What's new

Question - Demolition What if I told you again...

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
That Demolition is quite possibly S-tier?

I'm new to the Sonya forums, and I don't post on TYM often. My last thread was about Negative Edge, and I posted such amazing tech that even I was scared of the results after Sonya mains got a hold of it...

I expect this will likely do the same!

This is week 2 for me with Demo in the lab. With that being said, I'd like to show you Input Buffer.

This tech does not require Negative Edge enabled. Instead, you will use input buffer to actually do an EX-reload while grenades are still on screen. Here is how it works.

First, you throw your grenade. After Sonya has begun the animation of throwing the grenade but BEFORE it is active (meaning before you can detonate), you hit 1 again and hold it. At this point, you have the next input buffered

The buffer has a time limit, so you cannot hold it indefinitely. Once she has recovered from the grenade lob, while you are holding 1, hit DD+Block. This is 100% consistent. The video i posted above shows an example. you can see not only just the chip, but the amount of meter she builds as well, and thats not even including that in between grenades and EX grenades you can throw normals (I put a F+2 in there as an example. feel free to throw in 50/50's)

Extra notes: grenade into NE reload on block up close is only -8, and completely safe full screen. That means you can make reloads mid screen safe on block against almost all of the cast, and if they get hit by the stun grenade at the last second you can reload and still convert into a full combo

Can't wait for next week's thread :D

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
So.... if you combined this tech with negative edge... Is it possible to jail grenade explode into EX grenades (2 call back), negative edge grenade throw (delayed detonate), EX grenades (3 grenades)? Basically what you do in the video except negative edge throw the grenade after the first EX DD1. Or is there a gap there no matter what? If that can jail... lol.

Jolt

Uprise
@Gustavness I'm just going to need you to have my babies. Go ahead and have your way with me because I'm yours.

No homo.

Thank you for the contributions

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
So.... if you combined this tech with negative edge... Is it possible to jail grenade explode into EX grenades (2 call back), negative edge grenade throw (delayed detonate), EX grenades (3 grenades)? Basically what you do in the video except negative edge throw the grenade after the first EX DD1. Or is there a gap there no matter what? If that can jail... lol.
I'm only providing the tech. What you do with it...well, that's up to you ;)

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I'm only providing the tech. What you do with it...well, that's up to you ;)
True. And we all very much appreciate it.

If you ever get bored with Demo Sonya, you should look into Spec Ops Cassie. She's got hidden dirt for sure. Dualist Kang, Hunter Predator and Imposter Shinnok as well. For the time being though, this Demo Sonya stuff is fantastic, she's a secondary of mine (maybe now a main) so much appreciated you breaking her lol.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I've been destroying grandmasters with demo sonya for a while now, if you guys get her nerfed with all this exposure i'm gonna flip and turn into a serial killer

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
This also works with EX grenades e.g. df1~1 db+blk

EDIT: and if you're fast enough you can do all 3 in one button hold e.g. df1~1 db+blk dd+blk

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Here we go again.....
Mournful seems so.boring compared to all foolishness. The best dirt I got so far is a side-switch wake-up bait tech. Ya.ll mofos overhere breaking the game and shit. Jeez..

Calm down.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Has this been nerfed? I can't do it. lol
Input buffer was removed when they recoded characters for KP2. I should have probably held onto this tech until after that dropped, this was legit busted. there were some ugly, ugly things you could do with it :p

I blame NRS and their testers.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Input buffer was removed when they recoded characters for KP2. I should have probably held onto this tech until after that dropped, this was legit busted. there were some ugly, ugly things you could do with it :p

I blame NRS and their testers.
That's sad. :(