What's new

What is your ranked W/L record? Is it a good reflection of your skills?

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
In ranked im a little over .500. With like 12 games played in kasual I have goffed off a lot but 378/398. /Shrug

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
So I think my stats are broken. When I’m in a lobby, it says 84/94. But on the challenge screen, it says 84/75. Wtf?

Also I remember on my Kombat Kard, I had online matches listed before I ever even played online. I wonder if something carried over from the beta.

If you're good, your W/L ratio should be around 50%. If it's a lot higher than that, it would be more a reflection of issues with the matchmaking system than it would be a reflection of your skill level.

If you're good, your W/L ratio should be around 50%. If it's a lot higher than that, it would be more a reflection of issues with the matchmaking system than it would be a reflection of your skill level.
Nah, nothing to do with how "good" you are. If you play enough matches, you will eventually be at 50% W/L, no matter your skill level. That how ELO based (or any skill-based) matchmaking works.

If you have high W/L ratio, it means you haven't yet reached your skill group. Doesn't mean you're a good player, it just means you're better than who you faced so far. Once you reach the skill group you belong to (which you'll know by the fact that you start losing as much as you're winning), your W/L ratio will inevitably fall to 50%, unless you just stop playing completely. Doesn't matter if it's SonicFox or a random casual warrior who can't string a combo together, they'll both have 50% W/L eventually.