made so much profit, I’m sure. Maybe not. Idk. I don’t make vidya games.

Yeah, 30 or 40 or however much is meh. But I’m sure the development was costly because it’s an all new graphic layout. But Diablo and Blizzard in general have so many fans, they could have put it out for 20 or something and still made so much profit, I’m sure. Maybe not. Idk. I don’t make vidya games.
It's $59.99 here :(.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Doom Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut since it's even better on PS5, and every Halo getting ready for infinite.

I’m confused why it would be $60 there tho. That’s so strange.
The Canadian dollar is valued below the US dollar, so things are more in Canadian dollars here. The overall value is usually more or less the same with conversion, though for Diablo II, it looks like Activision-Blizzard increased the price more. Which is not cool.