What's new

What does the “s” mean in kombo strings?

Hello. New to TYM. Been playing MK since the beginning, but I’m not as great as I’d like to be and I’m now getting serious about my game. I understand all the shorthand for the kombo string inputs except “s1, s3, or s4” etcetera. Does this mean starter kombo or special move? Please help me out. Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification y’all. On another note, is it better to use long, medium, or short for the timing input? Tried all three but didn’t notice a difference. But then again I’m not the best with the longer combo strings.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Thanks for the clarification y’all. On another note, is it better to use long, medium, or short for the timing input? Tried all three but didn’t notice a difference. But then again I’m not the best with the longer combo strings.
Use long. It changes the time you have to input moves. What you really wanna play around with is release check, use what works best for you.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I prefer medium, 'cause long often triggers a special on a previous 1-4 input in a string for me.
Oh damn really? Maybe that's why I get Johnny's flip kick (db3) when I'm crouching and I wanna B3 to get it. Shit, thanks for the info I'll lab this tonight.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Medium, long will fuck up some of your inputs.