What's new

What Gaming Platforms Have/Do You Own

There's been some threads and discussions lately regarding the current generation consoles and the upcoming generation, and this got me thinking to all the gaming platforms I've owned in my life time. I'm curious what everyone has and currently owns.

For me, the list goes:

• SEGA Master System
  • Nintendo Game Boy (At my parent's place)
  • Nintendo Entertainment System (used, and sold the Master System to buy it. Still own it to this day and it works)
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (used, at my parents place, and it still works)
  • PC (I recall it was Pentium with an ATi Mach 32 graphics card. We bought it in 1996)
  • PC (I recall it had a 3DFX Voodoo III, bought in 1999)
  • PC (My first GeForce, but I can't perfectly recall which one. Bought in 2002)
  • Xbox with Controller-S (bought in Fall 2004, and I still own it and it works to this day)
  • PC (Pentium-D, another GeForce card but I forget which one. Bought in 2006)
  • Xbox 360 Pro (The DVD drive died after nine months, and I got a refurb from Microsoft. Over the years, the same thing happened twice more, and I got a refurb each time, though not always complimentary. Bought the original back in Fall 2006)
  • PlayStation Portable God of War Limited Edition (Bought in 2008 I believe, and sold it to my best friend several months later)
  • PlayStation Vita (Bought in late Spring 2012, and still own it)
  • Xbox 360 E (My last Xbox 360 Pro refurb gave me the three flashing red lights and was long out of warranty, so I replaced it with this. Still own this console and it works just fine. Bought in Fall 2013)
  • PC (Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz, 8 GB Ram, nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB, Windows 8.1. I still own this PC as my primary system, though I upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free and upgraded the hardware. Bought in April 2014)
  • Upgraded the above PC with an additional 8 GB Ram and a nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G (Bought these upgrades in March 2019, and this is my primary gaming platform)
  • Xbox One X (bought in Fall 2019)
I've spent most of my adult life gaming on PC, followed by Xbox 360. How about you?

• Atari 2600
  • PC for a long time (starting with a 486, and first played MK1 on that PC, but stopped playing PC games maybe sometime after WarCraft 3 was released. Been through about 5(?) since. Still on a build from 2011... really need to upgrade)
  • Dreamcast (bought 2nd hand)
  • Xbox
  • Xbox360
  • XboxOne
Only issue i had with a console was the Dreamcast where the power supply pins needed to be "tweaked" after having it for some time. Last I recall it was still working.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
NES (gave to cousin when i got SNES)
SNES
Gameboy
N64 X2
PlayStation (traded in)
Dreamcast
Xbox
Wii
Gamecube
Gameboy Advanced-Player (hooks up to Gamecube to play GB, GBA and GBC on normal TV)
PS2
PS3
XboxOne

Zviko

Noob
-Nintendo, I think it was SNES version.
-Gameboy
-PC, got my first when I was 5 or 6 with like a million games but I only played MK1. I had MK2-4 too but I was so amazed with MK1 I didn't even check what else was there lol.
-PS2
-Xbox 360
-PS4

Most of my gaming was on PC though cause all my friends were on PC. Then most of them stopped gaming and I switched to PS4 in 2015 I think. I was never serious with Xbox360. I bought a used one from a friend, got jailbreak on it then sold it couple of months later to another friend. My PS4 broke in August so I'm back on PC till I get a new one.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Wii (3 unlocks left for Mario Kart Wii, WAHOOOOO)(Mkwii is hell btw)
Wii U (TRADING IN AT GAME-STOP SOON AS I CAN THOUGH)
Xbox 360, same as Wii U
Xbox one, Bought it with Killer instinct
xbox one X, because HALO Is something Gamers should experience AT-LEAST 1 TIME with friends/ Family splitscreen
And soon, a new Switch, so I can Dominate Mk8d and smash ultimate lobbies again

Last edited:
We've got more "older" gamers here than I thought, very cool!

@theotherguy My childhood best friend had an Atari 2600, and we played the snot out of it.

@Jynks I didn't think to list phones since I'm not big on mobile (phone) gaming, but it would certainly count!

@Zviko Is your PlayStation 4 under warranty at all, or would a repair/replacement be cheaper through Sony than a new purchase?

@NaughtySenpai After I got my first PC I had no more interest in consoles until late 2004. I found I wasn't keen on the direction PC gaming was going in at that time, as most of the developers I liked were shifting focus to consoles, specifically the Xbox, and what was left on PC was mostly MMOs and non-Blizzard Entertainment RTSes, which I had no interest in. So I went over to Xbox. I personally found PC gaming was very weak for a while, but made a resurgence again early this decade and has been dominant again for a long time now.

@Ck AeroVoid That would definitely have been the best launch title for the platform. Did you ever play the original Killer Instinct? If not, what got you into the franchise?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
We've got more "older" gamers here than I thought, very cool!

@theotherguy My childhood best friend had an Atari 2600, and we played the snot out of it.

@Jynks I didn't think to list phones since I'm not big on mobile (phone) gaming, but it would certainly count!

@Zviko Is your PlayStation 4 under warranty at all, or would a repair/replacement be cheaper through Sony than a new purchase?

@NaughtySenpai After I got my first PC I had no more interest in consoles until late 2004. I found I wasn't keen on the direction PC gaming was going in at that time, as most of the developers I liked were shifting focus to consoles, specifically the Xbox, and what was left on PC was mostly MMOs and non-Blizzard Entertainment RTSes, which I had no interest in. So I went over to Xbox. I personally found PC gaming was very weak for a while, but made a resurgence again early this decade and has been dominant again for a long time now.

@Ck AeroVoid That would definitely have been the best launch title for the platform. Did you ever play the original Killer Instinct? If not, what got you into the franchise?
a while after, and... it was just weird... did not care for (Definitive edition is how)
I am not sure, My dad brought my brother and I to our Local gamestop, and I was looking for a cool multiplayer game. KI just caught me eye.
We also got a cod (Bo3 maybe?) (there all the same sooo.....)

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I'll bite:

Commodore 64
Atari
486x PC (Commander Keen b o y s)
NES
Gameboy
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
PS3
PS2 (got this way later in life)
PS4
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Switch

Mini-SNES - never had the original, though we did rent it on weekends from our local video store. we ended up renting sega genesis once, and that's the system my parents decided on buying us -_-. We also rented 32X and Sega Saturn from blockbuster quite a bit.

My current computer (built by my brother in law) is a gaming PC though I couldn't begin to tell you what it is / specs. I've only ever downloaded Q3 Arena on steam once lol. I have played 3S using Fightcade quite a bit though.

Zviko

Noob
It's not under warranty anymore but it's actually quite cheap to fix it apparently. It was a lightning strike but the console still powers up, it's just black screen no matter what cable or monitor I try. So their guess is it's either HDMI port or chip. And it's only 70-80€ to fix it but I don't know. I might just save up for PS5 anyway. Maybe I'll trade it in then if it means I'll get it a bit cheaper.