What's new

What do you want NightWolf to be like?

D

Deleted member 35141

Remember when you used to get your big boy damage from optimized combos? Now it's just cutscenes.
Goes without saying but if he's going to be combo heavy he's going to need watered down KBs.
Your right geras doesnt get.....Oh wait

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
The only DLC character that would sell me is a combo heavy one.
I miss combos, mang.
I feel the same way, combos in MK11 are neutered completely. Obviously combos exist but its nothing like they used to be. Combos went from 40-100% to 20-30% one bar and 20-30 hit combos to 5-10 hit combos.
For the most part it feels like normal into special then ender no such thing as múltiple juggles In one combo with the majority. I'm pretty happy with Shang because he is a zoned and that's what I feel zoners should get from combo but others should have longer combos even if they do the same damage.

MK9 combo examples:

MKX combo example:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I feel the same way, combos in MK11 are neutered completely. Obviously combos exist but its nothing like they used to be. Combos went from 40-100% to 20-30% one bar and 20-30 hit combos to 5-10 hit combos.
For the most part it feels like normal into special then ender no such thing as múltiple juggles In one combo with the majority. I'm pretty happy with Shang because he is a zoned and that's what I feel zoners should get from combo but others should have longer combos even if they do the same damage.

MK9 combo examples:

MKX combo example:
You're making me cry...
See, NRS? This is hype, this is entertaining to watch. Now it's just the same bland BnB over and over, or same KB cutscene or same FB cutscene. I know FG skill should go beyond combo execution, but to be quite frank this is too simplistic. It doesn't just make the game more boring to watch, but also to play and deincentivized me from labbing as much as I should. I remember the first few days of having MKX and being super proud of myself for being able to pull of run cancel combos.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I just want him to be a rushdown character with a command grab. I hope his reflect move is a lot better than it was in MK9 or they retool it so he can move around while reflecting. Those are my biggest interests for Nightwolf is cool tomahawk attacks/launcher, shoulder charge, his shield/reflect and a command grab.

Doomsday with intelligence and grace would be lit.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
RIP

Now a 3 hit combo from a jump in does 33% damage.
They need to stop catering to casuals. If the majority can't do 30-40% combos that are somewhat difficult so be it they can practice like the rest or settle for 20-30% none optimals that are easy. The biggest thing I miss is combos.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They need to stop catering to casuals. If the majority can't do 30-40% combos that are somewhat difficult so be it they can practice like the rest or settle for 20-30% none optimals that are easy. The biggest thing I miss is combos.
Definitely. I think they increased the dmg cause there is a definite lack of combos in the game. Wish there were more combo paths for all characters.

D

Deleted member 35141

Geras is just fucking stupid and shouldn't be anywhere near a model for how balance should go going forwards.
I was going to say baraka, sonya, scorpion, Jacqui, cassie and black too but that joke would have been too long

kcd117

Noob
I think he'll be a footsie based character, with his shoulder being really fast and covering good distance, and some good normals to keep people in check in neutral, but his reflect will make him be used as an anti-zoner. I'm pretty sure he'll also have a command grab in at least one variation.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
I'm very curious about how everyone thinks Nightwolf should play or how they think he will turn out?
Will he be Rushdown, Zoner, Footsie based or Grappler or Balanced?
Do you want him to be balanced or focused on certain styles of gameplay?

Personally I think he will be either Rushdown or Grappler but I would want a Balanced style where he is good at everything but not the best at anything. Like have good pokes, close up pressure, footsie moves(shoulder and button), zoning(Air Axe that is similar to kabals air buzz saw, Wolf Charge similar to Kotals Cat or Subs Shoulder, Arrow), good anti airs with Up Axe swipe that also goes into combo, a few long ranged moves that involve his Axe as extension or spirit wolf/arrow?
They could surprise us with new abilities for NW so anything is possible.

Decent zoning, good punishment options and strong pressure game. Really looking forward to trying him because I still haven’t settled on a main that feels just right.