What's new

What if everyone gets Terminator's hop KB?

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
This probably isn't an original thought, but I personally think the whole roster should get the u2 under pokes KB like terminator has. I feel like it could change the meta of just throwing out d3's and d4's mindlessly. Lemme know whachu think.

djynn

hsu hao main
I'd be for it because most short hops it seems like are used to bait so you can hit a low attack. I'd like to see a punish for people that mash the fuck out of their pokes besides just spam d2 and hope they grab lol. Plus it would be an around the board buff so i don't think it would be all that harmful

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Looking back on this idea, I feel like it would only work if it did the same amount of dmg (9%) and just popped up. I've since understood this game a little better.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
i agree it should be universal. The krushing blow system should be universal regardless.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think I'd rather have everyone having a hop kick or hop punch KB over some of the stupidly easy ones some characters have tbh. I do agree with most that the KB system needs to be universal for everyone or simply don't have them in the game at all.

This is how krushing blows should’ve been in retrospect:

-short hop KB for all chars
-D2 KB for all chars (but D2 more unsafe)
-back throw KB after escape failed for all chars
-KB launch if last hit “x” connects from one specific 7-9 frame high starter string for all chars
-KB no launch if one specific 11-14f mid starter string punishes or counters for all chars

KBs should be standardized (but then, so should jump-in hitboxes, d2s, u3/u2s, etc), with special exceptions called out (this person is a grappler, so they get throw KBs both ways, this person has worse frame data but better KBs to make them feel more like a planner).

Not this utterly random 'I like Liu Kang so he should have throw KBs and Geras should get 300+ KBs just for breathing, because fuck everyone' design, rather than following some established guidelines.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
It's as if NRS is just adding shit into the game just to add it. Why is Terminator the only one with a short hop KB? Why is Spawn the only one who can crush breakaway attempts? These should be universal mechanics, should they not? Just because said character happened to be the next to release when you thought of the idea, doesn't mean they're the only one who should have access to the mechanic. It's just so arbitrary.

Not everyone needs to be able to do everything. But when there IS one unique thing for a character, I do wish there was a logic as to WHY they are the only one with it. Like, how are Terminators known for their athletic hops?

Wouldn't this mean everyone would also need to have the same hop range, etc as well? Some characters have a lot of reach on their hops.