What's new

What happened to truth and light?

i was in the lab with tnl again and this varation is not bad, its unplayable in its current state. if the move is not broken like jo push Amp, which has random whiffing issues on top of its consistent whiffing issues, its benefit is infinitesimal. yes lightning rod, i'm looking at you. a set-up that guarantees a projectile on block at the cost of time and your staff. woo-hoo. if they dont fix jo push and buff lightning rod with aftermath, they obviously dont gaf.

DeftMonk

Noob
They will probably do another “give raiden infinite combo for 2 days then nerf”. That way when people say “what about raiden??” Nrs can just be like yo we made u so good omg chill.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
i was in the lab with tnl again and this varation is not bad, its unplayable in its current state. if the move is not broken like jo push Amp, which has random whiffing issues on top of its consistent whiffing issues, its benefit is infinitesimal. yes lightning rod, i'm looking at you. a set-up that guarantees a projectile on block at the cost of time and your staff. woo-hoo. if they dont fix jo push and buff lightning rod with aftermath, they obviously dont gaf.
Lies and Darkness was clearly never tested just by the fact that when it was released, you could not even use Lightning Bolt which is a move thats part of Lightning Rod's abilities and they had to move it.

They literally tossed dice at the wall and put random shit together.

Even now, Jo Push can't be used when Lightning Rod is active.

Jo Push, the 2 slot move that whiffs and is harder to combo on then most launchers.

Even now, Jo Push can't be used when Lightning Rod is active.
He doesn't have the rod, so it makes sense. Although i guess instead of having to recall it, which is somewhat useless, they could have the rod automatically recall when you do a Jo Push if it's out, just without the animation.

You won't ever lose Jo Push if it's done like that but may cause more issues because of it. Does he also lose F1,1,2 if the rod's out?

Jo Push, the 2 slot move that whiffs and is harder to combo on then most launchers.
Yeah, that needs to be fixed. Not sure why it's so hard to make sure he teleports next to the opponent?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's strange that they adjusted the damage for T&L. The damage was never the issue, it was that Jo Push wasn't that great a launcher, and lightning Rod wasn't out long enough to work as an actual setup.

ValeDJ

Noob
Not sure if this is of any use...a little situational...

This still works even with the new patch and hit box issues with db2 in T&L and Raijin.

I've been punishing with 21bf3 amp ~ db2. The db2 has to be delayed to some degree. If you delay the db2 too long, you'll get the splat with Raiden just outside a d4 distance. Time it right and you'll get the "splat" with the opponent right at your feet.

As they will more than likely not delay wake up, a good meaty b12 will hit. I've caught a few people out with this. I've yet to try options with this "false" oki, but I have a feeling a b2 check or b31 launcher can be thrown into the mix here.

Will try and get some damage info together and some videos. Anything to help V3!

i feel like the better combo connection on db2 helps him. you can just use that as ender after bf3 amp and dont have to worry about inconsistencies, it works from every starter. im actually picking him up now because hes not unplayable anymore.