What's new

Question What kind of buffs would you like to see in the next patch?

What kind of buffs would you like to see in the next patch?

• Better recovery on machine gun

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Faster start up on super move

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Faster start up on trait

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • More hit stun on sword spin

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The allegedly last patch is coming soon. Almost all low and mid tier character forums are asking for some kind of buffs for their respective characters. Deathstroke has received a devastating "normalization" to the low gunshot, his best move. Nonetheless, he remains a solid mid tier character because of his versatility. However, characters like Black Adam and Superman have received minimal changes and the DLC characters are seemingly getting better and better, which has been frustrating to observe.

So what would kind of buff would Deathstroke players like to see for Deathstroke? Better recovery on machine gun? More hit stun on sword spin? Faster start up on super move? Faster start up on trait? Something else?

My opinion and brief analysis.

Better recovery on machine gun? The most appropriate buff in my opinion considering the move's slow start up and chip damage. Would slightly improve his zoning game.

More hit stun on sword spin? Tony-T 's wish. From what I understand, sword spin used to provide safe jumps. Would improve his rush down and 50/50 mix up game, which is already adequately efficient for a hybrid zoning character.

Faster start up on super move? An interesting but inconsequential buff in my opinion. Would not hurt but would not help too much either.

Faster start up on trait? A poorly designed trait that is very difficult to balance properly because of its "all or nothing" aspect. I would revamp the trait to increase Deathstroke's chip damage on all firearms, but doing so is probably too late in the game now.

What do you think?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I voted faster trait start up, but now that I think about, more hit stun on sword spin would be nice too.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Of the stuff listed there, sword spin hit stun by far. Getting one or two more frames on block would be nice, too.

I'd like five frames back on low shots block more than anything, and a slight boost to his meter gain after that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'd like five frames back on low shots block more than anything, and a slight boost to his meter gain after that.
Not going to happen, so I did not even bother mentioning low gunshots.

The fairest and most reasonable buff to his zoning would be to decrease the recovery frames on the machine gun. This move is very slow and does insignificant chip damage. The move is entirely useless the way it is now.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
I don't play Slade but he should probably have a trait that actually has some use.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't play Slade but he should probably have a trait that actually has some use.
How do you balance the trait? You can either fire unblockable bullets at your opponent or you cannot.

The unblockable aspect is a poor design. How about faster start up but slightly more damage on the firearms? More chip damage? Less recovery? Push back on block?

They could have implemented ten other ideas that would have made some sense and been balanced. Instead, they come up with the worst one.

Crathen

Death is my business
If he gets 20 frames off trait recovery then that's all he needs , his zoning could be setted up to be unblockable for a short amount of time and while probably it's going to be overpowered i don't care anymore even then he's one of the few characters that get drawbacks from using his trait , top tiers get really dumb traits , make his one of them if theirs don't get normalized.

Personally i've always wanted a reworked trait , my first thought was cut the activation recovery time down to 30 frames and make his next gunshot / machine gun that connects unblockable and make it have 12 seconds of cooldown but with no debuff ( always whiffing ) on gunshots / MG , that would be a more balanced version of the unblockable trait.

Another version that i thinked of was a simple damage and chip buff ( with better meter gain ) on gunshot , quickfire/lgs/air gunshot / Machine Gun dealing 4% per bullet on hit ( total 24% on MB version ) , and chip damage doubled so back to pre-patch chip , this should have a duration of 8 seconds and 10 seconds cooldown but the startup should be at max 15 frames.

Basically i want a smart usable trait but not overpowered , i'll take whatever NRS want it to be.

Super buff would be useless , we already need meter for our zoning to be safer , for MB f3 and for EX quickfires punishes , although i wouldn't mind it being faster on startup in order to actually make it have some use.

Machine gun with better recovery on block?Seems like a meh buff imho , best use of MG is to cover space but lgs and quickfire still are pretty similar in recovery and do more chip / build more meter / start up faster , only ok buff i could see on MG is the granade in the MB version not whiff on crouch block at midrange to have a way to push people back on block.

Sword Spin to give a safejump... meh i hate standing 50/50 loops and we'd end up creating just another safe Batgirl , just dumb imho , tho it would shoot him up to S tier no doubt.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Machine gun with better recovery on block?Seems like a meh buff imho , best use of MG is to cover space but lgs and quickfire still are pretty similar in recovery and do more chip / build more meter / start up faster , only ok buff i could see on MG is the granade in the MB version not whiff on crouch block at midrange to have a way to push people back on block.
I am talking about a significant recovery decrease akin to MB low gunshots (around -18 on block or less).

You acquire a safer version of low gunshots, but you sacrifice speed and chip damage, which would somewhat help in the current bad match ups.

I do like your idea about the MB machine gun.

Crathen

Death is my business
I am talking about a significant recovery decrease akin to MB low gunshots (around -18 on block or less).

You acquire a safer version of low gunshots, but you sacrifice speed and chip damage, which would somewhat help in the current bad match ups.

I do like your idea about the MB machine gun.
It would be actually useful if it was - frames enough to bring back anti dash setups on block fullscreen , but i can see that creating loopsided matchups to characters with bad mobility.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Primarily I would like to see a buff to his backdash or backwalk speed. Some of his attacks have significant push back and you could actually make the opponent whiff attacks.

It seems like every other character is miles ahead of his dash and walk speeds so I don't see it making his zoning much better.

If that's too far-fetched the best choice on the list is more hitstun on swordspin, by far.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Feck, buff his combo damage. Him only getting 37% for that much work? Madness, give him 42% for that much work.

Crathen

Death is my business
Yeah a better backdash would be cool , not more travelling distance tho , just a few frames off recovery ( around 3-4 less frames ) , but in reality he doesn't need it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I do like Crathen's Idea of Assault Rifle getting a chip damage buff...that and less recovery on the same move as well. That move needs a reason to exist.

Buffing Super does nothing to help his overall game. You're going to be burning meter to do some of your damage from far away.

I've cut my losses on trying to improve trait. They make it recover quicker and this may turn into a problem.

As far as Sword Spin...I doubt this is going to get buffed back...just like Low guns.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I just wish he had a more useful trait. Even an extremely slight buff to the trait start-up time would make his trait occasionally applicable to a real match . . . and that would be much appreciated.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Free 50/50 on spin plz. That way you can choose which ender you want for what purpose.

Flip for a HKD oki setups and long distance carrying combos (to corner the opponent)
Spin for a free midscreen 50/50

It's not broken if Batgirl and Green Arrow can do it regularly for no meter.