What's new

What is the best MK movie/TV production to date?

Best Official MK movie/TV/online Production?

• Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins (animated movie)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mortal Kombat: Federation of Martial Arts (online series)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mattteo

Noob
I love whenever this thread gets bumped because it reminds me to rewatch the absolutely stellar performance of Shao Kahn from Conquest. I don't think we'll ever get a Kahn of this caliber again. Its just too easy to write him as an idiot villain who gets bamboozled by a "bigger' threat.

"You can be returned to your agony at any moment . . . . . . creature"

And how annoyed he sounds when he tells him to bow? Ten out of fucking ten. I will forever stan Jeffrey Meek as Shao Kahn. An underappreciated legend.
This!

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
Easily the original. Guy who played Raiden went his own way with it but knocked it out of the park. I use movie Raiden so much he's basically my main.

Cicada 5

Noob
Scorpion/Sub-Zero were done better.
Liu Kang/Kung Lao were done better
Sonya/Jax were done better
Kano was done better
While the film has many problems (all the villains apart from Bi-Han, and the unnecessary Cole) the things they got right were more “MK” than any other attempt.
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, but you can’t seriously watch the original MK flick and forgive the Scorpion/Sub-Zero stuff. That original film lives & dies by Cary’s performance as Shang…and his interpretation isn’t even MK game accurate.
Kung Lao wasn't even in the original movie and his contribution to the 2021 film is killing Nitara (who is nothing like her game depiction). 2021 Kano is just 1995 Kano, if slightly more crass. Sonya is an improvement only in the fighting department and what is there to even say about the 2021 version of Jax?

1995 Shang Tsung is only inaccurate in that the game version of Shang Tsung was a pretty nothing character at the time the movie came out and Cary's depiction did more to give him life (there's a reason he's reprised the role twice).

As for Scorpion and Sub-Zero, there depiction in the 1995 film isn't ideal but at least they bothered to come up with an explanation for why they were slaves of Shang Tsung as opposed to what Battle of the Realms and the 2021 movie did when they made Li Mei and Nitara Outworld minions just to add some bodies on the villain side. MK 2021 is only accurate in the most shallow sense and even their take on Sub-Zero isn't accurate either seeing as how he actually is guilty of murdering Hanzo's clan as opposed to being framed by Quan Chi.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i enjoyed everything that they gave me when i was a child. Yes even Annihilation. if you are a child you don't really criticise anything that serious. i lost my mind when i see Smoke, Liu Kang fight with Scooter's Fire song and Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight after it. But i voted for the first movie, still watching the Boat Scene again and again.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
its easily Konquest

its not the best but it had some good ideas

the first MK movie is bad, its weak as a movie, its worse as a Mortal Kombat movie

its carried by 4 people and its crazy to me its praised so much

Cicada 5

Noob
its easily Konquest

its not the best but it had some good ideas

the first MK movie is bad, its weak as a movie, its worse as a Mortal Kombat movie

its carried by 4 people and its crazy to me its praised so much
What's good about Konquest?
The first movie has few issues and deserves most if not all praise.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Konkuest has the best Raiden ever presented in any mk media or game.
The same actor plays Shao Kahn (also very good).
The whole series is like Hercules/Xena but with mk lore.
I focus a lot of Shao Kahn, but Raiden is also fantastic. He really plays up the whole God thing. He doesn't actually help unless its totally necessary. Otherwise he's getting drunk and fucking women at the bar lmao

I will also forever stan Bruce Locke as Shang Tsung. Another amazing portrayal of the character. We've always seen Shao Kahn pissed at Shang, but never actually punish him (except for that lame scene in MK9). In this Shang is sentenced to life as a slave in the cobalt mines, and we slowly watch him scheme, trick and lie his way through the series.

I focus a lot of Shao Kahn, but Raiden is also fantastic. He really plays up the whole God thing. He doesn't actually help unless its totally necessary. Otherwise he's getting drunk and fucking women at the bar lmao

I will also forever stan Bruce Locke as Shang Tsung. Another amazing portrayal of the character. We've always seen Shao Kahn pissed at Shang, but never actually punish him (except for that lame scene in MK9). In this Shang is sentenced to life as a slave in the cobalt mines, and we slowly watch him scheme, trick and lie his way through the series.
Yes exactly, he is amazing too. Great casting, his face is more Shang Tsung than Cary in my opinion. Also delivering every line with stubborness and irony.
The character is well written too. Always cooking something, backstabbing everybody, playing tough on Vorpax while he is actually needing her. Cheesy, funny, evil, as Shang as it gets.