What's new

Question - Ferra/Torr What Me Need Know Become We?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So...out of everyone throughout the roster who's made noise the last week, I have seen and heard damn near nothing at all about little bitty and big schmitty here.
I thoroughly enjoy these two. They're my favorite by far of all the newly invented characters, Ferra is hilarious as all fuck, Torr goes ROAR on a nearly constant basis, everything about then is unique.
Yet it seems like next to no one is messing with them as of now. And this not cool.
Itty Bitty and Muscle Titty need a class of player as vicious and ludicrous as they are, and I need an armored mauling giant so accompany Kenny and the Sub. And since I don't have any interest in Jason or Goro or any other bigs as of now, it's gotta be Skinny Calf and the Mad Cow.
Popcorn Chick and the Big Bucket.
Kooky Kelly and the Not So Sexy Stud.
It goes on and on...
Point is, I want Ferra/Torr as my mauler. What do I need to know?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
But did you try reading any of the other threads in the F/T forum before starting this one? :DOGE
Well duh, silly :p. But I didn't see anything to this effect - a to-the-point, analytical, pros-and-cons discussion about L'il Spaghetti and the Meatball - so it seemed prudent to ask. I could study combos and variation variables all day, but I want to hear from the players themselves what I'm gonna be in for rocking Cheerio and the Big Spoon.

MK Led

Umbasa
Well duh, silly :p. But I didn't see anything to this effect - a to-the-point, analytical, pros-and-cons discussion about L'il Spaghetti and the Meatball - so it seemed prudent to ask. I could study combos and variation variables all day, but I want to hear from the players themselves what I'm gonna be in for rocking Cheerio and the Big Spoon.
Ah I see, I think there are too few of us at the moment for something like that to exist. That or we're all lazy mofos. Do other characters have such things already? the ones I've been following do not.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ah I see, I think there are too few of us at the moment for something like that to exist. That or we're all lazy mofos. Do other characters have such things already? the ones I've been following do not.
I've been trying to gather Kenshi players since launch, but I think we face the same dilemma. It may be a while before masses gather behind Big Milk and the Cookie, but I'm waiting on the PS3 release anyhow, so there's plenty of time to learn.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I will be extremely disappointed in you if you ever use the same names twice.
Don't worry, I thought the same thing so I make sure to reread my lists just to avoid such a mistake :D.

Also: I understand Little Charlie and the Unicorn are supposedly a hard counter to Sub-Zero, which is delightful news.
Now all I need is to hear some good news about Erron Black and Scorpion, and it'll be a lock for Muffin and the Big Brave Toaster.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
So I've been playing them a bit, but I'm having a heck of a time. I played Bane in IGAU, and I like some of the echoes of him I see in them, but it feels like everything they do has so much startup that I'm getting stuffed all the time. I wish we had a few options for armor other than command grab and charge.

Admittedly some of this is because frame data means nothing in 15 frame input lag and I've only gotten to one local.

I really am dissapointed in their anti-air though. Basically to do okay with them you have to keep mid-range and use your great pokes. But a lot of characters have safe advancing stuff that blows through that range, and other players just jump onto me. If anyone has any tips for actually keeping the distance where we can do some harm that'd be awesome.

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
I had to contribute some nicknames because I found this thread far more amusing than I should have:

skim milk and the big cheese, 2% and whole milk, little rodeo and the brahma bull, shorty and the sherman, pocket pistol and 12 gauge, tiny and the tank engine

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This thread makes my heart happy.

Also, omfg @ Tiny and the Tank Engine.
And as a New Yorker, I'm ashamed I didn't think of Biggie Smalls.
Perhaps the Notorious F.&.T. will suffice.

I've played enough Noob and Bane to be okay with a mid-range poke war game (HAH, Little Gumby and Big Pokey, there ya go), and seeing as I'm playing pretty much a whole slew of defensive characters, that sounds fine to me. Hopefully the evolution of the game will give Wheel and the Legsman more options to hold up the fort.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
F.&.T looks like F.A.T... you have redeemed yourself of not thinking of Biggie Smalls first haha.
If I had a damned laptop I'd make an Obama-Hope-color-schemed poster of the two of them with "NOTORRIOUS" across the bottom.
Or a GIF from the "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" vid with the superimposed head of Torr, Ferra and Reptile on Biggie, Diddy and Mase.

Also, if we're gonna go down the hip-hop road about it:
-Ferraekwon the Chef and Maskface Killah.
-Torr B. And Ferrakim.
-DJ Stabby Steff and The Fresh Prince Of Can't Jump Very High In The Air.
-50 Centimeters and 'Roid Banks.

Or for those of you from the younger generation...
-Pricky Minaj and Cake.
-Birdgirl and Not Even Slightly L'il Wayne.
-Ferrarrell and Robin Really Thicke.

This could go on for years...

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I mean, right now Kung Lao is showing us he's got great mobility, zoning, and can deal damage on par with these 2 with a little meter burn. It's early too tell, but right now you should be concerned in the lack of anything "wow" coming out for them. No, they're not sleepers. That doesn't exist anymore in the modern day... beyond a month... or 2...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I mean, right now Kung Lao is showing us he's got great mobility, zoning, and can deal damage on par with these 2 with a little meter burn. It's early too tell, but right now you should be concerned in the lack of anything "wow" coming out for them. No, they're not sleepers. That doesn't exist anymore in the modern day... beyond a month... or 2...
Valid point. But I've see enough KL in my life, ESPECIALLY after MK9, to know that even if he ends up top tier again, he giveth me no boner. It's the character himself that's just too meh for me to take up arms with anymore.

Now, Sammy and the Bull? Ferrito Pequeño and Tora the Explorer? They, IMO, are just the right balance of brand new and entertainment value to strike me like a gore through a matador.

Juffalo

Noob
If I had a damned laptop I'd make an Obama-Hope-color-schemed poster of the two of them with "NOTORRIOUS" across the bottom.
Or a GIF from the "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" vid with the superimposed head of Torr, Ferra and Reptile on Biggie, Diddy and Mase.

Also, if we're gonna go down the hip-hop road about it:
-Ferraekwon the Chef and Maskface Killah.
-Torr B. And Ferrakim.
-DJ Stabby Steff and The Fresh Prince Of Can't Jump Very High In The Air.
-50 Centimeters and 'Roid Banks.

Or for those of you from the younger generation...
-Pricky Minaj and Cake.
-Birdgirl and Not Even Slightly L'il Wayne.
-Ferrarrell and Robin Really Thicke.

This could go on for years...
I'm now convinced you made this thread just so you could make up different names for F/T