What's new

What do you use when they wake up next to you?

Looking for tips after knocking down opponent and they are right next to you. Seems like he is slower at close range than most. What do you guys use? :)

In the corner a universal method to cover wakeup jump, forward roll, and up3 is neutral jump kick. Midscreen you'll need to learn the hit advantage of your knockdown strings/combo enders/throws and see if you can land a meaty button afterwards

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
If they tend to wakeup instead of rolling or delaying their wakeup, I try to flawless block the wakeup and then reversal punish grab kb or s1 into combo punish. Most u2 and u3 wakeups are -10 or more when flawless blocked. There are exceptions of course.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Looking for tips after knocking down opponent and they are right next to you. Seems like he is slower at close range than most. What do you guys use? :)
After a B4 which leaves you really close. If you read there gonna wakeup just neutral jump 4 and whiff punish its gonna cover all there options if your in the corner.

After I finish a combo and end in Annihilation or scum grab, I usually just run in meaty F3 the first few times, then after the 3rd knockdown I micro dash and stop to bait a wake up and then punish with Shoulder Charge and full combo. Shao Kahn can blow up any wakeup I hope this helps

Ya the F3 combo seems really strong here, need to practice neutral jump attack people use it on me and get me with it all the time. Im finding backing up and a B3 catches them off guard pretty well. All his strings that start with a high attack are useless here but i guess that goes for all of the roster.

Thanks for the input guys ive been maining Shao on ranked for over a week i think hes my guy. Just trying to improve

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Ya the F3 combo seems really strong here, need to practice neutral jump attack people use it on me and get me with it all the time. Im finding backing up and a B3 catches them off guard pretty well. All his strings that start with a high attack are useless here but i guess that goes for all of the roster.

Thanks for the input guys ive been maining Shao on ranked for over a week i think hes my guy. Just trying to improve
This is my favorite wakeup punish: