What's new

What is the origin of you TYM or online gamer tag name?

xKMMx

Banned
I don't know if this has ever been done on here but I thought just for the hell of it I'd make a thread for people to say where the inspiration for their TYM and online gamer tags came from.

Figure this would be a nice side conversation so we can all talk about something other than Scorpions teleport for a day.

Mine is simply initials. But some of you guys have some creative and funny names.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I don't know if this has ever been done on here but I thought just for the hell of it I'd make a thread for people to say where the inspiration for their TYM and online gamer tags came from.

Figure this would be a nice side conversation so we can all talk about something other than Scorpions teleport for a day.

Mine is simply initials. But some of you guys have some creative and funny names.
I’ve been working with the same company for almost 5 years and I’m pretty sure my boss has Alzheimer’s and always calls me sparky... so I just roll with it

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
There was a thread for this a while back, but I don't feel like searching for it. I wrote a short film in film school called Karaoke Love about a guy trying to win over a girl at a karaoke bar. I needed a new email at the time and just went with karaokelove, and started using it as my default username for everything. It's also fun beating edge lords with such a silly name.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Stokedaf - I was stoked for mk11 lol. MK has always been my favorite franchise even though I’m not that good at fighting games and didn’t know basic terms or strategies. I’m trying to learn this time around though. At least I can understand what I’m doing wrong now since coming here lol.

Psn: strictly-pillage
From a kung fu movie dubbed over by cappadonna (wutang). It’s also because i tend to play and like the the evil characters.
It’s great shit, check it out if you like wu

Gaxkang

Banned
Gaxkang is an optional boss in Dragon Age Origins. :joker:

“The first of the magus cast themselves deep in the Fade in search of answers and power, always power. They found the forbidden ones – Xebenkeck, Imshael, Gaxkang the Unbound, and The Formless One. Many conversations were had and much of the fabric of the world revealed. And thus the magic of blood was born.” ―Unknown mage

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So incoming story time.

In 2013 a few weeks after Injustice 1 launched, a certain player (let us kill him JoeWashedUp) made a thread about how Inj1 was catering to scrubs and had no skills. JoeWashedUp mentioned how he went into a KOTH room and lost to a noob Sinestro who won 40 games in a row throwing projectiles in the scrubbiest way. It was a long epic rant rant about how MK9 was the GOAT game and Inj1 was trash.

Anyway, that 40 win streak guy was me, and I saw the thread when I was searching for tech. I hadn't posted before but took offense to JoeWashedUp saying how great he was and how scrubby I was. I created the name SaltShaker because of how salty JoeWashedUp was to troll him. I ended up liking the name a lot, as I figured it fit my fighting game playstyle(s), so I ended up keeping it for all my fighting games.

I've had mine for about a decade. There was some guy on local news that my buddy and I saw that was janky looking as all hell. His name was Chad Munson, but I thought it said Chud Munson, and I thought it was hilarious this dopey guy had such an dopey name.

xKMMx

Banned
So incoming story time.

In 2013 a few weeks after Injustice 1 launched, a certain player (let us kill him JoeWashedUp) made a thread about how Inj1 was catering to scrubs and had no skills. JoeWashedUp mentioned how he went into a KOTH room and lost to a noob Sinestro who won 40 games in a row throwing projectiles in the scrubbiest way. It was a long epic rant rant about how MK9 was the GOAT game and Inj1 was trash.

Anyway, that 40 win streak guy was me, and I saw the thread when I was searching for tech. I hadn't posted before but took offense to JoeWashedUp saying how great he was and how scrubby I was. I created the name SaltShaker because of how salty JoeWashedUp was to troll him. I ended up liking the name a lot, as I figured it fit my fighting game playstyle(s), so I ended up keeping it for all my fighting games.
Does Joe washed up's name happened to sound anything like Mom Grady? or Smerfect Smedgend?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
STB = I'm in the MK clan STB lol
Sgt = When I was a wee lad back in late middle school/early high school, gaming get togethers were starting to become a HUGE thing and the game played back in these days was Halo: CE and a bit later, Halo 2. When we would gather for said parties, we would all name our spartans names with our last names in them so that everyone knew who was who on your team. The first few guys were naming their character like Major Wilson and Capt whatever, so I just followed along and picked Sgt.
Reed = Last Name (plus see above story)

Before I was in STB I was just SgtReed24 thus...
24 = My favorite MLB player's number. (Ken Griffey Jr)

I've just kept it all these years cause I'm bad with coming up with names for stuff like created characters in video games and the like so... there ya go. I really do need to change it to something cooler and more catchy.

Mine is also my Xbox gamertag that I've had for YEARS. I chose the name because Casey Jones is my favorite TMNT character aside from the turtles themselves. The "MF" stands for a word that rhymes with "brother trucking".

xKMMx

Banned
I've had mine for about a decade. There was some guy on local news that my buddy and I saw that was janky looking as all hell. His name was Chad Munson, but I thought it said Chud Munson, and I thought it was hilarious this dopey guy had such an dopey name.
LMAO this is one I was hoping to get the origin story on. It just sounds hilarious.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Samsara is an Eastern religious principle regarding the endless cycle of life and death of which the material world is subject to. The only freedom from Samsara is Nirvana.

My profile quote underscores this idea. "Time is a flat circle" meaning everything in life moves in a continuously unbroken cycle (this is inevitable, much like how the hands move along a clock face).

I find my life to be tedious in nature, full of mistakes I could have avoided repeating had I paid attention to the patterns.

This cynical worldview was brought to life by the philosopher Nietzsche (Eternal Recurrence), and his work was perhaps most popularized via True Detective, an HBO series.

Last edited: