What's new

What if Injustice (Or MK11) Had A Tekken Ranking System?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Something I've always wondered but never thought to bring up before, occurred to me again seeing all the homies on Facebook getting their levels up in Tekken 7 (a game I wish I had the skill to be any good in), and I wonder...what if Injustice 2 (or more realistically MK11 since it'd be too late to instate such a thing now, but I have an idea for that), instead of pointless level ceilings and no real payoff for online grinding when there's a LOT more level and loot gains to be made farming the Multiverse...why not give it something like T7 and its Dans and fancier terms, or SFV and its color rankings?
An online ranking system that'd give the same sort of bonuses beating Multiverse planets does. Plenty of other games can balance their goodies between PvE and PvP. So further on, like maybe when the second or third wave of characters come, instead of making random drops and microtransactions the only way to access the YUGE amount of color schemes this game offers (which is already one big elaborate thing an NRS game has NEVER done before), give one away every few ranks up. It worked to make Destiny way more interesting when they improved the levels and light, and I can only imagine from a programming/patching level that it wouldn't take a LOT to tie a knot between two things that already exist: the playerbase who spends most of their time online but barely have anything to show for it because there's next to no XP to be had, and said color schemes that could one day be given a better/more entertaining way to be collected.

I don't MIND the Multiverse at all, but it seems the ratio between offline and online as far as leveling up and being rewarded for your grinding.
Juuuuust some thoughts.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've also wondered this. The Tekken ranked match system is great. You level up against people until you reach a "skill cap" and end up playing people around your skill level 90% of the time since you'll reach your level range. If you win or lose a certain amount you go up or down a rank, and can play people for as long as they'll keep accepting.

It's amazing and makes ranked very enjoyable to play and it feels "worth it" to play it where in a lot of fighters most of the time ranked is useless. And it's per character so you get to rank up different characters to your skill level with them. I thought Inj2 would have something like this where people would have ranks of "ultra hero" or "big power" or whatever they would name the ranks. Hopefully they implement it for MK11.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Tbh I'm suprised it hasn't been implemented yet. I love Tekken's ranking system it's great, makes rank mode actually seem like a competitive mode.
exaaaactly. like, other than private matches and the like, the only sure fire way to KNOW you're gonna get a balanced fight is Ranked. But in the whole history of NRS games, while Ranked has been the preferred method of some to spend their game lifespan (has definitely been mine in IJ2 more than any other title), it'd make a more sensible than usual amount of sense to actually give people the incentive to go the more pure competitive route.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
what youre describing is a component in fighting games, not party games my man sorry

Last edited:
exaaaactly. like, other than private matches and the like, the only sure fire way to KNOW you're gonna get a balanced fight is Ranked. But in the whole history of NRS games, while Ranked has been the preferred method of some to spend their game lifespan (has definitely been mine in IJ2 more than any other title), it'd make a more sensible than usual amount of sense to actually give people the incentive to go the more pure competitive route.
Yeah in this game I mostly play ranked as well. W/L means nothing as well because 90% of people I face in ranked can barely do a combo lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
what youre describing is a mode in fight games, not party games my man sorry
You really don't think Injustice could improve overall by trying to have its one most dedicated (yeah, the matchmaking is shit, but its point to exist remains) competitive modes buffed to a degree it literally had no chance of reaching before?

Aren't you like #1 or 2 on one of the online leaderboards?
What argument could you have against lengths being made to make the game better?
You wouldn't want more bang for your buck? More reward for your effort?
Yeah, it's superficial and egocentric, but so fucking what? It's mental kung fu. You should get to enjoy it every now and again.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You really don't think Injustice could improve overall by trying to have its one most dedicated (yeah, the matchmaking is shit, but its point to exist remains) competitive modes buffed to a degree it literally had no chance of reaching before?

Aren't you like #1 or 2 on one of the online leaderboards?
What argument could you have against lengths being made to make the game better?
You wouldn't want more bang for your buck? More reward for your effort?
Yeah, it's superficial and egocentric, but so fucking what? It's mental kung fu. You should get to enjoy it every now and again.
buddy you cant pay me to play nrs players more than 1 game

ft1 or ft100 you dont learn anything lul