What's new

What fighting game do you get the most fulfillment from?

Hello,

Question in the title... what fighting game do you get the most enjoyment/fulfilment from, and why that game in particular?

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I'd have to say mk9 or fnc because the simplicity of each back in the 2011 days. I actually still go back to both of them quite often.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Honestly the MK games. I had a bit trouble getting that feel from MKX though, but it was still the most fun I had with a fighting game at the time. Right now it's MK11.

I've always loved fighting games and play almost all of them, but it's the MK games that I keep returning to and play the most.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Usf4 or smash ultimate if it counts. Both allow for a various play styles character wise and the characters themselves have multiple ways to be played. The biggest problem with MK 11 for me is it feels like players are very similar character wise

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Tekken or SFIV

I remember trying to get down Ibuki Tsumuji loops for days felt so good to finally pull them off consistently.

Tekken or SFIV

I remember trying to get down Ibuki Tsumuji loops for days felt so good to finally pull them off consistently.
That is the one thing I find with SF5 over MK11... when I pulled off a decent combo, I felt like all the time grinding in the lab was worth it

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Since I've downloaded Sindel, I'm having the most fun in MK11 since release.

She was probably more fun in MK9, but she at least seems actually viable here, from early impressions lol

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Mortal Kombat 2 - i had lost my mind when i saw this masterpiece at the arcade days. it was like different than any other game.
The King Of Fighters 98 - are you looking for a truly balanced game? Check this one, still the best KOF in my eyes. still playing this game on my PS4.
Super Street Fighter 2 Regular Version - each button means different colors for your character? Ocean Blue Ken? Super Moves? New chars and arenas.. this game was a revolution.
Mortal Kombat 9 - i have nothing to say. i can't tell how much i love this game..
Tekken 3 - was a Real fun for PS1 days. if you are old enough to remember you can understand me.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There are lots of ways to be fulfilled. Different fighters can max out different things, and that can make it hard to just say "That ONE!"

In terms of just plain feeling rewarded for effort and getting to a point where I don't totally suck at a game, I'd say MK11. Some of that is the game, and some perhaps where I'm at. I don't know that MK11 is as rewarding in the entertainment sense as some other games, but it definitely makes me want to keep at it.

In terms of just look and feel of play, and general raw fun I might say SC6. I don't play it a lot at this point, but it's just cool, and controls really well. It's just fun to play and has cool characters and guests. As entertainment it's really rewarding all around for me.

I was really digging DOA for a moment there before MK11 came out, but nobody plays it so I just went all into MK. I felt a lot of the same reward for investment there. Some really interesting stuff lab wise. Breaking down the combo system and piecing together the different combos routes you would need to switch around between on the fly made for some fun lab work. I kind of wish there wasn't such a cloud of "fan service" around it, because it really ends up hiding something worth playing. There is a really good chance it would be my all around pick if it was more played and I had invested more.

Espio

Kokomo
Soul Calibur 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Favorite rosters, love the lore, aesthetics, music, story. Some of the only fighters I'll gladly come back to just because years later.

Gosh I miss Jade and Baraka being in the same game.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
MK2 as it was really innovative and the roster was awesome and Street Fighter 2 was really fun and was the first fighter I got into... I destroyed lots of people with Chun Li and Blanka haha. It is hard to pick between these two as they (alongside SMB, FF10 and EQ) were the most influential games in my life.

I also loved MKX mainly because the three girls in my signature were in the game and were all fun to play. Deception and MK9 would probably be equal to MKX.

MKX because I feel like I could never practice enough characters. For example, Kitana had 2 different styles of combo (fan vs glaives) and each style has like a million possibilities of combos and conversions and stuffs. Tanya, Mileena, Sonya have more explore, 3 different playstyles for each character. Triborg is even bigger....etc. That's just about combos. We also got oki, setup, armor, hitboxes, gimmick.....
In MK11 I learn like 2 bnbs of 5 characters and already feel like there's nothing to explore anymore. Then I move to the next step, remember everyone's frame data and low/overhead/command grab, which is easy because each character only has like 3 viable strings to spam the entire match anyway. And variations don't help much in this game, most characters have one viable variation, and if one has more than two viable variations, they have extremely similar playstyle (Johnny, Kitana, Geras), except for Jacqui I guess... but you get the point.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
MK, and I basically only ever play the current versions. MK11 is by far the fighting game I play the most, it is not really even close. Though I play Skullgirls as well. If the other companies spent some time developing some netcode that was 1/2 as good as NRS maybe I would play SoulCal and Bblaze and stuff.. but they don't ... so I don't.

MKX because I feel like I could never practice enough characters. For example, Kitana had 2 different styles of combo (fan vs glaives) and each style has like a million possibilities of combos and conversions and stuffs. Tanya, Mileena, Sonya have more explore, 3 different playstyles for each character. Triborg is even bigger....etc. That's just about combos. We also got oki, setup, armor, hitboxes, gimmick.....
In MK11 I learn like 2 bnbs of 5 characters and already feel like there's nothing to explore anymore. Then I move to the next step, remember everyone's frame data and low/overhead/command grab, which is easy because each character only has like 3 viable strings to spam the entire match anyway. And variations don't help much in this game, most characters have one viable variation, and if one has more than two viable variations, they have extremely similar playstyle (Johnny, Kitana, Geras), except for Jacqui I guess... but you get the point.
THIS is exactly how I feel. I've been pretty loyal with my characters over many years......Kitana and Jade were always my characters. MKX was my favorite and kitana felt so fun to play......although I was sad there was no Jade im glade I got to play and get good at Mournful. This game I've been playing Jade since beta and then tried to play Kitana but ultimately went back to Jade. This game has sucked out the love I had for Kitana. She isn't fun for me to play AT ALL......she doesn't feel like kitana to me. There is no comparison between the way she use to play and how she plays in this game. As you said people learn the same couple combos and repeat over and over. I can sometimes have "fun" playing Jades Jaded version but its not anywhere near the time and practice I put into MKX with kitana. She is super limited in what she can do with combos.

the shotos in third strike are satisfying to play. cr.mkxxsuper is in every sf game but it's more prevalent in third strike and way harder to do than in sf4 and 5.

I think that is the thing I struggle with... I can't decide if I enjoy winning online, enjoy grinding in the lab to learn advanced tech/combos or enjoy the characters/ambience of the game!

I've always done better at MK games that SFV, but I always felt more fulfilled when I won at SFV (although I sucked at that game)!

Strangely I used to love doing the trials... I've spent over an hour on some occassions just trying to complete one; I think I enjoy learn/achieving really difficult things in FGs