What's new

Question What is a good secondary character for ba?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Qwark28 Interesting. Why do you feel Scorpion is 7-3 minimum? BA has such great mobility and yes teleport is a pain to deal w/, but I don't think it's 7-3. I'm not even convinced Scorpion wins the MU to be honest. BA can punish Scorpion VERY hard for a blocked teleport. If BA also makes a good read and divekicks over hellfire, he's eating damage as well. Scorpion is all around good, I still think BA is a better overall char and Scorpion has to take more risks to win than BA does

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 Interesting. Why do you feel Scorpion is 7-3 minimum? BA has such great mobility and yes teleport is a pain to deal w/, but I don't think it's 7-3. I'm not even convinced Scorpion wins the MU to be honest. BA can punish Scorpion VERY hard for a blocked teleport. If BA also makes a good read and divekicks over hellfire, he's eating damage as well. Scorpion is all around good, I still think BA is a better overall char and Scorpion has to take more risks to win than BA does
I think that after playing PL.

Scorpion can just jump, he can be braindead in this matchup.

Divekick can be punished with J3 to teleport on reaction
all of adams zoning can be punished on reaction
hellfire should never be used
no competent scorpion will teleport without meter and you will never get the punish

on paper its 5-5, when you actually play the matchup vs someone who knows how to deal with BA then BA loses 7-3 MINIMUM. AK Smarrgasm was watching the stream, I tried EVERYTHING BA has so far, nothing would work, I would make reads and would be unable to cash in my damage.

Black Adam can't zone, can't divekick, can't get in, can't stay in, can't keep or gain alifelead.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think that after playing PL.

Scorpion can just jump, he can be braindead in this matchup.

Divekick can be punished with J3 to teleport on reaction
all of adams zoning can be punished on reaction
hellfire should never be used
no competent scorpion will teleport without meter and you will never get the punish

on paper its 5-5, when you actually play the matchup vs someone who knows how to deal with BA then BA loses 7-3 MINIMUM. AK Smarrgasm was watching the stream, I tried EVERYTHING BA has so far, nothing would work, I would make reads and would be unable to cash in my damage.

Black Adam can't zone, can't divekick, can't get in, can't stay in, can't keep or gain alifelead.
I think you don't have enough experience w/the MU yet, people are STILL finding ways to beat him. Keep in mind PL is also a smart player, and a smart player w/great mixups like Scorpion is scary. Keep in mind I'm sure he has at least 1 good BA player to practice against. And every single Scorpion on planet earth will have their TP blocked at least once w/out meter, it's too good a tool not to use. This matchup requires A LOT of paying attention and patience, but I don't see it as 7-3 at all. Now if this is Scorpion vs DS, then yes, 7-3 possibly 8-2 lol. But nobody beats our dictator 7-3

LEGEND

YES!
Sinestro actually sounds like a really good backup for BA

as far as i'm aware Cyborg, GL, Superman, and Hawkgirl are BA's only semi rough MUs and Sinestro beats all of them

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think you don't have enough experience w/the MU yet, people are STILL finding ways to beat him. Keep in mind PL is also a smart player, and a smart player w/great mixups like Scorpion is scary. Keep in mind I'm sure he has at least 1 good BA player to practice against. And every single Scorpion on planet earth will have their TP blocked at least once w/out meter, it's too good a tool not to use. This matchup requires A LOT of paying attention and patience, but I don't see it as 7-3 at all. Now if this is Scorpion vs DS, then yes, 7-3 possibly 8-2 lol. But nobody beats our dictator 7-3
So how do you propose I go about this matchup? J3 can beat on reaction jumps and divekicks, you cannot AA, you cannot zone due to slow startup, you cannot pressure on wakeup without meter.

Just watch his stream.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
So how do you propose I go about this matchup? J3 can beat on reaction jumps and divekicks, you cannot AA, you cannot zone due to slow startup, you cannot pressure on wakeup without meter.

Just watch his stream.
Honestly? The only solution I've seen work is blocking and being patient. Scorpion doesn't have the best overheads (I know J3 is fantastic, but it's all about making reads). You can't sit still and just do nothing, but keep in mind as good as Scorpion is up close, we both KNOW BA is better. That's where I want my fight to be, right in my face. We both know that fucker can't be zoned, so no problem. You have to do your best to bait out the teleports and max punish. It's bait and punish, the whole fucking match and it's tedious and annoying.

I take the Scorpion beating more to PL being a great player vs the char being fucked up. It's hard, frustrating, difficult but honestly? That's how people feel fighting a very good BA, which I know you are

LEGEND

YES!
Please explain

Red Reaper Black Adam requires much more execution. Have you mained either char? I've mained both
Full Screen Sinestro wins, Superman has to deal with Trait charge and zoning. Air dash and air laser will either be traded with or beat by Impact Event

Sinestro matches Supes in footsies and has no problem walking back and blowing up dash ins

Also since Sinestro can build trait safely he will be able to get it full charged multiple times in a match. And a full charge of Trait always equals some kind of guaranteed damage. Superman has to take constant risks in order to stop trait build

LEGEND

YES!
if the flash beats sinestro how can superman not?
i don't even know what this means, but hears a small breakdown. I honestly thought everyone knew Sinestro had no issue with Supes by now

Full Screen Sinestro wins, Superman has to deal with Trait charge and zoning. Air dash and air laser will either be traded with or beat by Impact Event

Sinestro matches Supes in footsies and has no problem walking back and blowing up dash ins

Also since Sinestro can build trait safely he will be able to get it full charged multiple times in a match. And a full charge of Trait always equals some kind of guaranteed damage. Superman has to take constant risks in order to stop trait build

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i don't even know what this means, but hears a small breakdown. I honestly thought everyone knew Sinestro had no issue with Supes by now
lol okay am no superman player but if i see you charging trait i can do ground laser and you can't duck it. footsies? b13 gets full combo punished, so does arachnid, superman can bait you to doing a b13 by just dashing up, his dash is so fast, and after impact invent gets blocked doesn't superman get a free ground laser that does 6% chip or whatever and + whatever on block to get in?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Please explain

Red Reaper Black Adam requires much more execution. Have you mained either char? I've mained both

His execution is in his kombos but not in his play. I was going to pick him up to tier whore at first but he was too boring for me.

I am over exaggerating a bit but they are both simplistic straightforward dominant characters.

I used Supes to get top 8 at the first WNF but I don't like the character. I'm thinking of eventually dropping him completely from my tournament play, but I still hate Grundy and haven't had the chance to develop my main to beat him yet.

LEGEND

YES!
lol okay am no superman player but if i see you charging trait i can do ground laser and you can't duck it. footsies? b13 gets full combo punished, so does arachnid, superman can bait you to doing a b13 by just dashing up, his dash is so fast, and after impact invent gets blocked doesn't superman get a free ground laser that does 6% chip or whatever and + whatever on block to get in?
Sinestro reacts, he doesn't just throw shit out. If i'm charging trait i can cancel on reaction to a laser and either punish Supes or evade it

Impact Event is also done on reaction, if i see an air dash i get a free combo if i see a laser i can choose to evade or trade with it. Though doing it on read can be used as a conditioning tool

Also there are many ways to make Sinestro's footsies tools safe or a mix-up, its actually impossible to punish him every time without opening yourself up. And anyway, trait nullifies all weaknesses

Supes has a hard time baiting things when he HAS to stop Sinestro from building trait

Only things that suck about this MU for Sinestro are Supes' pressure when Sinestro doesn't have trait and/or meter, and backing yourself into a corner. Fear Blast can also be somewhat of a risk for Sinestro if the Superman player is willing to try the air meta-game

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Sinestro reacts, he doesn't just throw shit out. If i'm charging trait i can cancel on reaction to a laser and either punish Supes or evade it

Impact Event is also done on reaction, if i see an air dash i get a free combo if i see a laser i can choose to evade or trade with it. Though doing it on read can be used as a conditioning tool

Also there are many ways to make Sinestro's footsies tools safe or a mix-up, its actually impossible to punish him every time without opening yourself up. And anyway, trait nullifies all weaknesses

Supes has a hard time baiting things when he HAS to stop Sinestro from building trait

Only things that suck about this MU for Sinestro are Supes' pressure when Sinestro doesn't have trait and/or meter, and backing yourself into a corner. Fear Blast can also be somewhat of a risk for Sinestro if the Superman player is willing to try the air meta-game
okay give me an example of playing safe footsies against supes? without trait. and have you heard of instant air dash?

I'm not the best Scorpion, but after playing a few sets against decent Black Adams I have to disagree with the 7-3 matchup claim. It seems pretty even. If Scorpion tries to be cute with teleports he eats huge damage, and maybe I was mistiming online, but it seemed like lightning cage could blow up Scorp's vortex/oki. The only answer I found for it was backing up slightly and doing a late b2 -- is there a better punish?

ReZo

MKX
Wonder Woman hands down would be the worst matchup for BA. Go play A F0xy Grampa

I'd definitely counterpick against WW, theres just no hope for BA in that matchup imo, you have to be perfect and make ZERO mistakes while WW is allowed free everything :)

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I play Shazam, Harleen and Black Adam :eek:.
I need a rundown and zoner.
Harley seems like a good mix, plus her mixups are crazy.