What's new

What other games do you play besides MK?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Tbh right now, only game I have been playing other than MK is Street Fighter 4 (not SF5, SF4). Just been playing the AI on hardest difficulty or just doing combos in training mode. It’s fun just playing a fighting game you love even if you’re not playing against anyone or anything.

Dragon Quest 11.
Thinking about picking up SFV when internet is restored to our house, since the Ryu buffs are amazing. I just wanted to have tatsumaki to hit crouching opponents, but they gave him that and a ton of really fun and degenerate shit.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Just finished up Assassin's Creed Valhalla a few weeks ago and I've been occasionally jumping into Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer, along with some recent demos (Guilty Gear and Outriders).

Honestly I don't have as much time to game (parenthood, husband stuff, active career) and there's not a lot on the horizon hyping me up. I'm hoping next gen games with new IPs will try to push the industry forward because there's such a boring regurgitated status quo along with the terrible development mishandlings for games that were supposed to be epic.

Like I was hype for Anthem, for Avengers, and for Cyberpunk and they just came out like ass.

I guess the next Arkham game, Elden Ring, and Hood Outlaws are the only things coming to mind that sound exciting. Back 4 Blood gets honorable mention but it still might feel too 'samey' to Left 4 Dead.

Gerchap

Noob
Tbh right now, only game I have been playing other than MK is Street Fighter 4 (not SF5, SF4). Just been playing the AI on hardest difficulty or just doing combos in training mode. It’s fun just playing a fighting game you love even if you’re not playing against anyone or anything.
I was browsing last night and almost got Street Fighter, do you use a stick for SF? I have one which haven’t used in over a decade lol wondering if there’s a way to convert it into a newer console stick.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Assassin’s Creed is a franchise I really want to try. Is the online multiplayer good?
Sadly no multiplayer for Valhalla. It's primarily a single player game.

Overall the series is pretty hit or miss but sometimes I really like open world exploration games with a decent story/combat system and AC can scratch that itch.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I only tried the first AC and I got bored trying to ride the horse around to get to the next thing I had to do, so turned it off and never played again. Trailers always looked pretty cool though.

Through February, I've been playing (in no particular order):

• Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition (PC and Xbox One X)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One X)
  • DOOM: Eternal (PC and Xbox One X via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
  • Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition (PC and Xbox One X)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC and Xbox One X)
  • Mortal Kombat XL (Xbox One X)

DeftMonk

Noob
Dbfz Tekken 7 SfV. Played gg xrd recently then immediately stopped when I realized the roster in that game is so much better (to me) than strive, and I want to be hype about strive.

I was bored of mk so tried tekken 7

I was interested in Julia Negan and Noctis

I uninstalled after a week since I don’t really have the effort to learn the basics and the game put no effort into teaching them. I also felt the movement was so sluggish and awkward and the selling animations for combos are kinda weak and not that rewarding compared to mk

DeftMonk

Noob
I was bored of mk so tried tekken 7

I was interested in Julia Negan and Noctis

I uninstalled after a week since I don’t really have the effort to learn the basics and the game put no effort into teaching them. I also felt the movement was so sluggish and awkward and the selling animations for combos are kinda weak and not that rewarding compared to mk
After u play Tekken awhile the movement is the best part actually. I recommend sticking with it unless u just want something simple like mk 11...in which case sfv just had a new update.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Smite (new season just dropped)
Outriders Demo
Conan Exiles
AC Valhalla every now and then
Monster Hunter World

Last edited:
Nah I haven't played in months. How the hell can you even go in KL? it's a freaking joke. Stomp spamming Sheevas, can't even practice new chars. Stupid.
Wow. I actually meant that as a joke because I thought you still did play regularly. I didn't known you actually had stopped. Did you ever get your PlayStation 5?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Wow. I actually meant that as a joke because I thought you still did play regularly. I didn't known you actually had stopped. Did you ever get your PlayStation 5?
Nah I'm gonna wait, had a chance to get one last time Walmart dropped some in Canada but I'll wait until I can get one in stores. DId you get an Xbox infinity to the x squared or whatever?

Nah I'm gonna wait, had a chance to get one last time Walmart dropped some in Canada but I'll wait until I can get one in stores. DId you get an Xbox infinity to the x squared or whatever?
Nah. Since I just got my Xbox One X back in the fall of 2019 and in the spring of that year I upgraded my PC, I'm not looking to buy new hardware just yet.

I expect I will snag an Xbox Series X, but probably not for another few years, unless my Xbox One X dies beforehand.

In terms of gaming, I'll just recommend Killer Instinct to you again. Your PC would play it just fine, it's free to play, and Orchid is the free character right now (she's a rushdown character, and pretty simple to pick up). Even though I don't advertise it here on TYM anymore as interest dropped off, I still do my bi-weekly casuals. You'd be most welcome to join.