What's new

Discussion What is YOUR character's best MU?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Phrases such as "MKX doesn't have any TERRIBLE MU's", get thrown around a lot on TYM nowadays. Well, people, I don't believe you!

This thread will be to discuss some of the most lopsided matchups in the game. But we're focusing on characters that your main bodies as opposed to characters who body your main, this way we might see a bit of a different perspective and ensure salt definitely gets left out of the equation.

I'll start:

Quan Chi (Summoner) vs Bo Rai Cho (Any Variation) / 8-2 (Possible 9-1)

The best zoner in the game versus the worst mobility in the game. Damn is this fun for Quan, he gets to zone, zone and finally, zone. Just zoning for days and Bo has to just edge forward slowly in all variations. When he gets close enough he can use his advancing belly flop move but Quan can armor break that on a read if he has bat out and send him straight back to full screen.

And if Bo does get in his buttons are pretty bad so Quan can still play the game. With most characters when they get in Quan is in a bit of trouble due to his meh buttons but that isn't an issue here. Quan's B1, B2, D3 and iANJP all control space very well versus Bo. This issue isn't as prevalent with Bartitsu, but does still exist.

Finally, Bo's only redeeming factor versus most is his corner setplay. However, Summoners set play is also so strong that all it takes is 1 right read then Bo is stuck in Quan's ballshit and his only advantage has gone. Bo's armor also isn't too great as a whole which means Quan can get cheeky and go for some real dirty stuff for higher damage. Not only this, but Quan dominates the midscreen game so much that Bo will probably never even be able to take you there anyway.

Discuss your main's best MUs below!

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Kano vs High tech Jacqui
d3 d4 d3 d4 d3 d4 d4 d3 d3 d4 is a block infinite. She can't counterpoke.
"you deserve to lose if you get cornered by High Tech"
But even when Kano is cornered, there are still issues for HT. First her s1 whiffs on crouch blocking, her jailing pressure is actually armorable. Secondly she can't do much about his ex upball

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
IMO Demolition vs Summoner, Grandmaster, Kenshi and Bo rai cho are her best MUs.

But my favorite is Demo vs Grandmaster.

- Grenades go through clone.
- Sub-zero can't just knock her down in the corner and put an ice clone when she has at least two grenades cuz bake 'n' wake doesn't care about clone.
- EX reload doesn't care about clone either. It shuts everything down. In a nutshell, she doesn't allow Sub-zero to have an ice clone on screen, having grenades or not.

Demo vs Summoner is also pretty interesting. He can zone, but once she gets in, she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants. I've heard this is his worst MU.

IMO Demolition vs Summoner, Grandmaster, Kenshi and Bo rai cho are her best MUs.

- Sub-zero can't just knock her down in the corner and put an ice clone when she has at least two grenades cuz bake 'n' wake doesn't care about clone.
- EX reload doesn't care about clone either. It shuts everything down. In a nutshell, she doesn't allow Sub-zero to have an ice clone on screen, having grenades or not.

Demo vs Summoner is also pretty interesting. He can zone, but once she gets in, she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants. I've heard this is his worst MU.
demo players are masters of neutral along with alien

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

In the limited experience I have, Demo feels like a tough match up for Summoner for sure. I feel it just can't be on the levels of Quan vs Bo though.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
For Dvorah it Was Grandmaster lol. Cassie im not sure. I just picked her up. Maybe a seasoned Cassie can post it

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
shaolin's best matchup is probably grandmaster. I also think shaolin does very well against all cassie variations.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Blood god vs KL, especially Hat trick and buzzsaw. KL uses meter, gets around 15% or less dmg and I gain meter when I have totem up. They can't open me up they throw. Il eat it and enjoy it, 6% for them, almost full bar to me. I ALLWAYS have at least 1bar again KL. Very enjoyable MU

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
High Tech Jacqui
I was just thinking about this and could you elaborate a bit? Not even trolling.

I can see it being bad but how is it worse than someone like Liu or even Cage? They can't punish clone cancels or keep it in check without meter sure, but when they get in they all have very similar offense and pressure options and when they're cornered they have to spend meter to even have a chance of getting through clone. What pushes HT over the edge?

HanSolo

Noob
For me as BS Shinnok I would say Cassie or Sonya. They're both great characters but they have a hard time getting through the zoning.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

Definitely agree lol I've been saying this for awhile but now I have to hear "oh but michaelangelo beat scar so it's not that bad git gud"

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was just thinking about this and could you elaborate a bit? Not even trolling.

I can see it being bad but how is it worse than someone like Liu or even Cage? They can't punish clone cancels or keep it in check without meter sure, but when they get in they all have very similar offense and pressure options and when they're cornered they have to spend meter to even have a chance of getting through clone. What pushes HT over the edge?
Cage in Stunt Double isn't winning for Sub at all imo. Liu can check with low fireball at a distance. If Sub gets a life lead vs HT he had no reason not to bitch out behind a clone with nothing to fear. Kind of like her daddy Jax in that meterless options around the clone don't exist really, and metered options aren't great either.