What's new

What is _not_ Unlocked in Mortal Kombat XL

Hey all,

I might be buying the Xbox One version of Mortal Kombat XL , and I'm curious what skins and content are not unlocked/available by default?

I'd be buying the digital version from the Microsoft Store, not a physical retail copy, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Im not sure but possibly only arcade endings are needed mk11 has replaced my knowledge of the game lol

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Character-wise, I'd imagine Shinnok is still locked until you complete the story mode. As far as skins go, I'm unsure.

@John Grizzly That's a good question about Shinnok. For skins, I've read the Revenant ones are still locked, though of course I'm not certain.

If anyone knows, I'd love to know. If I do buy the game, I'll let everyone know!

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
There's a couple skins locked behind some accomplishments. You can find a list of what those are anywhere. But I think the skins are limited to Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Sonya and probably Jax.

Lokheit

Noob
There's a couple skins locked behind some accomplishments. You can find a list of what those are anywhere. But I think the skins are limited to Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Sonya and probably Jax.
Sub-Zero too (basically all the revenant skins, the JC Hotshot one and some more). IIRC Sub-Zero was by beating the test your might tower.

Sub-Zero too (basically all the revenant skins, the JC Hotshot one and some more). IIRC Sub-Zero was by beating the test your might tower.
Yeah, I recall that as well for Sub-Zero's. For Hotshot Johnny, Revenent's Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kitana, I recall they were unlocked via online modes. I'm assuming that hasn't changed, and no Xbox LIVE Gold, no skins?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突

@Juxtapose

@Juxtapose
Cool, thanks. I remember going by that list back in 2015 when the game launched (I own the PC version). I assume through patching and such over time, nothing has changed (that we know of)?

The game went on sale for $8.99, so I picked it up.

In terms of what is unlocked by default, not a lot. Just the DLC skin packs, as well as the mobile skins. That's a shame, as I'd assume that, like Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition before it, all the skins would be unlocked by default.

I do believe Shinnok was unlocked though without needing to play through Story Mode.