What's new

Question - Alien What is Aliens best Variation so far?

Aliens Best Variation as of 3/23/2016

• Konjurer

• Acidic

• Tarkatan

• They are all Equal

• Acidic/Tarkatan can't tell between the two yet?

Results are only viewable after voting.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
kano is a losing mu for sure he can backdash out of hard knockdown egg setups and it wont trigger. he can also just backdash when its active and it whiffs or kano ball lol mileena is pretty hard too, but thats just mileena. i agree though conjurer has alot of winning mus.

knicks, tarkatan is minus after rekkas and the 50/50 is like 4% damage lol. Dragon was using d1 after rekkas because people were jumping and he caught em free. This isn't me saying tarkatan is bad, its a top 5 variation, but I believe thats more due to easy hit confirms to high damage and very good armored wakeups, rather than rekkas. They just keep alien safe.

the full screen moves is bs, they are horrendous bf2 is his only fullscreen decent move and that can be jumped over. takedas b21 makes aliens normals look like childs play; overhead and anti air, thats op.

BRC has better normals and people are saying hes trash so its definately not that.
the facehugger can be called at any given moment. there are setups for backdashing and you can't backdash out of a standing reset which Alien has in 33. You can armor after 33, BUT u can block and he facehugger WILL catch them for a free 36% combo punish. I played a mileena who actually uses her at a high level and i didnt really have that hard of a time. Regarding kano and people who backdash we also have a drone call if they backdash and it will hit them and if they block u are in perfect range for a b3 face hugger mixup. You also can call the facehugger while they are on the ground if you think they will backdash and if they do , boom free combo. I definitely get what u are saying tho but it comes down to reads as well. We dont use 112 into egg summon anymore because it's not as reliable as we thought. Now we usually just go for 33 restand or 33 into a +19 knockdown

EDIT:CORRECTION YOU CAN BACKDASH OUT OF THE STANDING RESET BUT U STILL CAN CALL FACEHUGGER IF U READ IT. Also , f1234 catches backdashes after a hkd setup. AND you can put the facehugger BEHIND them if they backdash lol. ON TOP Of that, u can EX the egg summon if they backdash and it will trigger ... rip backdash

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
imo a 50/50 is when you have to guess between a low or an Overhead. since Tarkatan's Oh and Low at end are 24 frames and 20 frames, they are both reactible and armorable. making them not a 50/50 just my opinion, since i don't have to guess i can react.

and his Spin move is super predictable. the oh lights up, and the low is without flash.. kinda no brainer.

i Use acidic cuz i wanted Zoning, since thats my style. i can chose a simi ok Close up game, and a decent Zoning game. depending on who i play.

but when i play Tarkatan, and i get them in corner, lets just say they have problems getting out.
i love tarkatans NJP and his added range on B2.

but taking away dice dice dice, spin, and Rekka, i like having Exo Splat(DB2) and Acid Blood(DB4), as well as Sizzle Acid (U+3)aa
even though his F23434 Acid Blood can be backdashed, its fun to get that DOT on them. and the restand with it if you manage to get them with B2 into F13 Acid Blood is kinda cool as well, free 50/50 at a sacrifice to damage. but sometimes i think its worth it.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
the facehugger can be called at any given moment. there are setups for backdashing and you can't backdash out of a standing reset which Alien has in 33. You can armor after 33, BUT u can block and he facehugger WILL catch them for a free 36% combo punish. I played a mileena who actually uses her at a high level and i didnt really have that hard of a time. Regarding kano and people who backdash we also have a drone call if they backdash and it will hit them and if they block u are in perfect range for a b3 face hugger mixup. You also can call the facehugger while they are on the ground if you think they will backdash and if they do , boom free combo. I definitely get what u are saying tho but it comes down to reads as well. We dont use 112 into egg summon anymore because it's not as reliable as we thought. Now we usually just go for 33 restand or 33 into a +19 knockdown

EDIT:CORRECTION YOU CAN BACKDASH OUT OF THE STANDING RESET BUT U STILL CAN CALL FACEHUGGER IF U READ IT. Also , f1234 catches backdashes after a hkd setup. AND you can put the facehugger BEHIND them if they backdash lol. ON TOP Of that, u can EX the egg summon if they backdash and it will trigger ... rip backdash
f134 does not catch kano. putting the hugger behind just means he will backdash and block low we cant use overhead its too far. i dont know what hard knockdown your using but backdash does escape ex egg mid you have to use far. we have to run after him and 50/50, which is a read and probably not reactable.

he can backdash upball, backdash normal ball. which punishes our run in. not even a read for him he can see it and react

you should lab this stuff before posting, or at least tell me which hkd your using so i can check it.

OK now you got me looking. MIGHT aswell be variationless against strong backdashers. Backdash then NJP and the crawler will NEVER hit and your safe. I mean whos running at Quan or CSZ

RIP backdash?

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
People are really sleeping on Konjurer hard.
Ive won a lot of matchups with it. Besides people forget you can also summon facehugger out the egg with a second input of the special. The hard to blockables are great if you practice it enough. A lot you can do with the summoning.
Also.. Sonic mopped a Tarkatan with Acidic...just saying.

x TeeJay o

f134 does not catch kano. putting the hugger behind just means he will backdash and block low we cant use overhead its too far. i dont know what hard knockdown your using but backdash does escape ex egg mid you have to use far. we have to run after him and 50/50, which is a read and probably not reactable.

he can backdash upball, backdash normal ball. which punishes our run in. not even a read for him he can see it and react

you should lab this stuff before posting, or at least tell me which hkd your using so i can check it.
i was labbing it that's why i edited the post lol. and obviously know he can backdash and block but he's still in range for b3 tail flip mixup if u run. u don't even have to run u can dash and u make it seem like upball is unpunishable most people wont even take that risk. And f234 DOES catch kano's backdash on wakeup i tested it like 3 times

EDIT: also dude either the game is bugged or im going crazy, i did f234 ex crawl b11u4 ex fh MID and kano was set to BD, it triggered

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
i was labbing it that's why i edited the post lol. and obviously know he can backdash and block but he's still in range for b3 tail flip mixup if u run. u don't even have to run u can dash and u make it seem like upball is unpunishable most people wont even take that risk. And f234 DOES catch kano's backdash on wakeup i tested it like 3 times
what kind of hacks do you have to summon egg and f234 to catch kano? its literally nowhere near. check my original post, backdash njp and our egg might aswell not be there we would probably just use drone for a cool 7%

it might trigger off b11up4 mid but we sacrifice damage sadly. edit. no nowhere near activating

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

what kind of hacks do you have to summon egg and f234 to catch kano? its literally nowhere near. check my original post, backdash njp and our egg might aswell not be there we would probably just use drone for a cool 7%
After f234 ex crawl i did 112 fh and he was set to BD i did f234 again and it caught him . im gonna get on now and try to duplicate to get clips

x TeeJay o

it might trigger off b11up4 mid but we sacrifice damage sadly. edit. no nowhere near activating
i have video of the backdash triggering the fh but looks like the f234 doesnt connect after hkd. maybe i did something else my bad

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Doesn't mean 50/50, easily reactable. I have shit reactions and can block it 90% of the time.
Arent they around the same speed with similar animation, but even so alien gets a fifty if he hits you with a rekka and he does have a mixup out of them so.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
omg lol you know what i meant, like why even try to argue that, he gets a mixup out of his rekka.
Arent they around the same speed with similar animation, but even so alien gets a fifty if he hits you with a rekka and he does have a mixup out of them so.
its not arguing semantics here, a 50/50 IS mix-up, and there is still no mixup. You block low, react to the overhead. Bam, Alien never gets through with anything, and if he tried it guess what he just made himself punishable. I mean, he can change the buttons he pressed but its not a mix-up, its a gimmick that will only catch people who havent labbed the MU.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
its not arguing semantics here, a 50/50 IS mix-up, and there is still no mixup. You block low, react to the overhead. Bam, Alien never gets through with anything, and if he tried it guess what he just made himself punishable. I mean, he can change the buttons he pressed but its not a mix-up, its a gimmick that will only catch people who havent labbed the MU.
very true.

i block Tarkatan Rekka oh and low, after 1 day of Sets.

And i have Old Man reactions ;)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I can't say for sure that they're 100% equal, but I think all of them pose their own unique benefits to the point that, if you're going to be an Alien player, you absolutely ought to master all 3 variations.
Konjurer is not to be taken lightly. Noooooo...he's like a different version of Summoner Quan with Puggles and the Runes in that he wants the get the hugger on screen so he can distract you from dodging the Drone. Shit can get scary.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Lol @ BRC having better normals than alien
I dont know what your laughing at, look at the frame data the normals are beyond shit. god people are annoying.

d1 is awesome. up3 is best anti air. b3 is epic. f1 is good. d4 is ok but hella negative. everything else is ass. infact in tournament these are the only moves you will see an alien do. f4 only in vortex or jump in.

I GOT HANDS

I can't say for sure that they're 100% equal, but I think all of them pose their own unique benefits to the point that, if you're going to be an Alien player, you absolutely ought to master all 3 variations.
Konjurer is not to be taken lightly. Noooooo...he's like a different version of Summoner Quan with Puggles and the Runes in that he wants the get the hugger on screen so he can distract you from dodging the Drone. Shit can get scary.
its going to be hype as hell to watch someone who has mastered this variation

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Tarkatan is the best, Acidic is jusssst behind it and Konjurer (which honestly might secretly be the best) is not as good as the others for me at the moment.

Tarrrrrrk issssss stuuuuuupid

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
i get that but you still have to worry about them waking up. and destroying the guess work and your egg. i use the 112 egg set up and get blown up all the time for it. it just doesnt seem like good enough tools. i REALLY want to be wrong but the fact you can't do another egg in a combo seems like crap to me
For wakeups, i use ex flip and ex db3 after 112 xx egg, if i bait it, and i do ex flip or ex db3 on their wakeup because i'm pretty sure it works and catches them in the facehug.
Edit: Which is also a mixup btw, so even if the opponent doesn't wakeup, you still get that mixup, and if they opponent respects the egg, they have to block 2 mixups in a row which are REALLY fast.
And the facehug makes them safe.
And i'm talking about MB armored wakeups btw.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
you are right.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
The only hard part about reacting to the block is that if you get hit with 1+3 on block, Alien is at -5 at the worst. Normally you can duck 1+3 and full combo punish but to be trying to block two things and react that fast in order to duck would be nuts. Just an added mind game thing. Then if you start just making hard reads you'll get blown up by a low or conditioned into actually getting hit by the OH. Happens even after I break down the MU

I GOT HANDS

The only hard part about reacting to the block is that if you get hit with 1+3 on block, Alien is at -5 at the worst. Normally you can duck 1+3 and full combo punish but to be trying to block two things and react that fast in order to duck would be nuts. Just an added mind game thing. Then if you start just making hard reads you'll get blown up by a low or conditioned into actually getting hit by the OH. Happens even after I break down the MU
just FYI you can't duck the 1+3 unless they try to go for plus frames, if they go for the -5 complete safety, it jails into it the final hit.

I find blocking it was as straight forward as this. Block low, focus on option selecting the gaps, and outside of that block Overhead if I see Alien's feet leave the ground in a leap.