What's new

What does it mean for Ivy - in a nutshell

- Yoshi no longer interrupts throw and dbf1

- df2 is 9f start up, +7on block if mb, reversal/ safe wake up move, connects with 7f d1 that allows free yoshi on hit on mid screen stains majority of cast

- b2d2~df2ex frame trap into d2b2 in the corner (male characters only, on female: bf2 DOES NOT connect, you can still mb it, but there will be a gap11~13f)

- dd1ex pushes opponent less now

- There are actual set ups with Bed of Thorns now.

- d1 combos into db2

Paulo,

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
D1 drill is a thing and drills do more damage
Bitey bash always been 9f. You have to MB to make it plus on block and it has a gap.

At least make the facts be right lol

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
Bitey bash always been 9f. You have to MB to make it plus on block and it has a gap.

D1 combos into drill now? Holy shit that’s awesome!!

Yes, it always was 9f, I just pointed it out how good it became. Put some brain cells to work, thread is called "what does it mean for IVy", but not a "previous patch notes"

Gap can be exposed with back dash only, since it jails into b2d2 in the corner, back dash is not an option.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

P.S. Added d1~db2 to the thread

xKhaoTik

Yes, it always was 9f, I just pointed it out how good it became. Put some brain cells to work, thread is called "what does it mean for IVy", but not a "previous patch notes"

Gap can be exposed with back dash only, since it jails into b2d2 in the corner, back dash is not an option.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

P.S. Added d1~db2 to the thread
How am I embarrassing myself when I dropped the facts you neglected to mention lol

You also forgot to mention that she gets d1 low and straight datura now.
B2 doesn’t jail after MB bash. I tried multiple times and at best I got the b2 to clip the jump. Never jailed tho

Yup completely embarrassing myself

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
I knew coming back to the Queen as my main was the right call. Thank you lord Paulo.

xKhaoTik

- Yoshi no longer interrupts throw and dbf1

- df2 is 9f start up, +7on block if mb, reversal/ safe wake up move, connects with 7f d1 that allows free yoshi on hit on mid screen

- b2d2~df2ex jails into d2b2 in the corner (male characters only, on female: bf2 DOES NOT connect, you can still mb it, but there will be a gap11~13f)

- dd1ex pushes opponent less now

- There are actual set ups with Bed of Thorns now.

- d1 combos into db2

Paulo,

So after further testing, you’re wrong on pretty much everything lol

I told you what you were already wrong on and now there’s more

B2D2 doesnt jail on ANYBODY after MB bash. It’s the same on males and females. Idk what you were testing but you’re way off. You can clip their jump but that’s it.

There’s no setups for thorns at all. There’s no way she can safely use it upclose since it’s too slow to use after ANY HKD. There’s more gameplay around it now but those aren’t setups.

You can DEFINITELY still get hit out of grabs if Yoshi is out, but only during the startup animation of the grab. Doesn’t knock her out during

You can Definitely backdash MB bash ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN. You can delay it to catch the backdash IN THE CORNER but you’re opening yourself up to be d1 punished or anything quick enough to stuff it. Backdash beats both options midscreen. Supers beat it clean regardless of delay or position

I feel like you got excited and just told bullshit lol

Last edited:

B2D2 doesnt jail on ANYBODY after MB bash. It’s the same on males and females. Idk what you were testing but you’re way off. You can clip their jump but that’s it.

There’s no setups for thorns at all. There’s no way she can safely use it upclose since it’s too slow to use after ANY HKD. There’s more gameplay around it now but those aren’t setups.

You can DEFINITELY still get hit out of grabs if Yoshi is out, but only during the startup animation of the grab. Doesn’t knock her out during

You can Definitely backdash MB bash ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN. You can delay it to catch the backdash IN THE CORNER but you’re opening yourself up to be d1 punished or anything quick enough to stuff it. Backdash beats both options midscreen. Supers beat it clean regardless of delay or position

Ok, now you just try to irritate.

B2D2 does jail after blocked mbDF2 in the corner. Opponent has no option but to block, if you time it right, which you obviously didn't.
You can backdash before MB, but that's another sequence.

There are worthy set ups with Bed of Thorns mb now, but seems u r not an ivy player so u can't find them and at this point, I see no point in conversation with you, since you r just a pretentious humanoid in my eyes and i don't see a reason to spend any more time on you, bb

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
- df2 is 9f start up, +7on block if mb

- b2d2~df2ex jails into d2b2 in the corner (male characters only, on female: bf2 DOES NOT connect, you can still mb it, but there will be a gap11~13f)
+7 on block but b2, an 11 frame move, jails? Is it more plus or does b2 not jail, you can't have both lol

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

You are smoking something, I can get thorns out and be plus in multiple ways. Seems like a decent option now if trait isn't available.

Its a frame trap not jailing.

Jailing means opponent cannot move/perform any action other than block.
Oh i see, you're right, my mistake

btw DF2MB sometimes doesn't push back ivy (cannot find consistent pattern yet) it means d1 will jail then and in opens more opportunities for pressure with 213, 12121

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Well, i considered jailing - is when you have no options except blocking next string, otherwise you'll get hit. Am i being wrong with terms?
.......... Jailing means there is absolutely no gap so therefore your block state is completely stuck. You cannot crouch if you started blocking it standing for example during the jailing state. :DOGE

xKhaoTik

Ok, now you just try to irritate.

B2D2 does jail after blocked mbDF2 in the corner. Opponent has no option but to block, if you time it right, which you obviously didn't.
You can backdash before MB, but that's another sequence.

There are worthy set ups with Bed of Thorns mb now, but seems u r not an ivy player so u can't find them and at this point, I see no point in conversation with you, since you r just a pretentious humanoid in my eyes and i don't see a reason to spend any more time on you, bb
It doesn’t jail.

No setups.

But you’re the same guy who tried to convince people Ivy went even with pre patch deadshot lol so clearly you’re the one who’s clueless and I’ll let you stay in your own world.

xKhaoTik

Well, i considered jailing - is when you have no options except blocking next string, otherwise you'll get hit. Am i being wrong with terms?
Its a frame trap not jailing.

Jailing means opponent cannot move/perform any action other than block.
.......... Jailing means there is absolutely no gap so therefore your block state is completely stuck. You cannot crouch if you started blocking it standing for example during the jailing state. :DOGE

That moment when you try to be a smart ass but end up looking like a dumbass instead :p

xKhaoTik

You are smoking something, I can get thorns out and be plus in multiple ways. Seems like a decent option now if trait isn't available.
Where and how? I can’t find any knockdown that’s plus enough to activate it.

Edit: just saw Penny’s video and like always, it’s flawed because that’s not guaranteed lol. She’s not plus at all after that, they can attack after she can or even jump out (which hurts them now)

So I did some testing (because you know, I like to be right) and you can do MB kiss, trait and then b2 MB thorns. She’s plus and can even attack after that.

Another edit: you don’t even have to do MB thorns. You can do regular thorns and still be plus enough to connect with any normal. If they jump, they lose the jump damage and you clip them with the normal.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

In other news (my bad for the multiple posts), Ivy got a VERY SLIGHT damage nerf

Her 504 damage combo on Supes now does 499. Nothing too major.

Her super got buffed tho. It now does 444 damage on Supes.

It doesn’t jail.

No setups.

But you’re the same guy who tried to convince people Ivy went even with pre patch deadshot lol so clearly you’re the one who’s clueless and I’ll let you stay in your own world.
I've already been corrected with frame trap instead of jailing.
Ask someone who actually plays ivy to show you set ups.
It seems you are slow on perception of information. I'll repeat 3-d time, obviously first 2 wasn't enough. I see nothing bad in been wrong and admitting it, but you don't, since u r just pretentious, so please stop spoiling my brain with your disease. Thanks in advance

xKhaoTik

It seems you are slow on perception of information. I'll repeat 3-d time, obviously first 2 wasn't enough. I see nothing bad in been wrong and admitting it, but you don't, since u r just pretentious, so please stop spoiling my brain with your disease. Thanks in advance
sToP sPoiLiNg My BrAiN wItH yOuR dIsEaSe

Says 3-D instead of 3rd.
Says been instead of being

Keep it coming buddy we can go all day lol

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Embarrassing yourself brah ..