What's new

'What if?' Ed Boon entertains the idea of a Marvel equivalent to Injustice

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
First off, if you already don't like the idea of "what ifs" and "imagine if", then you probably shouldn't even read or comment on this article. However, if you are willing to exercise your imagination regarding "if" NetherRealm Studios ever got the opportunity to produce a Marvel equivalent to Injustice: Gods Among Us. Please, read on...

Through the same source that reported that Darkseid would be a new playable character in the mobile version of Injustice, WasDuk they also had a user-submitted image of the Marvel character Phoenix. Immediately, we will inform you that this image is fake and produced only out of fantasy in regards to a "What if Phoenix was in Injustice?". While obviously Marvel is completely separate from the DC Universe and owned by Disney, it makes one wonder if this would be a possibility down the road? After all, there has been speculation that Capcom may have lost the license to use Marvel characters. While we have no proof on this, it is again just speculation.

To end this before we get to the fan-made images of Phoenix in Injustice (mobile version), when Creative Director, Ed Boon was asked about his interest in making a Marvel equivalent to Injustice:
injmarvel.jpg

Fan-made images:
injphoenix.jpg
injphoenix1.jpg

We're in fantasyland, sure. However, you gotta admit if NetherRealm had the authority to produce a Marvel fighting game equivalent to Injustice... it would be SICK. Post your thoughts!

Images via WasDuk

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i would love if they did one just need to put alot of characters in it like the less know ones maybe like deadpool lol and moonknight and others

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
DC and Marvel have collabed in the past (and recently) so it's not outta the question but I think WB/Disney would put up too many road blocks. That said I welcome ANY game that has Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) playable.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
News Editor
Any particular reason or it just doesn't click? Also note that New 52 is awful (beyond a select few titles) so if you're starting there it's baaaaaaaaaad.
Like REALLY baadddd

I'd main Daredevil or Black Panther. That Phoenix pic is sick as fuck

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Premium Supporter
Pls don't NRS. Mahvel brings out the worst in people.

PR Balrog was a nice guy until he played Mahvel. Then he started pulling out controllers to DQ players.

Noel Brown punched a man in a cast who was heckling him.

The list goes on. Pls don't NRS. We are already a bunch of cynical dicks with Injustice.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

PR Balrog was a nice guy until he played Mahvel. Then he started pulling out controllers to DQ players.

The list goes on. Pls don't NRS. We are already a bunch of cynical dicks with Injustice.
Noel Brown punched a dude who made fun of his dead mother and broke the picture of her he carried around with him.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Premium Supporter
DC and Marvel have collabed in the past (and recently) so it's not outta the question but I think WB/Disney would put up too many road blocks. That said I welcome ANY game that has Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) playable.
She's Captain Marvel now, hence the Shazam name change, but you are right

cyke_out

Noob

I doubt that has anything to do with marvel comics and the characters and more to do with the gameplay of the VS series- if it has anything to do with it at all.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Premium Supporter
Screw all this make the Almagam FG. It's Marvel X DC anyway, then we get to see Dark Claw (Wolverine and Batman) and Princess Ororo of Themyscira (Storm and Wonderwoman) or my favorite two Dr.StrangeFate (Dr.Strange and Dr. Fate) and Doctor Doomsdays (Do I even need to say who these are?)

Last edited: