What's new

What is the fastest special in the game?

I am testing some strings on my mains and I need to do it vs some really fast reversals. Who has the fastest move?

-Thanks

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I think Reptile's EX slide is now the fastest after the latest patch at 6 frames.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
To be clear it's stated as 6 frames, but factor in reversal and avoiding the one frame of unblocking it may as well be 5 frames...and it goes for a FULL COMBO.

SPY

Noob
Tempest Kung Lao exSpin - 4f.
Some parries have even faster activation, but you cannot punish with them if you testing that.

MK_Al

Noob
To be clear it's stated as 6 frames, but factor in reversal and avoiding the one frame of unblocking it may as well be 5 frames...and it goes for a FULL COMBO.
As far as I know the reversal cancels out exactly the one unblocking frame, so it'd be still 6 frames. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
ya, infra dead is just fear mongering with cassie's flipkick (which is funny, given his latest status update.) ... it's not punishing anything -5. it's coming out on reversal at 6 frames.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
exslide from SZ is good to test punish or frame traps with. Thats who i practice my hellfire loops on.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
exslide from SZ is good to test punish or frame traps with. Thats who i practice my hellfire loops on.
Cassie's Flip though...that's the move you should be testing your cancels on. I know I said this before...but a 5 frame launcher is a big deal right now.