What's new

Question - Grandmaster What is this? glitch ?

gibster13

A fan of fans

Sorry to create a new thread but I have never seen this before. It is clear that my opponent is holding block but I have no idea what happened. Any help?

It happens at 00:10

TamedLizard

Buff George
Looks like they might have quickly released block and were frozen in the process of hitting it again.

Edit - ^^ Yup.

gibster13

A fan of fans
He had to have. Maybe his finger slipped. How could he be coming up uppercut'ing out of the ice like that?

Either that, or Sub-Zero back turned ice traps is the new meta.
He thought he must of let go but he said he didn't.... We were in a party

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
If you have match replays on in the extras menu, look for this match. That should show your inputs and his at that moment.

What I suspect happened, from him holding block, to the way SZ moved just before freeze and how SZ was thrown back taking no damage, you look like you went for a throw. Whatever transition happened, clone immediately froze him before his block animation had a chance to go away. Again, the in game match replay would either confirm or debunk this.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
He had to have. Maybe his finger slipped. How could he be coming up uppercut'ing out of the ice like that?

Either that, or Sub-Zero back turned ice traps is the new meta.
I think that's just the unfreezing animation + plus block pressure.

I would listen to @Ree301. The freeze did 2 hits and 2%, that coupled with sub falling, this is most likely a throw freezing Jax. It probably happened so fast that game didn't even bother doing anything but freezing Jax. NRS also did some changes to ice clone so that probably had an effect here too.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'm recreating this in training atm. It is a throw from his crouching block, catching Jax before the animation can stand him up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
-EDIT-
I'm probably wrong. For some reason I misread what side the hit coutner was on and thought Jax was doing a move but getting frozen and still hitting.

Last edited: