What's new

Question - Johnny Cage What do YOU think Cage will get in the next patch update?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Sadly he'll probably lose some plus frames but I'm fine with that if s1 can still jail off most things and maybe connect on crouch blocking females? That's a pipe dream tho lol
Biggest thing I'm worried about is f3, I know that's what they're after.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Reason in NRS terms, lol. Not mine. Johnny is extremely good though, he's one of my mains, I just don't like to see people downplay their character. Johnny is most definitely not mid tier.
Can you tell me why he is top tier in your opinion?I just don't see it happening

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Sadly he'll probably lose some plus frames but I'm fine with that if s1 can still jail off most things and maybe connect on crouch blocking females? That's a pipe dream tho lol
Biggest thing I'm worried about is f3, I know that's what they're after.
Yeah i think his cancels are gonna get HUGE nerfs even though they don't need any IMO and poor f3 is going to be nerfed into oblivion

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
lol me too

not because i care, but because i dont want all of you Cages to invade SD and reduce my chance of props
Haha. I use all three variations, but my main will always be Fisticuffs no matter how shitty nrs wants him to be :/

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hitbox quirks are up to a designer's discretion so I cannot give you a hard and fast rule on what should or shouldn't happen when it comes to things like stance or gender specific combos. I am just saying that high attacks hitting a crouch blocking opponent is not a rule and never has been.
It is poor design then, and a patch could do something about that.
Small characters have a ton of advantages that they don't need; they almost never whiff and at the same time duck under a ton of moves without any reason...

On top of that, Cage still has some dumb whiff issues that no designer ever wanted I think. Did you know that the second hit of 11 whiffs 100% of the time against a duck blocking Tremor? He can armor inside 114 and 113. It is just stupid
Even 12 whiffs if Cage is not at 0 distance

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
I hope that fisticuffs gets something played since day one, all my friends were wtf he is too powerfull in the beginning explained how to counter and after that they didnt complain anymore.

Then we had the patch and it became a joke too everyone..

Learned SD and A-list took a few months too run cancel frame perfect and now people are asking for nerfs what he doesnt need, johnny is good how he is now maybe a better anti air and some fixes are needed in SD like the 113 rising shadow

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I hope that fisticuffs gets something played since day one, all my friends were wtf he is too powerfull in the beginning explained how to counter and after that they didnt complain anymore.

Then we had the patch and it became a joke too everyone..

Learned SD and A-list took a few months too run cancel frame perfect and now people are asking for nerfs what he doesnt need, johnny is good how he is now maybe a better anti air and some fixes are needed in SD like the 113 rising shadow
Exactly, I agree. People just had no time to get used to the Fisticuffs matchup, they nerfed him the easy&fast way, destroying the variation...let's see if the patch brings something new for him, but I doubt it :/

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Make fisticuffs always do double chip and the regular fist bump does like 250% chip and ex fist bump can be used to extend and hit confirm combos like unbreakable ex aura. Fix SDs whiffing issues and don't touch a-list.

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
Nothing. A list is already top five in this game. If anything I think they will take away his ability to whiff cancel his F3
I don't believe A-List is top 5. I've been playing Johnny on the side for a while now, and Johnny can be easily shut down against a lot of things. Characters with great pressure or a good poke/backdash can easily shut down anything that Johnny can muster up in his run cancels. While he does have a jailing string in F3 RC, all of his pressure can be fuzzy guarded. Not top 5 at all.

Characters with great pressure or a good poke/backdash can easily shut down anything that Johnny can muster up in his run cancels.
This is in the top 5 worst posts of 2015.
You need to up your execution bc if u block a f3 your jailed until he is out of stamina. And he can finish with a +4-6 ex fireball. If he staggers, throws, hits u with a d4 stamina is reset. He has top 5 zoning and counter zoning. He is just a slightly worse lui kang who is also top 5

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
You need to up your execution bc if u block a f3 your jailed until he is out of stamina. And he can finish with a +4-6 ex fireball. If he staggers, throws, hits u with a d4 stamina is reset. He has top 5 zoning and counter zoning. He is just a slightly worse lui kang who is also top 5
All your posts are usually something stupid. Wasn't surprised by this one.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Are we still talking about A-list? D4 does not reset stamina. If that was the case, people would keep SKRC from a d4 just to get the lamest plus frames ever. He does not have top 5 zoning/counter zoning. Here's a few characters who does it better:

-HQT Predator - pew pew pew pew pew
-Kitana (Mournful is really solid)
-Erron Black (Gunslinger is sick, but the regular sand grenades trade extremely well)
-Pumped Up Jax - my new side character. Ground Pound on knockdowns, ground pound from air.
-Kano (most notably Cybernetic) - Knife toss is dope, wins against careless zoning, trades really well, can be really good at keeping people from jumping (if b1 isn't enough)
-Quan Chi - What's there to say? The guy can change the pace of his zoning just for that extra unpredictable cheese
-Liu Kang (Low fireballs can low profile the forceballs given proper spacing. IAFB is an option as well)
-Jacqui (Full Auto for days) - She can armor break gap closing armor moves if done right
-Shinnok also has a good kit in this department, hellsparks and his regular projectile are all solid and grant Shinnok a lot of advantage on hit)
-Ferra/Torr - Ferra destroys projectiles, it's dope. The access to OH/Low mixups from fullscreen that also knocks the opponent down is not weak zoning either. Also, the godlike NJP is a really helpful tool to prevent people from jumping.

Some will not agree on all of the ones listed - but that's my impression from events and personal experience with the characters. Even if some of these characters can be brushed aside - Johnny is NOT top 5 in the zoning department. Forceballs are decent projectiles, much better than they were in MK9.