What's new

What finishers you wanna see make a return?

What finishers would you like to see in the game?

• Fatalities

• Stage Fatalities

• Babalities

• Friendship

• Brutalities (like in MKX)

• original Brutalities

• Animalities

• Hara-Kiri

• new ones

Results are only viewable after voting.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
btw guys i thought of an interesting way to pull a hara-kiri so its not annoying for your opponent, to do a hara-kiri it requires to take the first hit of the final round u played + 2ex meters. Because if u are able to do it like in the older games then you don't let your opponent do his finisher

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
MKX brutalities were the hypest shit to ever happen to fighting games and need to come back
agreed. I think they have beefed them up in some way. We see a brutality in the cgi trailer... so we know it is in centre stage now. I do not think we will ever see a MK without them from now on. Time will tell but it would be nice to have them dynamic somehow... like when FPS added body location damage and rag doll phycis.. so shooting in the arm or leg made them fall in a way that looked like you shot them there.

The problems with brutalities was the requirements system... there is maybe tons of brutalities still not found yet we saw liu kang break the guys neck while punching his face a billion times. So some kind of dynamic way to do it so it is less repeatable and more interesting would be awesome!

Brutalities were the best finishers in MKX -- knocking heads off and breaking backs with Jason, or pounding skulls to mush with Goro, never got old.

However, I'd probably want the restrictions either removed outright, or implemented more thoughtfully. That is, they should either be a reward for winning two rounds straight, playing well by some measure or specific to something about the character; rather than having to spam a certain attack five times or the like.

The ability to finish with style should not impinge on being able to play with style. Frankly, I'd like to see the Brutalities be like some old school "super desperation move", with a more complex input scheme. That would imbue the mechanic with a certain degree of cachet -- as bottom-feeder casuals would not have access to them. After all, Fatalities et al. would still be there (complete with insulting easy input option :rolleyes:). Some stuff should be left for veterans and those willing to learn...

(*I also want Kahn's "part the meat curtains" Fatality and "American History X" X-ray back... Absolutely loved those in MK2011.)

TamedLizard

Buff George
Every character having a unique Hara Kiri in place of a Quitality would be dope.

Brutalities in MKX were amazing and still are. Glad they're coming back. And I wouldn't be surprised if they saw 11 as an opportunity to bring back Friendships as well.

In any case, Fatalities and Brutalities are in, so I'm satisfied.

Jynks

The ability to finish with style should not impinge on being able to play with style. Frankly, I'd like to see the Brutalities be like some old school "super desperation move", with a more complex input scheme. That would imbue the mechanic with a certain degree of cachet -- as bottom-feeder casuals would not have access to them. After all, Fatalities et al. would still be there (complete with insulting easy input option :rolleyes:). Some stuff should be left for veterans and those willing to learn...
there isn't much that is as obnoxious as gaming elitism.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Brutalities are a must. Babalities should make a return considering what was required to achieve it back in MK9

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If they would incorporate Sub-Zero’s spine rip fatality into a brutality I would be fucking psyched, like he just ends a normal combo by grabbing them by the neck and tearing out their spine, it can’t be that hard for them to do and would be very satisfying to pull off

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Brutalities were interesting. Friendship would be nice to have.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Fatalities, of course. And Stage Fatalities as well!

I liked Friendships and would like to see them return in a proper way, not like the odd mix with Babality in MK9. I very much dislike Babalities, didn't think they were funny in the older games, didn't think they were funny in MK9, so I hope not to see it return.

I liked the old-school Brutalities, and was admittedly kinda triggered when they re-used the name for the MKX Brutalities. Because I felt that meant the old-school ones had been tossed in the trash forever, which makes me sad. I liked the old-school ones because they remind me of Killer Instinct's Ultra Combos, and I'd love to see something like that return for MK again.

However, I do indeed love the MKX Brutalities too! It feels very cool when you're able to pull it off and I'd definitely want to see it again in MK11. I just wish they were called something else... not sure what though.

Hara-Kiris were fun too, would like to see them again. Kinda made it a final little battle with the opponent to see if they could pull off their Fatalities before you were able to pull off the Hara-Kiri, and vice versa.

I was never a fan of Animalities. It was just kinda stupid and bad, imo. I could see Nightwolf be able to turn into a wolf, as part of shamanistic spirit powers, and thought it never made any sense, Liu Kang turning into the MK Dragon is just kinda iconic by now... but that's it. Scorpion turning into a scorpion in MK4 was just non-sensical... yes he's called Scorpion, but it's never been part of his powerset to be able to turn into one. I just prefer when the finishers makes sense for the characters to do, even though they are non-canonical.

I'm curious to see what will be in MK11 though. And if NRS comes up with something new, that'd be cool too.

Jynks

In torny mode they should make it unable to skip fatalities, brutalities and x-rays

Rizz091

Noob
I think it'd be funny if a "quitality" now became a hara kiri. If the dude quits, his character just kills himself.

there isn't much that is as obnoxious as gaming elitism.
This will be the googolth (1.0 x 10¹ºº) time we have encountered that wholly generic and predictable rejoinder; and, rest assured, were are becoming exceedingly efficient at lambasting it.

>everything seems "elitist" when viewed from the gutter

Jynks

This will be the googolth (1.0 x 10¹ºº) time we have encountered that wholly generic and predictable rejoinder; and, rest assured, were are becoming exceedingly efficient at lambasting it.

>everything seems "elitist" when viewed from the gutter
Saying something simply, that speaks truth, weighs more than a thousand words which complicate to speak of nothing at all. - Buda

>Jerks can justify anything, except for why they act like jerks to begin with - aJynks

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If they would incorporate Sub-Zero’s spine rip fatality into a brutality I would be fucking psyched, like he just ends a normal combo by grabbing them by the neck and tearing out their spine, it can’t be that hard for them to do and would be very satisfying to pull off
It'd be dope, if the Brutality was ended with the opponent being frozen, and then special-threw, like you throw the IK. This guy would be shattered, so this would truly mean SZ's words, "I will shatter you."