What's new

What is this Tom drama... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is all of this Tom drama on twitter about... anyone know?
Ahhh I was wondering why nobody was bringing it up, someone correct me if I’m wrong some where. I’ve been following this so, Tom took donations to go to nec, claimed to have gone to the place but never actually competed, even posted an Uber receipt. But sonic fox and coach Steve actually revealed that he doctored the receipt and he didn’t go anywhere so in actuallity he pocketed the money and didn’t go to any tourney. He’s done this before in the past apparently but it seems this is the biggest backlash from it. He even deleted his Twitter

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
According to Assistant Attorney General Mclean and Detective Steve, forgery of travel documents and perjury. He was indicted yesterday in front of the Grand jury. So in lamens terms he took money to go to last major and didn't go and Sonic and Coach Steve among others called him out on it. Some of the tweets had some colorful things to say.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Not really surprised at all. He tries to come off as this good guy, but many have spoken to the contrary. People have tried to introduce themselves to him at majors and he just gives them the cold shoulder. Regrettably, I actually donated money to him at one point a few years back. I'll never get my money back, but at least I have my integrity. Tom has always been a shady individual and he's finally getting called out on it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Here’s the full summary:

Basically Tom has been taking donations from people for events he didn’t go to for two years. Hundreds to maybe a couple grand at least.

And he had a joint stream with REO, and when the back streaming revenue was released into Tom’s account later on, he didn’t share a penny of it with REO.

And he messaged Mr. Aquaman to try to get him to forge proof of being at tournaments he didn’t attend.

The last straw was when he took donations for ECT, didn’t show, said he’d use the money for NEC and collected additional donations for it on top, then no-showed NEC, and when Pig/Sonic/Coach Steve and others confronted him, he photoshopped a fake Uber receipt and went on a rant to justify the lies until they were exposed.

Last edited:
So aquaman knew he was a scammer all this time but did not inform the public but NOW he wants to cry "Fucking stop lying to everyone". He is trash too along with anybody that knew. Tom brings the entertainment tho. That whole stream was better than NEC and that's the problem with the NRS scene

DeftMonk

Noob
Here’s the full summary:

Basically Tom has been taking donations from people for events he didn’t go to for two years. Hundreds to maybe a couple grand at least.

And he had a joint stream with REO, and when the back streaming revenue was released into Tom’s account later on, he didn’t share a penny of it with REO.

And he messaged Mr. Aquaman to try to get him to forge proof of being at tournaments he didn’t attend.

The last straw was when he took donations for ECT, didn’t show, said he’d use the money for NEC and collected additional donations for it on top, then no-showed NEC, and when Pig/Sonic/Coach Steve and others confronted him, he photoshopped a fake Uber receipt and went on a rant to justify the lies until they were exposed.
This post.... its almost like something out of a bad comedy. The real funny part is if Tom Brady made a post that said "HEY TYM HERES WHAT I THINK OF MK11 AT THIS POINT" even after he did all the above...would still be greated with a more positive response than Cherney Volk (who has stole no one's money and photoshopped 0 uber reciepts) would if he made the same post...for the 15th time.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
This post.... its almost like something out of a bad comedy. The real funny part is if Tom Brady made a post that said "HEY TYM HERES WHAT I THINK OF MK11 AT THIS POINT" even after he did all the above...would still be greated with a more positive response than Cherney Volk (who has stole no one's money and photoshopped 0 uber reciepts) would if he made the same post...for the 15th time.
Fuck Cherney too

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So aquaman knew he was a scammer all this time but did not inform the public but NOW he wants to cry "Fucking stop lying to everyone". He is trash too along with anybody that knew.
Mr. Aquaman is not guilty by association. Neither is anyone else who knows Tom. Many of us old geezers, including me, have known Tom for almost two decades. He has never stolen anything from me, even when he participated in local Mortal Kombat 9 tournaments here in Cleveland a long time ago. He behaved very professionally. However, I have definitely heard some stories throughout the years, but you never know what to believe given the fact that Tom is such a controversial personality in the fighting game community.

Nobody ought to be defending Tom because what he did is wrong, immoral, and corrupt yet not necessarily against the law. I am no Ultra David and I am not going to pretend to be a lawyer, but I do know that people willingly donated money. Nobody forced anybody to contribute.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Ahhh I was wondering why nobody was bringing it up, someone correct me if I’m wrong some where. I’ve been following this so, Tom took donations to go to nec, claimed to have gone to the place but never actually competed, even posted an Uber receipt. But sonic fox and coach Steve actually revealed that he doctored the receipt and he didn’t go anywhere so in actuallity he pocketed the money and didn’t go to any tourney. He’s done this before in the past apparently but it seems this is the biggest backlash from it. He even deleted his Twitter
He took down his YouTube channel as well. I've just checked it out.

Big yikes. I think Tom has a lot of smart things to say about fighting games and MK11 but this is a pretty bad look.
Nothing he's done is illegal but it's pretty scummy and I'm pretty disappointed to hear there's been a history of this. Always over money.

Forging the uber receipt is a bit disturbing.

Last edited:
I'm no lawyer, but do we know for sure this isn't illegal? AFAIK you absolutely cannot start donation drives under the guise of performing or completing xyz project or service and just take the money and produce nothing to that end. He didn't just raise a little money but damn near 1k for NEC (unless I'm mistaken).

This was a big thing with GoFundMe for a while until people started getting in serious trouble. Maybe the nature of it being twitch and ALL donations (regardless of intent) automatically going toward this supposed goal turns it into something of a grey area, I'm not totally sure how that works. Curious if UltraDavid weighs in at some point.

I'm pretty surprised by this, though I probably shouldn't be. The worst part is even if he started the drive knowing full well he had no intention of showing up, there were still so many stops along this culminating into the shitshow it currently is where he could've saved face and retained some degree of good will toward his supporters. E.g. as soon as it turned into a "thing" he could've recognized his back was to a wall and simply said "I'm sorry guys, something came up and I wasn't able to make it - thanks for the support and I'll be issuing refunds." Instead, every step of the way he appears to have been trying to cover his tracks. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
It is definitely illegal. You could actually have a couple of people file suit against him for breach of contract and fraud since they paid the fund for him to play the game at these tournaments, and he openly misrepresented and attempted to lie to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.