What's new

What is the saltiest you've ever been?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I got to thinking about this the other day, because trying to main D'vorah right now definitely increases my salinity. I was actually mad about a set the next day, which isn't something that typically happens to me.

But it's nowhere near the saltiest I've ever been. That moment came during Injustice 2. I've been a Harley main since I:GAU, which was the first fighting game I took seriously, and as such I have a deep seated loathing of the Aquaman matchup. Flash forward a few years to I2 and he's finally nerfed to a fair level and...he still 7-3's Harley.

One day I was in a set with some random Aquaman that I felt wasn't as skilled as me, but I wasn't able to overcome the matchup, like usual. Like usual since 2013 and nothing ever changed, but here I was, still banging my head against a solid wall of trident rush and from the deep.

Didn't actually get angry, I was all the way past that into outright depression...so I went back to college. Not even kidding, the impetus for me going back to college for a new degree was how awful that mu has been for so long. I'd been considering it for awhile, but that's what made it happen. Still going strong too, I'm a few years out from a chemistry degree.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol, no fucking way to be salty at any NRS fighting game .... you can be salty in old times at a real arcade machine, were you spend coin , and so, losing badly , and in front of a provocative crowd, could make you waste yourself in fury , hehe ..... it's just a psychology stuff :p

for those modern games, where you can go online and play hundreds of times with lot of different people, whenever you want for free, it's just relax time .... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, so what ? lifes go on .... :cool:

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Anytime I have to deal with Geras and his f212 (all mid, -3, staggerable, cancellable) and his mid tick throws, and his sand traps, and his fatal blow, and his kbs, and his throw oki, and his jump ins, and his 6frame d1, and... Oh, he got me again.

Even when I’m not fighting him, I’m salty. I’m always fighting him in my mind.

Similar situation with Erron, but not as bad. I can lose to anyone else (I mostly fight Cassies and Sub Zeros)and be chill with it, but just fighting, even winning vs Geras and EB makes me go off the deep end and approach ragequit/uninstall territory.

It’s like how you’d feel of you were at a chess tournament, and you’re making crazy plays and setups and reads, and the other dude plops down this giant checker. Lifts it up, and just slaps all your pieces outa the way and says “king me” and the judge goes “we have a winner!”

Last edited:
coming home from work,
take something to eat, fire up the ps4
click on ranked
match found: scorpion (oh yeah of course..)
match found: scorpion (not again..)
match found: scorpion (ok ... f* it)
match found: scorpion (quit)

salty and mad i quit the game and start FIFA
Kappa

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
The early MKX days had me really salty since I picked up Sun God Kotal day 1. Nothing like the bad netcode making infernal Scorpion demon into chain combos a nightmare to face, or Over/under Grandmaster Sub-zero.

I just stopped playing anything online for a few months.

Hot_DNA

Noob
  1. Anytime I play a scorpion going back to MKX days.. NOBODY hates a character more than I hate scorpion( esp since I main Jade now)
  2. Dealing with MorriDoom in UMVC3 made me wanna break the game( even tho I played Morrigan/phoenix since day one lol)
3 Dealing with Dante in MVCI

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
earlier today, I was having this great ranked set: they won game 1, I won games 2 and 3, they won game 4. Then, instead of hitting rematch for going into game 5, I accidentally scrolled to quit with my big fat thumb :/
On top of taking an unnecessary L, I backed out of a great set without finishing it :(

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Honestly any time I have to drive to and from work. If you guys are ever in the south east steer clear of Georgia and Florida. We have the stupidest traffic. Everyone is either too slow and dumb. Too aggressive and a 20/10 on the douchebag scale. Or out there literally trying to cause accidents and get everyone killed. Any time it rains there are no less then 1-2 accidents per hour even if it's a light sprinkle, If there's a turn lane you can be 10000% certain someone is going to try and use it to cut ahead of traffic. Red lights are just a suggestion, and Everyone is either doing 5 under the speed limit or trying for the US record in super speeder tickets.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Honestly any time I have to drive to and from work. If you guys are ever in the south east steer clear of Georgia and Florida. We have the stupidest traffic. Everyone is either too slow and dumb. Too aggressive and a 20/10 on the douchebag scale. Or out there literally trying to cause accidents and get everyone killed. Any time it rains there are no less then 1-2 accidents per hour even if it's a light sprinkle, If there's a turn lane you can be 10000% certain someone is going to try and use it to cut ahead of traffic. Red lights are just a suggestion, and Everyone is either doing 5 under the speed limit or trying for the US record in super speeder tickets.
Never go to Puerto rico, They are VERY Slow, a normal 45 minute drive is 2 hrs and 30 minutes! Lmao
as for me, the saltiest I have been was jet skiing and swimming in the Ocean

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Perfect time for this thread. The answer was last night during a 3 game stretch. 1st ranked match went down 0-2 only to bring it back and force a 5th match. We each had 1 round in hand but ended up losing by a bit. Shitty. Next two opponents, got reverse 3-0'd by them both with them barely winning each of the sets (They had less than little health left each time). As a Kollector main, telling myself (knowing) that I lost these due to my characters deficiencies was my only saving grace from grabbing my PS4 and throwing it out the window.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
It sounds like you just described New England drivers. Everyday to and from work is a commute I dread. Just looking at the GPS arrival time being 35 minutes longer than it should be triggers me.

Another salt inducing time was the MVC3 vanilla Sentinel. EVERYBODY had him as anchor online, it was infuriating. At the time I was trying to run an Arthur/Hsien-ko/Chris team, but Sentinel had me switch to X-23 just for an answer to his BS. Worked out for me cause I learned to love X-23 and I would get so many rage messages when i beat the sentinel cheese calling me cheap lmao.

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
anytime someone in front of me in the drive thru is taking forever. come on lady, its mcdonalds you know what they have. how do you not know what you're ordering by the time you get to the speaker? it takes me 5 seconds to say 3 mcdoubles and 2 mcchickens

Drive thru is the ultimate salt factory because it combines waiting in line + driving + being hungry. Anger level 1000

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
coming home from work,
take something to eat, fire up the ps4
click on ranked
match found: scorpion (oh yeah of course..)
match found: scorpion (not again..)
match found: scorpion (ok ... f* it)
match found: scorpion (quit)

salty and mad i quit the game and start FIFA
Kappa
FIFA? :eek: well mk11 makes me sometimes salty but FIFA just drives me insane. glad i sold it last november. i admire you, people who play FIFA must be "mentality giants" (or just suicidal lol) BTT, always get salty fighting against Liu or Jacqui. i feel like blocking the whole match.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I can't stand losing to random AI crap, or when the game screws me over.

If I lose because I'm bad, it's ok. I could have anti aired, I froze, I died. Sure. Got teabagged after, o well.
I dropped the combo and got fatal blowed, my bad. Got jumped over at finished screen and then fatality, sure.

But when I make a read, it's correct, like: he's gonna jump, I'll uppercut. Then the game decides to fuck me over and hit me through my uppercut although the last 11 times it worked in the same situation, I ULTRA RAGE.
When I get hit by kitana ass -23, I do an f344 with cage, but because of whatever online, random blockstun that IGNORES half my inputs, and get d2-ed on my punish and lose, I FOAM AT THE MOUTH.

It gets worse with the AI. If I lose to some input reading crap, or because for SOME REASON THE DESIGNER CHOSE TO MODIFY THE DAMAGE SCALING IN TOWER ONLY AND MY 450 damage combo only takes 230 HEALTH FROM THE AI AND HE WAKES UP WITH INPUT READS AND KILLS ME, I TURN INTO A MATHARFAKN GORILLA.

I can't stand losing to some idiotic design choice or to random shit, in the situations I chose the correct decision.

I literally juiced my old ps4 pad, squeezed it in my hand and turned it into mush on one ocasion.

When I'm alone and this kind of crap happens, I literally scream so hard I almost fainted once because of the force and anger. I know it's dangerous and read that I could die but I can't help it. Thank god that I only do this when I'm alone, because when I'm with other people my common sense and decency is much stronger than this so I don't do anything.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I can't stand losing to random AI crap, or when the game screws me over.

If I lose because I'm bad, it's ok. I could have anti aired, I froze, I died. Sure. Got teabagged after, o well.
I dropped the combo and got fatal blowed, my bad. Got jumped over at finished screen and then fatality, sure.

But when I make a read, it's correct, like: he's gonna jump, I'll uppercut. Then the game decides to fuck me over and hit me through my uppercut although the last 11 times it worked in the same situation, I ULTRA RAGE.
When I get hit by kitana ass -23, I do an f344 with cage, but because of whatever online, random blockstun that IGNORES half my inputs, and get d2-ed on my punish and lose, I FOAM AT THE MOUTH.

It gets worse with the AI. If I lose to some input reading crap, or because for SOME REASON THE DESIGNER CHOSE TO MODIFY THE DAMAGE SCALING IN TOWER ONLY AND MY 450 damage combo only takes 230 HEALTH FROM THE AI AND HE WAKES UP WITH INPUT READS AND KILLS ME, I TURN INTO A MATHARFAKN GORILLA.

I can't stand losing to some idiotic design choice or to random shit, in the situations I chose the correct decision.

I literally juiced my old ps4 pad, squeezed it in my hand and turned it into mush on one ocasion.

When I'm alone and this kind of crap happens, I literally scream so hard I almost fainted once because of the force and anger. I know it's dangerous and read that I could die but I can't help it. Thank god that I only do this when I'm alone, because when I'm with other people my common sense and decency is much stronger than this so I don't do anything.
You need to take a nap. Also I refuse to believe your hand strength is enough to turn a DS4 into mush. Unless you've got the hands of mogilla gorilla and are stronger than Dwane Johnson I don't see your hands having the strength to apply enough pressure to cause hard plastic to enter a moldable state.

MikeDigs

Twerk
maining Kitana... facing Kitana mirror and getting swept 0-3, by a fan spammer, literally not one combo.

Struggling in general by projectile spam. I keep getting zoned out and its frustrating cuz Kitanas fan is mediocre in MK11.

And facing Geras / Jax mixups losing 4 in a row, I broke my ps4 controller :mad:

MikeDigs

Twerk
You need to take a nap. Also I refuse to believe your hand strength is enough to turn a DS4 into mush. Unless you've got the hands of mogilla gorilla and are stronger than Dwane Johnson I don't see your hands having the strength to apply enough pressure to cause hard plastic to enter a moldable state.
Agreed. I find myself in the same situation in about 80% of my matches, where my inputs are straight up ignored, including throws and blocks.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well you know what I mean. I don't know the word in English, when you try to squeeze the water out of a towel so you ...squeeze it and turn in oposite directions. The plastic cracked and the stuff in it and I was left with a pile of chunks.

Also this happens on a lot of occasions not only once, so I would practically need a permanent nap :))