What's new

Question What Is The Most Execution Heavy Variation In The Game?

We are talking about the most executional character that most people can't do them,right? 5 in the corner after mb fk is hard, 113 into 5 iafbs is even harder.
U r not required to get 5 iafb in the corner to be good with df. Just look at Sylvverye. He doesnt go with the iafb combos in the corner and when he does, he does only two iafbs and he is still a very good liu kang player. Also, u can go up 4 after 113 to have an easier time hitting those iafbs.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
U r not required to get 5 iafb in the corner to be good with df. Just look at Sylvverye. He doesnt go with the iafb combos in the corner and when he does, he does only two iafbs and he is still a very good liu kang player. Also, u can go up 4 after 113 to have an easier time hitting those iafbs.
Whether you're required or not to learn these to get good with the DF is not the topic bro. The topic is who is the most executional character. Dragon's Fire has these possibilities and is the most execution heavy character.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Anyone with run cancels, Raiden, Jacqui Stanky Legs (I swear to this day I still can't figure out how to use it), Cyrax since u can't afford to drop a combo and being good with him is no easy task, Quan to some degree when it comes to being unforgiving to dropping combos.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
After having learned every character in MKXL, I will give the nod to Raiden when it comes to the most execution heavy character. He's the only character with 2 different comboable run cancel specials (in TG) as well as having a run cancel in all 3 variations that is mandatory to use to get corner/NJP Bnbs.

Thunder God has the most difficult projectile run cancel in the game because the cancel frames come late instead of instant like the rest of the cast.

Vicinity Burst is the most difficult run cancel period since it's cancel frames are almost at the end of the slow move's active frames!

All 3 variations have harder bnbs than the rest of the cast.

Raiden is definitely the most execution heavy character in the game.
I agree with this statement. Compared to HF Scorpion's RC, TG Raiden is fuckingly difficult, and the only way to get it down is doing a lot of training to get used to time it down.

The other RC is from the Vicinity (Anti Air).

The only easy variation for Raiden is Displacer, because his teleports replaces the LRC, however, he has a problem executing the teleport in the corner.

omooba

fear the moobs
Fact: there is only one character in this game were the best player of that character usually doesn't go for max damage ERMAC. He's also the only character i've actually dropped because i couldn't get the execution

Temetias

"MKX kid"
I'd say it must be a character that really demands the execution to do well. For example, Liu's IAFB combos are maybe the hardest thing in the game but they're not required to do well with the character.

Character like displacer on the other hand has really hard must-have bnb's. And most run-cancel characters like dvorah have no 50/50's if you can't do the B1 into Bug RC. Then there's the micro-management characters like drunken master and dualist but I personally haven't really played them to say anything about them. But I can imagine keeping track of extra things in FG is pretty demanding

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
The most execution heavy character is the one which is REQUIRED to execute difficult moves in high level. Liu Kang isn't required to execute iabf1 in order to be viable in high level, Jacqui isn't required to do 3 or more stanky legs in one combo to be viable. Plus, these combos are in the corner and/or aren't required to net over 35% with either character. Midscreen, these characters can easily dish out high 30%'s and even 40% with 1bar off of touches without difficulty.

Raiden.....is REQUIRED to execute 3 f12b2s (which are 2 just-frame dash-to-run cancels into f1) to get 32% midscreen in Displacer/MOS. He is REQUIRED to LRC in every combo midscreen just to barely net 25%. He is REQUIRED to VBRC in the corner in Displacer/MOS to get any restands from b34 as well as double VB if he wants 39% from f12b2 and 40% from f22+4 in the corner.

VBRC into b14 is one of the hardest REUIRED sequences in the game.

We don't see Raiden in tournaments/high level because he's too difficult execute with for the low reward he gets in return. And when your favorite top players pick him as a last resort after already making it to top 8 using much easier characters, Raiden gets doomed everytime due to his highest execution in the game requirement.

Every character has combos that are very or even extremely hard/near impossible to pull off in a real match. That does not make said character the most execution heavy character because they aren't required to execute those combos.

Last edited:

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
After having learned every character in MKXL, I will give the nod to Raiden when it comes to the most execution heavy character. He's the only character with 2 different comboable run cancel specials (in TG) as well as having a run cancel in all 3 variations that is mandatory to use to get corner/NJP Bnbs.

Thunder God has the most difficult projectile run cancel in the game because the cancel frames come late instead of instant like the rest of the cast.

Vicinity Burst is the most difficult run cancel period since it's cancel frames are almost at the end of the slow move's active frames!

All 3 variations have harder bnbs than the rest of the cast.

Raiden is definitely the most execution heavy character in the game.
The God has spoken... RUN THAT SHIT BACK

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, u can still do it I think. Just a bit of a reach for your right thumb.
I can do it, just not super consistently. Besides, I kind of dropped the game at this point, I'm just saying that he does require some execution.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
1. Demo Sonya.
2. Jax.
3. Tanya.
4. Kung Lao.

Don't play Raiden, so can't tell.
Cassie's (Lui Kangs, etc) instant air guns are very hard to execute consistently.

Honourable mentions: Johnny Cage, Lui Kang, Ronin, Kenshi, FT Ruthless, Erron Black, Tremor, Predator HQT.

Fireball run cancels I think are achievable with some amount of training, it is straightforward. But them instant air guns I just have no idea how to do.

Last edited: