What's new

What Fighting Game Series Would You Want To Return?

leoj89

Noob
Bloody Roar with an NRS budget.
Killer Instinct as a multi plat.

MK Trilogy rebalanced , glitches fixed and modern NRS netkode

Edit: didn't know how old this thread was and also it warms my heart to see all the BR replies. All these years thought I was alone.

Last edited:

skater11

The saltiest
Primal Rage on todays graphics and fighting game advancements.
Also tmnt's fighting game from SNES era.
Clay fighter. My god so many good fighters that would be good

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
For real and I was a Larcen main too lol. Series would be a great reboot. My picks:

1. Eternal Champions
2. Weaponlord
3. Bushido Blade
4. Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasai
Awesome :cool:

Bushido Blade, is that the one where you can cut down bamboo as you fight? I loved that game.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Bloody Roar with an NRS budget.
Killer Instinct as a multi plat.

MK Trilogy rebalanced , glitches fixed and modern NRS netkode

Edit: didn't know how old this thread was and also it warms my heart to see all the BR replies. All these years thought I was alone.
in my michael jackson voice" you are not alone"

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
For real and I was a Larcen main too lol. Series would be a great reboot. My picks:

1. Eternal Champions
2. Weaponlord
3. Bushido Blade
4. Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasai
is still havent done all the fatalities in eternal champions that game definitely needs a reboot!!!! i use to play with shadow and the guy with the trent coat lol. the swamp thing character was good too lol. there was a glitch in bushido blade that if your sword touches the opponent after you kill them blood would be pouring out lol it was hilarious!!!!

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I wonder if someone remembers this:

"Brutal Unleashed"

I only owned Brutal: Paws of Fury for the snes and always wanted to play as Karate Croc but never could.
;_;

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I had that for PC! XD
Played the fox girl, but I never figured out how to do special moves.
You had to input the commands very slowly, like: back, neutral, down, neutral, forward, neutral, button (or something like that). I liked a lot of chars, never have a favorite, but always wanted to play as croc, but he wasn't in the snes version.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
You had to input the commands very slowly, like: back, neutral, down, neutral, forward, neutral, button (or something like that). I liked a lot of chars, never have a favorite, but always wanted to play as croc, but he wasn't in the snes version.
I only had the keyboard to play on PC back then, and was used to console games at the time, so it just never clicked with me. But I was a kid back then and still had fun with it. :p

KRYS9984

Noob
Back in the mid 90's when my uncle had a 3DO we used to play "Way of The Warrior" quite a bit.

It was a Mortal Kombat style game with digitized fighters, blood, gore and finishing moves. It wasn't the greatest and suffered from some game play issues but there was still lots of fun to be had.

I always thought an update to this game would have been very cool because I was (and still am) a huge Mortal Kombat fan and appreciated the style.

The soundtrack was also killer - White Zombie - La Sexorcisto Devil Music Vol 1.

Notable mentions:

- ClayFighter
- Double Dragon V The Shadow Falls
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Eternal Champions
Thrill Kill
Skullgirls
That used to be my game! I remember it was banned in the US because of its graphic content but Uncle JBeezY had a burnt copy back in the day. And their main music song was that track where the chick says, "Ah rikikiki!" LOL memories ;)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
That used to be my game! I remember it was banned in the US because of its graphic content but Uncle JBeezY had a burnt copy back in the day. And their main music song was that track where the chick says, "Ah rikikiki!" LOL memories ;)
lol it was amazing
I always thought it was unfair what happened to the game. I know a comeback is highly unlikely, but it would be very welcomed!

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Back in the mid 90's when my uncle had a 3DO we used to play "Way of The Warrior" quite a bit.

It was a Mortal Kombat style game with digitized fighters, blood, gore and finishing moves. It wasn't the greatest and suffered from some game play issues but there was still lots of fun to be had.

I always thought an update to this game would have been very cool because I was (and still am) a huge Mortal Kombat fan and appreciated the style.

The soundtrack was also killer - White Zombie - La Sexorcisto Devil Music Vol 1.

Notable mentions:

- ClayFighter
- Double Dragon V The Shadow Falls
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters
i use to love tmnt tournament fighters totally forgot about that game lol i had it for the snes fun times. clayfighter was good but what about ready to rumble and def jam fighters

KRYS9984

Noob
i use to love tmnt tournament fighters totally forgot about that game lol i had it for the snes fun times. clayfighter was good but what about ready to rumble and def jam fighters
To be honest, I never played Ready 2 Rumble or Def Jam Fighters.

With regards to fighting games, during the PS1 / Nintendo 64 era, I mostly played MK Trilogy, KI Gold, Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha and Tekken 1, 2, 3.

The whole PS2 / XBOX era completely passed me by because I never owned any of the consoles; I mostly stuck to playing Street Fighter 3rd Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2 at the arcade and Smash Bros Melee on the Gamecube.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
To be honest, I never played Ready 2 Rumble or Def Jam Fighters.

With regards to fighting games, during the PS1 / Nintendo 64 era, I mostly played MK Trilogy, KI Gold, Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha and Tekken 1, 2, 3.

The whole PS2 / XBOX era completely passed me by because I never owned any of the consoles; I mostly stuck to playing Street Fighter 3rd Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2 at the arcade and Smash Bros Melee on the Gamecube.
i played the shit out of capcom vs snk 2 i didnt appreciate street fighter 3 until later on i loved how they looked never got into the game right away. i loved alpha 1 and 2 3 was weird to me lol. mk trilogy is a classic and street fighter ex 12 were good 3 was all over the place lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Most of the big stuff has recent versions, but Virtua Fighter has been shelved for a long time.

It's a favorite if not my all time favorite. That is my answer.

I think some modern take with Darkstalkers could be cool, but unlikely.
isnt virtua fighter really complex?