What's new

Question - Bo' Rai Cho What is even going on here?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Whats up TYM its BanThetesters here back with more Bo Rai Cho craziness...lets cut to the chase..

I was testing out the new MKXL patch a week or so ago and something happened during a match...this:

After this happened i reacted accordingly:

Its like every-time i play this game/Bo Rai Cho I find weird bugs/glitches of some sort....anyway i just wanted to post it for you guys and see if anyone else has encountered this at all? Oh yea and inb4 "why are you punishing the opponents move with X move..." etc, not the point of the vid/thread lol.

Man i should totally test Mk 11 lol...anywho Discuss!!

EDIT: Had no idea this was common aka a "Corpse Hop" thanks for the info guys!

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

Just looks like a corpse hop... Am I missing something?
Is it? Ive never seen this happen before...im doing f3 throw the opposite direction of the opponent is at/standing after the run..

This is normal or?

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Tbh I don't play Bo so I don't know if this is already known and just hasn't been disclosed. Regardless, it's something that you should look into as maybe wake up reversal tech (corner tech?).

What I would assume is going on is that you were standing directly on top of them when you input F3 Throw so that it understood your input but recognized them as the opposite way and auto corrected. Something similar happens with other hard knockdowns.

BanTheTesters

Tbh I don't play Bo so I don't know if this is already known and just hasn't been disclosed. Regardless, it's something that you should look into as maybe wake up reversal tech (corner tech?).

What I would assume is going on is that you were standing directly on top of them when you input F3 Throw so that it understood your input but recognized them as the opposite way and auto corrected. Something similar happens with other hard knockdowns.
Ill have to look into it further, just an odd thing to happen i mean maybe it was too meaty? Idk ive never really seen/heard of that before...its like if you go in to hard you cross yourself up or something idk...i doubt this is Bo exclusive though/

xSamuel

Ill have to look into it further, just an odd thing to happen i mean maybe it was too meaty? Idk ive never really seen/heard of that before...its like if you go in to hard you cross yourself up or something idk...i doubt this is Bo exclusive though/
I'd be happy to test it with you on XBL: HLC Samuel :) I'll be on later tonight.

Obviously corpse hops are not exclusive to Bo but the auto correcting input is what I'm most curious about.

If you pause the video ~ 16 seconds then you can see that you are literally standing on his torso as you input your move. I would stick with my assumption that it just auto corrected and because of the forward movement of F3 it whiffed during his wake up frames. Definitely something that is very tricky to do on purpose, let alone on accident. However, I do think you should look into this as a combo ender for input reversal tech.

BanTheTesters

It has it's uses. It's good for reversing armor or backdashes on wake up.
Spectral's charge, Lackey's roll, Smoke's 213, Kang's B34 juggle, etc.
So is this good for the person playing or good for the opponent in question lol?

xSamuel

It would be beneficial for you, Bo, because you can screw with people's wake ups. They try to wake up backdash and end up dashing into you, for example. I did some testing and it seems like running through your opponent like this is from the throw and meaty monkey flip sequence. However, there is a corpse hop off monkey flips by running up, crouching, and then jumping on top of their corpse. This can be used to set up a meaty NJK for plus frames, flip inputs, or change direction of their armor. Whether it flips inputs or flips direction of armor is more specific and I don't really want to test it lol. The late NJK is around +5 (Bartitsu's B1 beats out Cassie's flip kick).

BanTheTesters

It would be beneficial for you, Bo, because you can screw with people's wake ups. They try to wake up backdash and end up dashing into you, for example. I did some testing and it seems like running through your opponent like this is from the throw and meaty monkey flip sequence. However, there is a corpse hop off monkey flips by running up, crouching, and then jumping on top of their corpse. This can be used to set up a meaty NJK for plus frames, flip inputs, or change direction of their armor. Whether it flips inputs or flips direction of armor is more specific and I don't really want to test it lol. The late NJK is around +5 (Bartitsu's B1 beats out Cassie's flip kick).
GREAT work dude, i changed the title of the vid a bit actually...

So what is corpse hopping might i ask? I dont think ive seen much of it

xSamuel

GREAT work dude, i changed the title of the vid a bit actually...

So what is corpse hopping might i ask? I dont think ive seen much of it
I'm pretty new to fighting games but I'll try to explain it to the best of my knowledge.
A corpse hop is just simply moving over your opponents body, in a knockdown state, without having to jump. Your video is a better example of a corpse hop because it's not obvious that it happens and your opponents controls will be reversed. They are, I think, hard knockdowns that for some reason or another grant you the ability to run over your opponents corpse as if it wasn't there thus "corpse hop". The one I found and mentioned in my previous post may not technically be a corpse hop but it reverses inputs/reversals nonetheless. Hope I helped :)