What's new

What Joker changes do you guys want to see?

Th4tDrewDude

Obscure AF Joker Player
Joker is in a rough spot right now and certainly needs some changes.

Personally, I want him to play the same, I enjoy his traps and setups, I just think it needs to be much more rewarding for playing such a difficult character.

If I could make any changes the first thing I'd change is giving him some form of wakeup attack. The only moves I can sometimes get away with are the joybuzzer and the meter burned pistol shot, but both are incredibly unsafe, thus I often struggle with players who like rushdown. The second change I'd make is a rework to his trait. Maybe it could buff some of his moves rather than movement speed, and make his base movement speed that of 1 "ha"? I'm not 100% sure on what it could be instead, but the trait definitely needs to change in some way.

But what I want to hear is what changes you guys would make, I'm all ears :]

Trait needs to be different. I don't care what just make it useful.

He desperately needs a better wake-up. Crowbar invincibility frames are ok I guess but really he needs a completely different move.

He needs the gap in 32--Special removed or at least shortened so every character can't just d2 out of it.

Faster start up on canisters would be nice.

It's too late to give him an advancing mid but at least maybe fix his whiffing issues on normals.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Weird issue with 21xxrolling gas. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't combo.

Also if I parry and teeth hit, Joker should get a follow up instead of the current double knockdown.

Whiffing issues in his "mids" fixed.

Don't need this / Troll Buff --
And trait level 2 makes all his moves/normals/strings come out a frame or two faster, level three don't have to spend meter for gas cans to launch. Now that trait may be OD lol. --

Th4tDrewDude

Obscure AF Joker Player
Give him Acid Flower back
Make 21 string up to +4 instead of +2 on block
Make Crowbar up to -1 instead of -9 on block
Make his J2 a lil bit better

I already know he is most likely gonna stay the same throughout the entire game's lifespan as NRS have already proven that they don't give a fuck about the character.
It's a shame too, he's such a fun character :'[

Th4tDrewDude

Obscure AF Joker Player
Weird issue with 21xxrolling gas. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't combo.

Also if I parry and teeth hit, Joker should get a follow up instead of the current double knockdown.

Whiffing issues in his "mids" fixed.

Don't need this / Troll Buff --
And trait level 2 makes all his moves/normals/strings come out a frame or two faster, level three don't have to spend meter for gas cans to launch. Now that trait may be OD lol. --
Damn I really like that trait idea

Th4tDrewDude

Obscure AF Joker Player
Trait needs to be different. I don't care what just make it useful.

He desperately needs a better wake-up. Crowbar invincibility frames are ok I guess but really he needs a completely different move.

He needs the gap in 32--Special removed or at least shortened so every character can't just d2 out of it.

Faster start up on canisters would be nice.

It's too late to give him an advancing mid but at least maybe fix his whiffing issues on normals.
I 100% agree

wh

I already know he is most likely gonna stay the same throughout the entire game's lifespan as NRS have already proven that they don't give a fuck about the character.
what can punish crowbar? i was doing some light testing sometime ago and i couldnt find exactly what can punish crowbar because of the pushback. Unless its superrrr tight then it being negative is fine in my eyes

Skedar70

Noob

But you do soo good with him. You sure he needs help?

wh

what can punish crowbar? i was doing some light testing sometime ago and i couldnt find exactly what can punish crowbar because of the pushback. Unless its superrrr tight then it being negative is fine in my eyes
Supes and bladam can punish it with f2 (I think thats bladams advancing string) but it does seem kinda tight thou

definitely think joker does not need an advancing IMO j3 d2 are already really good sure d2 could be a little better but i feel even thats pushing it. all i want is some strings fixed and sped up a bit. canisters startup sped up a bit because OH can being 40-something frames for what it does seems unreasonable and lastly mb gunshot to be a mid so d1 gunshot could work. having a 6f punisher is od

edit: AND FIX THAT FUCKING J2

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
Hmmm been thinking

Midexgun different animation
D1 different hit animation
Get acidflower back
F2 slightly further reaching, ever so slightly
Exparry to follow up like canary
Better j2,More consistent
Heath ledger skin 100%