What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs What is this move?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

i ran up and tried to do standing 4 into something. it's not f3. there's no walkup animation and you can't hit f3 after f12~uprockets. explain pls

edit: so this move is 4u4, which isn't in the movelist. apparently i was inputting an up somewhere by accident while trying to cancel.

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yo I'm sitting here pushing madd buttons and directions searching for other moves now haha.
I know me too XD such a weird input too, it's not up4 like Liu Kang's it's 4-up4.. like the fuck?

This shit's ass though lol, the input is weird I can't get it in juggles and it's not cancellable.. it does 9% so I thought it might be useful for something >__>

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ok what I found so far.

4u4, 44u also works. Hits mid, 9%. it's a mini pop-up, looks like a mirrored f3 but with better recovery

4u4 bf1 combos midscreen, in the corner you can do stuff like f12 uprocket 4u4 11 12 bf4 and that's 36%

Yay for new moves ^__^
Yea we're gonna have to experiment with this move(s). It seems too random and too weird of an input to not have some sort of use.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Hmmm...just done some testing.

It punishes moves that are listed as -12 (same as 4) and it's safe on block (possibly even + frames).

Despite the appearance it has a low hit box that extends further in every direction to S4 and does better damage...It's not cancelable. I'm totally fkin baffled right now. As @Bolton has suggested, it has a legitimate use as an anti-air - though at no range will it beat a good jump in normal (e.g. Sub Zero JI2).

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
If it can beat any jump-in then it's already better than our d2 so I'll take it lol.
Still testing but it loses to bad jump ins too lol. It seems most effective at just outside of jump range where the opponent has no need to jump...

That said, what it does give us is an 11/12 frame move that travels almost as far as her D4 but leaves her much safer on block and combos on hit (combos directly into exDust). It also recovers crazy fast which excites me a bit!

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
It's just a single hitting roundhouse kick. You'll get the knee attack with standing 4 if you input it too slow, but if you input it really fast so that the knee doesn't come out and get a roundhouse kick, then you've got it right.
Working, thanks!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hmmm...just done some testing.

It punishes moves that are listed as -12 (same as 4) and it's safe on block (possibly even + frames).

Despite the appearance it has a low hit box that extends further in every direction to S4 and does better damage...It's not cancelable. I'm totally fkin baffled right now. As @Bolton has suggested, it has a legitimate use as an anti-air - though at no range will it beat a good jump in normal (e.g. Sub Zero JI2).
It's also useful in the corner, given that it's +1 or 2 on block and leads to a full meterless (or metered if you choose) juggle corner combo on hit.