What's new

What means Shao Kahn's Return for MK11??

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Hello folks, i am new here and this is my first thread to discuss. I am little bit suprised by his return for MK11 because i remember the words in MKX story intro ''as punishment, the elder gods destroyed him''. Destroyed by elder gods but now he has returned. What could be meaning of this? Here is the scenarios and i wonder yours;

- He is just a pre-order bigdaddy bonus and not involved in the story mode (If you know NRS this is the big possibility, remember Darkseid or Goro). I never like wasted character spots on the rosters like this. This is turned into ''guest characters from previous MK or Injustice games'' idea. Rain, Skarlet, Tremor, Goro are perfect examples. Suprisingly they gave story mode parts to Tanya and Bo Rai Cho in MKX.

- He has resurrected by someone else and who could be? Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Oracle or Kronika, and i have to say this name called Onaga.

- His left arm paradoks... Yeah it just looks weird, what it could be? Just a new design, Just a gear design but honestly his left arm looks like tarkatan armed and Onaga handed. Check Onaga's hand design.

- He was added to the roster because of the time bending story.

I personally suspect it’s part of the time bending aspect and Onaga trying to resurrect himself through Shao Kahn, instead of Reptile, but Shao Kahn was able to stop the possession once he regained consciousness.

I do think (hope) he’s part of the MK11 Canon, but it’s all just fun theories at this point.

Espio

Kokomo
If Goro and Darkseid are any indication you can expect to NOT see him play much if ANY role in story mode.

Goro, Shao Kahn and Darkseid are very popular series icon characters that will sell people on preorders.

Given the time bending possibilities of this game, he could have a role in story mode, but I wouldn't expect it or raise my expectations too high on that.