What's new

what is a reset

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I found the answer, too, so I'll post this to you. The reset is the cancellation of the current combo in hope to create a new combo. This is a 50/50 gamble, because the opponent might think of what you're doing and he might block this instant to prevent you to create the new combo against him. This reset is like a lengthening of the damage there.

Good luck.

I found the answer, too, so I'll post this to you. The reset is the cancellation of the current combo in hope to create a new combo. This is a 50/50 gamble, because the opponent might think of what you're doing and he might block this instant to prevent you to create the new combo against him. This reset is like a lengthening of the damage there.

Good luck.
did u watch my video

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
did u watch my video
I did. The video isn't enough to explain the guys what the reset is. You could use a bit of text to clarify things out a bit. :)

I was just answering your question in the thread's headline.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
When a character eats a combo, the game triggers a system called "damage scaling" which with after the first blow, every other guaranteed blow that hits the opponent in the same chain will starting to deal less and less damage until you let them stand to nullify the effect giving them a chance to defend.

When you intentionally drop the scaling in hope to start another combo, if you succeed the scale restarts from the beginning counting as a new combo, this is what a reset is.

The most recent character who could get a guaranteed combo from a reset was MK9 Cyrax due the unblockable bombs, he had ways to put you into it without chances of escaping making a freaking broke character with death combos on guaranteed inescapable resets.

When a character eats a combo, the game triggers a system called "damage scaling" which with after the first blow, every other guaranteed blow that hits the opponent in the same chain will starting to deal less and less damage until you let them stand to nullify the effect giving them a chance to defend.

When you intentionally drop the scaling in hope to start another combo, if you succeed the scale restarts from the beginning counting as a new combo, this is what a reset is.

The most recent character who could get a guaranteed combo from a reset was MK9 Cyrax due the unblockable bombs, he had ways to put you into it without chances of escaping making a freaking broke character with death combos on guaranteed inescapable resets.
from what u can tell from my video was what i was doing a reset.