What's new

Question What moves will Rain have?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Let's hear some predictions! :)

As long as he lifts his hand to summon lightning... I'll be happy. :)

Ankaku

Noob
teleport roundhouse. Decent way of incorperating the old kick into a useful addition to his old moves?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'm not too fussed as long as he doesn't have loads of specials like skarlett does. 3/4 special moves is good enough for a character imo, 5 at max.

Off topic, but I have that design on a tshirt, KOA. :D

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Tornado kick, super round house with a fancy graphic, is on the same counter as NJP bouncing, ex does nothing except grant armor.

Rain ball, Allows control over your opponent, fast but very unsafe, can only be used once in a combo, EX version is a freezing ball, it allows the movement, but once it release's control it freezes the enemy in place so you have extra time to get to them.(EX version probably wouldn't be very useful, but water freezes and it sounds cool w/e)

The lightning popup, its faster then NW's, but its blockable and does no damage or chip, just pops up, EX version is even faster and with great recovery.

Vortex, its a command grab, but it works as a stunning move(net, spear, ice), its unblockable and is techable, he grabs them at close range and then summons a tornado under them and there suspended for a bit, giving a free combo, EX version has armor and has bolts of lightning inside the vortex slowly doing damage over time so if you let them sit in it for like 3 seconds before you start your combo.

Also has a super jump, not a move per say, just a marvel style super jump with lots of wind shooting off him.

X-ray is the same as his tornado command grab, like jax's and kano's, but instead of the tornado he traps them in a giant globe of water, then summons lightning blasting the orb and using the water to make the lightning far more deadly.

Kwon

---->----
Projectiles
A Small and Fast Waterprojectile. Fast but very little damage. (
)

A Larger and Slower Water-Orb (chargable) similar to Reptiles Orb in movement and size (the biggest and slowest one), but instead blue and knocks opponent back instead of juggles.

Hotspring.
A powerful pressure of Hot Water emerges from the ground underneath the enemy, sending him upward, doing miniscule damage but opens up for a Kombo.
Has very short range, not full-screen nor mid-screen range. Can be used in a Kombo-string to prolong the Kombo.

Protection
A Watershield (that absorbs not repels projectiles) covering Rains body, with the same duration as Jade's Ex-Invincibility.
All projectiles fired at Rain during Shield is up empowers him by 10 % per Projectile.
A non-projectile attack will splash the shield on one hit, but will send the opponent back with minimal damage.

Movement
A Glacius-type of teleporting Uppercut.
Rain falls down into a pool of water and emerges from a pool of water with an uppercut next to the enemy.

Offense
A Spinning-Kick (going left to right) that bounces the enemy/juggles. Enabling a Kombo-kontinuation. (
)

A Spinning-Kick (going right to left) that knocksback and sends the opponent flying backwards instead. (
)

X-Ray:
Starts with a lunging spinning-kick where Rain propels himself towards the enemy and ends with a devastating kick.
Block High to avoid this X-Ray.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
kanos ball moves
kanos knives
a forceball
nightwolfs lightning
raidens teleport

complete character.

Ankaku

Noob
He could have a move similar to Noob's blackhole; oppenent falls through puddle and appears infront of Rain. Other than my previous idea, he could simply use "the roundhouse" in his x-ray or in a fatality. He already has two great moves in the lightning bolt and rain blast, no need to make it freeze. But I do like making his L. bolt faster or have better recovry than NW's. Also I think a vortex type move is best left to Fujin when he arrives.

OTG lightning, hell I wish man!

I would love to see a arching waterball. Kind of like how Skarlet throws her bloodball.
Maybe a move where water comes out of the ground kinda like Shang's ground fbs.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
He only needs:

The Mortal Kombat Wiki said:
Mind Control Orb: Rain projects a light-blue sphere at his opponent, which shatters as it hits. A successful hit allows Rain to move his opponent's body in any direction for a brief time.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
THIS IS WHAT RAIN SHOULD BE LIKE
(he shows up at about the 30 second mark)

EXACTLY LIKE THAT, THE COSTUME, HIS WEAPON, HIS VOICE, EVERYTHING

OMG, it's almost too perfect. I hope to God NRS has seen this movie.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
I thought it would be cool if Rain's X Ray was a super super roundhouse. He kicks the opponent in the stomach, breaking ribs, they fly back, Rain coolly turns around and uppercuts the opponent in the jaw as they come around from the other side or something.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
He should totally have that umbrella super that Bang has in BlazBlue!

Fuckin' get on it NRS. I don't want to be disappointed tomorrow... Well, technically today.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Was in a stream recently with a guy *claiming* to have an insider friend at NRS. Says Rain has a move similar to Smoke's shake, lightning move, and some sort of water beam. We'll see if that holds up. I'm pretty split on whether or not I like that shake if it's real (good if I'm using it, bad if not :p)

Red

Noob
kanos ball moves
kanos knives
a forceball
nightwolfs lightning
raidens teleport

complete character.
This guy knows what he wants!
THIS IS WHAT RAIN SHOULD BE LIKE
(he shows up at about the 30 second mark)

EXACTLY LIKE THAT, THE COSTUME, HIS WEAPON, HIS VOICE, EVERYTHING

OMG, it's almost too perfect. I hope to God NRS has seen this movie.
this omfg
ROFLMAO...

this all has made my day...