What's new

What Kind Of (Fighting Game) Player Are YOU?

What Kind Of Player are you?

• "The Button Masher"

• "The Troll"

• "the Completionist"

• "The Bear"

• "The sniper"

• "The Rage-Quitter"

• "The Pro"

• "The Casual Beast"

• "The Combo King"

• "MadMax"

• "ZEN"

• "Punisher"

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
  • "The Button Masher"- Ah, The Button masher. The ONLY thing scarier than your average Pro!
They think every game is Smash Bros. and they most often have no Idea what they are doing!...And yet they SOMEHOW always Win Because the randomness.
Other names Include: "The Casual player" or "The Parent/Family member who doesn't really care"
Admit it, We were all a button masher in our first FIGHTER
  • "The Bear"- You Don't Care About Combos You probably don't even Use Proper Grapplers, I bet you just grab. ALL THE TIME!
    You root for the Killers in a slasher-film, Your favorite story Is Goldilocks And you probably love hugs!
  • "The Sniper" -You Play Call of duty and Halo. You are Not a social person!
  • "The RAGE Quitter"- You quit if You misread, If you accidentally press one button and whiff, You quit because of "Poor Wifi"! Need I go On?
Thanks For the Win!

• "The Troll"- by The ELDER GODS I Hate Playing You!
These folks don't care about the win, Nor do the look at the move-list. Hell they Probably only pick random! all they care about is ruining YOUR day...Or they just want a good laugh

• "The completionist"- You Don't care about being good At the Game...You just NEED that Skin! Your Probably a Fashion Designer
  • "The Pro"- You Analyze Every Frame, You spend 99% of your time in Practice mode, And You Probably are A TOXIC MUTHAF(#$&(#

• "The Casual Beast"- You would Be a Pro, You just don't have the time! (Or play too many other games) whenever you are invited to a party, you dominate the game, whether it be:
    HALO/cod, Smash Bros, Or Mk/Ki/Tekken(or any fighter)
  • "The COMBO King !"-You ALWAYS pick a rush-down based Character too spend hours in training with, to learn a single combo ONLY too Take away 1/3 of a life bar. at-least it is flashy!

• "MadMax"-All you care about Is being in your opponents face. you don't care about tech or combo, first hit is the winning move for you

• "PUNISHER"-You Play the footsies game of patience and almost always wait for the opponent to strike and miss, in order to secure damage on them. YOU probably Watched Marvels Punisher, and Love Happy Feet!(movie about dancing penguins)
  • "Zen"-Your go to character has a counter move and that is all you do..."Stop Hitting yourself!"

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
It really depends on what fighter I Play, In Mortal Kombat, I am Both:
button masher And Casual beast

In Games like smash Bros/ Killer instinct/ soul Cal 6 I am a:
MADMAX

I am by no means close to pro level (except KI)
But I am good enough to teach friends advanced tactics ect.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I was kind of thinking this was going to be one of those magazine style "answer these 20 multiple choice questions" type of thing. My answer to every question is A. Don't care, just mash.

Iconic Horror

Behold The Kingdom Of The Wretched Undying
I just like insane rushdown whether it be a grappling character, a heavy hitter, a frame trap monster, etc. I just like mauling players in the corner with so much rushdown they can't deal. If I had to give my playstyle a name it would probably be Madman/Rushdown intensive.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I just like insane rushdown whether it be a grappling character, a heavy hitter, a frame trap monster, etc. I just like mauling players in the corner with so much rushdown they can't deal. If I had to give my playstyle a name it would probably be Madman/Rushdown intensive.
Added an option for that! (Madmax)

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I dont like it when the opponent gets to play. As such, I love projectiles, block staggers, traps, long range pokes, and grabs (aka "the most annoying person to fight" per @Evantabes ). Unsure which of the options fits me.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I dont like it when the opponent gets to play. As such, I love projectiles, block staggers, traps, long range pokes, and grabs (aka "the most annoying person to fight" per @Evantabes ). Unsure which of the options fits me.
Probably MadMax, as that one is where you "act like a fly" to your opponent

Zviko

Noob
I think I'm a hybrid between The Completionist and The Casual Beast and maybe even some Pro because I spend quite some time in the lab when I learn a new character and usually lab the thing I lost to right after. Also when I watch someone else I might think of something that could work for my character and then I lab it etc. But I'm definitely a bit of completionist because I won't even go online until I have all the possible brutalites and at least a decent skin.

Art Lean

Noob
Definitely The Completionist!

I don't even have a clue what most of you are talking about in most of your conversations haha "Using Jarek's D1 you can B1 into a J4 with 3+ KB which'll whiff the poke giving 50/50 into a K4 frame punish on a footsie G2".... literally have no idea what that type of thing means, it's quite simply another language to me! :confused:

But being able to unlock Skarlet's thighs, have Shao Kahn as an undead Shogun, get Cassie out of a stupid space suit and into aerobics wear, unlocking old school outfits from the original trilogy, or choose what sexy boots Sindel will wear whilst filling your internal organs with hair, well what can I say, I utterly love it!

I never care to fight another human being on it, I'm far more than happy just with a great story mode and making the little fighty people in my TV look fabulous (and often unmaking 28 years of character development). It annoys me so much some of the random things the CPU slaps together in towers, I'm thinking "OMG seriously that just does not "go"! What were you thinking when you left the house today?" as they walk into the arena.... and don't even get me started on mixing their metals, there's ways to wear gold and silver together but dear me, some of these costume combinations are just fashion disasters.

It's why I do actually post on https://www.reddit.com/r/KombatFashion/ and not ashamed to admit it haha.

I also can happily watch an hour and a half of fabulous MK11 fashion critiques (and wish there was an updated one to account for more recent DLC costumes):

In Mortal Kombat I like killing people horifically... and looking incredible doing it. :cool:

I play Cetrion. And never zone with her ( I legit forgot about her low boulder projectile ). All I wanna do is be all up in your grill and put in work. So I guess the most suitable option for me is Mad Max

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Where’s the “fundamentally patient mind games” player option?

This player relies on fundamentals and footsies. They conditions their opponent into playing their game. They purposely slow the game down so that gimmicks are ineffective, so it boils down to a game of fundamentals and mind games.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I am a mixture of several of those things, but if I have to go with just one, it will defiantly be the completionist, because that's what I've done for the far majority of my fighting game life. Now of course I'm trying as far as I can to strengthen all of the other areas :x

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Where’s the “fundamentally patient mind games” player option?

This player relies on fundamentals and footsies. They conditions their opponent into playing their game. They purposely slow the game down so that gimmicks are ineffective, so it boils down to a game of fundamentals and mind games.
I was just gonna say these options suck and there's a lot more than listed. Could have been a much better thread

I’m a troll at this point. These new fighting games are asscheeks. When I play it’s specifically to ruin others experience online. I play on WiFi even though my router is on my desk with a perfectly fine Ethernet cable. I fatality and teabag whenever I win. I just don’t care anymore lol.

I relate most to The Punisher. I play Buluc Kotal for the most part and I've gotten multiple pieces of hatemail recently because I try to create space to get totems up then hit someone jumping in or whiff punishing with b22. Daredevil season 2 was far and away the best season because of Frank Castle