NRS’s best game visually is

• Injustice 2

• MKX

• Injustice 1

• MK9

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
While Injustice too from a competitive standpoint is the best NRS, a lot of people just don’t find it fun. Personally I think it has a lot to do with how the game looks. For me MKX was the best to watch for visuals and MK9 for mechanics and combos(Cage, Reptile, Kabal, Smoke :D) . In this thread visuals aren’t just colors but the characters moves, the way they move, intros, outros, dialogue, etc. basically things that would make you watch the game even if you didn’t play it. Anyway I’d like to hear your thoughts .

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Visually, it's Injustice 2.
I liked MK9 for the beautiful colours and stages, but they were muted significantly in MKX. The character models got better in MKX, but that grey/brown filter that was over everything (which started with IGAU) lessened the game's aesthetics.

Injustice 2 has beautiful character models, colours AND stages! And I hope all those things carry over to MK11.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Definitely Injustice 2 but MK9 was the one that wowed me the most for it's time. It looked sick.

About MK9 art direction, it was good for everything except some character models, most were good but some were shit.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Tossup between inj2 and mk9.
MKX has horrible proportions on the figures and its gritty overall disposition is going to get dated as soon as the next gen of graphics land.

Both mk9 and inj2 has solid character design that will always be solid character design no matter the improvements in graphics quality.

Art direction (color palette, design, stages) -- MK9 by a longshot
Graphics (lighting, shaders, rendering) -- Injustice 2 by a longshot
I just made my post and then read back up only to find that we are on the same page. Good show.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
MKX had depressing color palettes. Was an interesting gloomy different direction at first but it got old quickly.

I have a major issue with the lighting in Inj2. It makes some stages look great (upper Khandaq for example) but others look terrible. I get very triggered when I can't see some stuff like Batman's trait and bats on some stages. It's horrible.

MK9 was a bit cartoonish compared to the newer games but I loved how colorful it was. IGAU also looked great in that aspect, but the faces for example looked terrible because they tried to make them look realistic but the technology couldn't keep up back then I guess.

MK9 slightly wins over IGAU for me. I am not a fan of how MKX and Inj2 look.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Gameplay wise mkx was my least favorite but from a purely aesthetic side, it’s by far the most interesting/badass/ brutal looking.

I hate how in the injustice games, the characters are so tiny in relation to the back grounds.. really takes away from the supposed awe inspiring powers the characters have.

I think mk9 hit the sweet spot in terms of character size in relation to background