What's new

What It Would Take For Me To Personally Change My Mind On MK11

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

Hey guys. I've been MIA for some time, I stopped playing this game awhile ago, haven't played it really since the day the Ultimate patch dropped. However, I've always heard people say or it's been said to me directly that I am literally impossible to satisfy or would always find fault with this game. Not only do I think this is a really intellectually dishonest and disingenuous perspective, I also do not think anybody actually takes a stance like this and does it in real life. It's just an easy image to try to demonize and "other" somebody for a contrary opinion.

I made this video for fun, but also to outline what on a universal level MK11 would have to have done to it for me to want to play it. I wasn't planning on sharing the video here since I get it people dislike me on a personal level cause I don't like the newest NRS video game etc, but I do know a lot of people none the less share a lot of sentiments I do about the game. I do not address character specific balance here, as I believe MK11 is still lacking on a fundamentals/system level. This video is about nothing but system changes.

Anyways, discuss. I try to be as concise here as I can. In this video I address...

Kustoms, the Fatal Blow minigame, anti airs, D2 KB's, throw KB's, jumps, fatal blows, movement and pokes.

Now I haven't played as many games as some people have. I certainly don't play at a high level. But in the 5000ish matches I have played, I don't think I've ever once thought 'I would have lived had the FB damage boost not existed.' It's goofy and unnecessary, sure...but I don't think it's a fundamental, core issue with the game.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Now I haven't played as many games as some people have. I certainly don't play at a high level. But in the 5000ish matches I have played, I don't think I've ever once thought 'I would have lived had the FB damage boost not existed.' It's goofy and unnecessary, sure...but I don't think it's a fundamental, core issue with the game.
Eh, idk. I'm right with ya in terms of competition and games played and I can count multiple multiple times when a 3rd round came down to a tiny tiny sliver of health being the difference.

That is fair, I am sure if I really analyzed my games and certain wins and losses I could find some examples. Just off the top of my head it seemed like a non-issue.

Maybe it would be like throws and i would only really notice it once it was changed. I thought 1% off of throws would change nothing but I've already been saved (and lost) because of it dozens of times.