What's new

What is the best..?

Wigy

There it is...
I thought it would be a fun idea that will ultimately descend into salt and complaining.

Who has the best?

Who has the best string?
A: for neutral
B: pressure
Who has the best antiair?
Who has the best reliable damage?
Who has the best poke?
Who has the best projectile?
Which move annoys you the most?

Only one rule- has to be the move in a vacuum, not what it does for the character, but as a standalone move.

lets go hot takes.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Who has the best string?
Noob's F2121
Kano's F21B2 on people it works on
Liu Kang's F43 otherwise

Kabal's D3 or Kollector D2

Kollector
Who has the best poke?
Kano D1

Standard? Straight Forceballs
Abnormal? Crashing Flames

Cetrion Rock Wall

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Who has the best string?
-Sindel's flying butt string. I've only seen that move done in wrestling and Street Fighter, so I know I can use it in a real fight. It also Krushing Blows, so I know it's deadly in a real fight! I only rate strings and moves based on realism.

-Kano's f1,2,b2 string. Only because he spits at/on you.

-Terminator's d3 only because it looks stupid. (Real answer is anyone with long stick weapon d2 and Terminators air grab)

-Sub-Zero. I dunno if his damage is reliable, but I think he's cool

Who has the best poke?
-Terminator's d3 only because it looks stupid

-Frost's head. It's a big brain move.

-Any move that hits me

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Who has the best string?

Spawn 34
Kano F12B2

Tie between Frost D3, Terminator D3, and Noob Saibot D4

Kollector

Who has the best poke?
Rain D3

Literal: Robocop Low Auto
Technically: D'Vorah Strepsiptera

Geras Quick Sand. Absolutely shit design to have a 17f fullscreen low that: has no travel time, can't be traded with, results in crazy oki, has a braindead KB that rewards you for just playing the fucking game, and has relatively low recovery on whiff/block considering it grants threat presence at all distances. Beyond asinine.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Who has the best string?
Probably Kotal. f24 is ridiculous.

Honourable mentions to Sindel f4u3, Jacqui f12, and Kabal b12d2

Jacqui Briggs: f314 or 112; especially with cancels attached.
Kano: f12b2, except it’s not universal against the whole cast.

Frost d3 damage+consistency
Jade d2 is consistent but doesn’t get the damage that frost’s does.

Upgraded Jacqui or Kollector with relic lure: 30% unbreakable combos for a bar off basically any starter

Who has the best poke?
Jade: d4
Geras: d1

Sub Zero enhanced Iceball
Geras quick sand

Kollector Command Grab

Wigy

There it is...
Frosts d3 is a wild antiair honestly- as a stand alone move cant see much better.

f24 kotal best neutral string free.

Pressure string f12 kano

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
May I suggest some new categories of best jump kick and best jump punch?

Jump kick: Sindel. It's so active, so fast, and points directly downward so it's near impossible to AA. There are some incredible contenders in this category like Shang and Lao, so I could definitely see someone else winning out.

Jump Punch: D'vorah's j1. I don't think there's another character so truly reliant on having one really, really good jump attack. Sub's j1 gets an honorable mention here.

Best Sweep: Shao Kahn

Best U3: Shao Kahn

Best normal in neutral: Fujin b2

Best low starting string: Kollector f12. f1 has great range & is a great stagger being -1 on block. f12 is a free hitconfirm. SubZero’s b3 and Fujin’s f31 are up there too

Best Parry: Skarlet’s. Good startup and it’s the least visually obvious so sometimes she can just throw it out in neutral

Most consistent KB: Terminator’s running man nut stomp. All you have to do is land his jab string. That’s it.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Kotal's f24 is practically f*cking fullscreen and is a mid so best string in neutral hands down. Spawn's hitboxes on his strings are ridiculous so he's up there as well. I'd say Kano and Skarlet have the best pressure strings cause of their plus frames.

Best projectile goes to Sonya imo.

Most annoying move - Geras' Quick Sand by far. How this move is still a low is beyond me.

Who has the best string?
A: for neutral - Sindel
B: pressure: Kano's F1 string. I can't deal with it on KL so I always have to go for my counterpick: Kitana because it still whiffs on Kitana lol
Who has the best antiair?: - Jade's D2.
Who has the best reliable damage? - Jacqui. Equip the clinch and every touch is basically 200 meterless
Who has the best poke? - Geras. Both d1 and d4 are good
Who has the best projectile? - Sheeva. That thing is cancer. I have no idea why it's not banned
Which move annoys you the most? - Sheeva's stomp. Stomp alone isn't a big deal, but Stomp + mb version + dragon stance? The entire game is basically a gamble, trying to guess which direction that b*tch will redirect the fireball into, or where to land. There's no footsie or fighting game anymore

Last edited: