What's new

What makes someone good at UMK3?

Shock said:
Playing since day 1 never hurts.
I got this for Christmas for my DS, and I have pretty much been playing every day, just not online all the time.

As to six months of getting raped... I already have about a week and a half of getting raped online.

Summery: I need to play online a lot more.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This goes for any and all fighters(MK especially from my experience in all MK's)

-Get better by practicing lots and losing to better players, learning from it and doing better next time

-Adapting to your foes patterns and tactics

-Outwit your foe

-Anticipate what's coming and counter it

-Force your opponent to play "your game" and you'll have that instand edge in battle:wink:

IMHO.

Its different for EVERYONE, I mean. Look, everyone follows the same shit (Run-jabs, aaHP punishers ect). What i personally think is this.

Thinking. Just THINK, This game is fucking easy, theres nothing "tough" to pull off with enough practice, you GOTTA train your mind to act. It takes me less then 1 match to fully understand someones strategy or gameplay, Learn what works and USE it. A lot of of things i've picked up on this game is because not only did I practice things and timing, but because I trained my mind to pick up things and react to them.

When i rush people into corners, I occasionally DUCK. Why duck? well people for some reason LOVE to jump out of the corner, BOOM easy uppercut.

When people play kabal and I get them into danger, they ussaly do his spin dash thing right when that DING goes off. Its just thinking, the games 1/2 Technical skill and 1/2 Thought. (I think mostly thought tho lol)

LI Maverick said:
IMHO.

Its different for EVERYONE, I mean. Look, everyone follows the same shit (Run-jabs, aaHP punishers ect). What i personally think is this.

Thinking. Just THINK, This game is fucking easy, theres nothing "tough" to pull off with enough practice, you GOTTA train your mind to act. It takes me less then 1 match to fully understand someones strategy or gameplay, Learn what works and USE it. A lot of of things i've picked up on this game is because not only did I practice things and timing, but because I trained my mind to pick up things and react to them.

When i rush people into corners, I occasionally DUCK. Why duck? well people for some reason LOVE to jump out of the corner, BOOM easy uppercut.

When people play kabal and I get them into danger, they ussaly do his spin dash thing right when that DING goes off. Its just thinking, the games 1/2 Technical skill and 1/2 Thought. (I think mostly thought tho lol)
That's how every fighting game is. Reading your opponent and knowing them.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Everything in this thread is valulable and important and I agree with it, except attempting to shoot down Shock as a defense mechanism.

lex said:
mental agility
creativity
adaptability
having no mind
Lex why don't you play with stick on XBL? There are some people with out delay. ALot of people from this site have no delay. Want to see you face the new good players :wink:

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
Phoenix said:
lex said:
mental agility
creativity
adaptability
having no mind
Lex why don't you play with stick on XBL? There are some people with out delay. ALot of people from this site have no delay. Want to see you face the new good players :wink:
because lag sucks

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
yep i know ive experienced enough "I BLOCKED THAT" situations to swear it off.

questions???

How do you get experience? I am new to this site and was refered by a friend to get better at the older games. But I don't know where to go to fight. I have all the MK games, except UMK for Nds yet. I can beat MK1 but the rest (through 4) I suck bigtime. My friend said to come here. So if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. :)

dubson

Noob
Re: questions???

finalfreak1 said:
How do you get experience? I am new to this site and was refered by a friend to get better at the older games. But I don't know where to go to fight. I have all the MK games, except UMK for Nds yet. I can beat MK1 but the rest (through 4) I suck bigtime. My friend said to come here. So if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. :)
The best way for you to get experience?

Play Online and play good people.

Ultimate MK3 is online with Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Kaillera.
Mortal Kombat 2 is online with Playstation 3 and Kaillera.
The only way for you to play Mortal Kombat 1 online is with Kaillera.

Get a video game system or you can download mame (arcade emulator) and try to find people to play with.

I got some suggestions, but im not sure if this work for everybody so here is:

1- Play STEP MANIA or Dance Dance Revolution in PC (for example) to be better with your right hand (the hand which push the buttons) as fast as you can play or win in this game in the hard songs you can see after you play that you can take more control of your right hand then practice combos of: Sheeva (Complete Chain, Hp, Hp, LP,Hk, Hk, Lk, B+Hk), Lui Kang: Hp, Hp, Bl, Lk, Lk, Hk, Lk. Kung Lao: Hp, Lp, Hp, Lp, Lk, Lk, Hk. the hard one: Jax: Hk, Hk, D+Hp, Hp, Lp, B+Hp.

2- For the Left Hand use this configuration in the STEPMANIA:

Left Handed: W=UP Arrow - S= Down Arrow - A= Left Arrow D= Right Arrow
Right Handed: in the alphanumeric board: 8= Up Arrow - 2= Down Arrow - 4= Left Arrow - 6= Right Arrow.

This will help you to sincronize with your hands

When you can complete this make sure to choose your main char (don´t care if is a hard char or not, the thing if you feel confortable with that char).

Then play against CPU. Beat the game with some chars

now you´re ready to match, to know more about how to match there are some match videos on you tube, the match videos section.

there are some names you can write in Youtube to watch some matchs like: RZP, Hanzo_Hasashi, Ded_, Shock, Lexhibition, Konqrr and some more.

I hope this help you to be ready in UMK3:D

Don't be a pussy. :D

J/k, You have to find it out yourself, I thought match videos would help me but playing alot and against good people works! I guess....

Oh and, a good keyboard/stick/pad/ETC works.

Thanks rzp, I'm great with hand eye coodination and can push sequential buttons fast, some times faster than the cpu can recognize. But I'll try your combos, don't know if they'll work, because I have MK1-UMK on Sega Genesis, in which the high/low buttons are are the same buttons. :)

finalfreak1 said:
Thanks rzp, I'm great with hand eye coodination and can push sequential buttons fast, some times faster than the cpu can recognize. But I'll try your combos, don't know if they'll work, because I have MK1-UMK on Sega Genesis, in which the high/low buttons are are the same buttons. :)
You´re Welcome Dude..! but hey! download the mame version of UMK3 and practice hard:)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Re: questions???

finalfreak1 said:
Hey FinalFreak what's up dude? Glad you came here man, this is mkflegend from MKO aka MKF30 8)

If you have a DS play me in UMK3 dude, I can give you some pointers on Sektor, Cyrax and Ermac. Those are characters I use a lot online :wink: so I'd be happy to help out a friend man. Have fun here man!