What's new

What Do You Think About Biohazard Dropping Kano?

What do you think?

• A job's a job, mate.

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • Don't be such a sook.

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'll post the matches if you haven't seen them yet.

@ 25:50 Biohazard (Kano) VS Tekken Mater (Erron Black), and then he plays Jade/Jax for the rest on loser's side.

His tweet:

He talks about Kano being risky, and he is, but if you play him patiently I think the risk is worth the damage. He struggles a lot up close, we know this, his buttons are bad and like come on, can the man get a mid already? But I think with persistence anyone can make a character work. It's probably a whole lot different in a tourney where everyone is using top tier characters cause they wanna win, but at the same time we've seen our very own Circus crush Jacqui and Scorpion with Kano.

It's rough losing, and sometimes it makes you lose faith in yourself or your character, but I feel like it's in these moments that we should even go harder at it with them and train even more. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that's a balance patch. I know it probably won't come before EVO, and it's the biggest FGC tournament and he wants to win it, I get that. I just hope he would stick with him and try to make it work. Even if we think a balance patch is coming soon, NRS may take their time with this one.

Anyways, what do you all think about this?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
he is a high level competitor, and must have lab Kano to the hell in training mode, to get conclusion that Kano, at least, in this moment, is not viable option to get TOP 8 in every single major tourney .... :(

same what HoneyBee did with D'vorah, admiting she is not viable to compete against the big dogs ....

maybe the near future patch will resolve all this , who knows ? :D

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Smart idea. No one wanna see that character on stream with all the pissing and the eating of raw meat and talking about takkas (whatever the fuck that means) :p

I was gonna vote in the poll but idk what either of those means in relation to the question! lmao

In all seriousness tho, I don't think the character is bad, but when you have characters like Sonya, Geras, Jacqui, Cassie, Scorpion out there doing stuff way better (and easier) than Kano, I can see the want to switch characters ESPECIALLY if you're someone who is competing regularly at tournaments. I wish him luck.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
he is a high level competitor, and must have lab Kano to the hell in training mode, to get conclusion that Kano, at least, in this moment, is not viable option to get TOP 8 in every single major tourney .... :(

same what HoneyBee did with D'vorah, admiting she is not viable to compete against the big dogs ....

maybe the near future patch will resolve all this , who knows ? :D
I agree as well, I understand pros enter these to win and to get the money, it's their bread and butter. Maybe I would think differently if I was in their shoes, and I understand feeling discouraged, but sometimes it's more about the other players than the character too. Tekken Master is a beast, but top tiers like Erron do need toning down a bit. You mix an amazing player with the best character in the game and you get an explosive cocktail for sure. Even then, Bio was really close to taking some of the matches tho.

I'm just hopeful about the patch. I am putting more time in Kano these days because he's really fun to play and I'm sure they'll make him more viable in a balance patch, whenever that comes.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think the risk-vs-reward argument falls a bit flat when you realize other characters with better tools and more damage can also play risky, but reap better rewards. EB has mixups on mixups if he's willing to risk getting his slide blocked. Lao has tons of "fake" pressure he can apply that will result in crazy damage if the opponent doesn't react correctly. The difference is that Kano has to play risky to match these characters, while they are free to stay safe or go yolo as they please.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Smart idea. No one wanna see that character on stream with all the pissing and the eating of raw meat and talking about takkas (whatever the fuck that means) :p

I was gonna vote in the poll but idk what either of those means in relation to the question! lmao

In all seriousness tho, I don't think the character is bad, but when you have characters like Sonya, Geras, Jacqui, Cassie, Scorpion out there doing stuff way better (and easier) than Kano, I can see the want to switch characters ESPECIALLY if you're someone who is competing regularly at tournaments. I wish him luck.
A job's a job, meaning you agree. Don't be such a sook (coward), meaning you don't agree :p No disrespect to Bio, I just wanted to use Kano's taunts cause his Australian slang is awesome lmao.

Yeah, it's rough out there when everyone wants the cash and the fancy trophy, they'll play the top tier characters to get the shiny stuff and the clout. I've been playing Cass in KL because I feel most comfy with her, but I'm going to only play Kano this week and see how it goes. I'm sure it'll be harder, but I don't want Cassie to become my crutch.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I agree as well, I understand pros enter these to win and to get the money, it's their bread and butter. Maybe I would think differently if I was in their shoes, and I understand feeling discouraged, but sometimes it's more about the other players than the character too. Tekken Master is a beast, but top tiers like Erron do need toning down a bit. You mix an amazing player with the best character in the game and you get an explosive cocktail for sure. Even then, Bio was really close to taking some of the matches tho.

I'm just hopeful about the patch. I am putting more time in Kano these days because he's really fun to play and I'm sure they'll make him more viable in a balance patch, whenever that comes.
yep, he is a cheap bastard with a couple of dirty filthy tricks, hehe .... anyway, the lack of considerable representative players picking him and play with him at the highest level on major tourneys, this make Kano being relegated on second plane on MK11 roster .....

in fact, even in the previous games (MK9 and MKX), Kanos was never a super used character by pro players, so, seems personal, I dunno .... people don't like to play Kano or are lazy to explore well the character, and so, he ending falling into ostracism in every new MK game, lol ! :p

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
yep, he is a cheap bastard with a couple of dirty filthy tricks, hehe .... anyway, the lack of considerable representative players picking him and play with him at the highest level on major tourneys, this make Kano being relegated on second plane on MK11 roster .....

in fact, even in the previous games (MK9 and MKX), Kanos was never a super used character by pro players, so, seems personal, I dunno .... people don't like to play Kano or are lazy to explore well the character, and so, he ending falling into ostracism in every new MK game, lol ! :p
People like playing the good guys, usually. They feel dirty if they play bad guys, but some people don't mind the dirt (this girl right here) :p

Kano was pretty great in MKX, I always got destroyed by them online. Bio played cybernetic if I remember correctly?

The heart don't feed the kids :DOGE
I mean, chicken hearts are kind of a farmer's delicacy XD

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
People like playing the good guys, usually. They feel dirty if they play bad guys, but some people don't mind the dirt (this girl right here) :p

Kano was pretty great in MKX, I always got destroyed by them online. Bio played cybernetic if I remember correctly?

I mean, chicken hearts are kind of a farmer's delicacy XD
Bio played all of the variations at different points, but I think Commando and Cybernetic were the favored ones. He also smashed with Cutthroat towards the end. I totally get why he feels this way about this version of Kano though

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i watch his games and i think to myself with his skills in certain match ups he really should be using the dirt bag variation. its not all about combos.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
i watch his games and i think to myself with his skills in certain match ups he really should be using the dirt bag variation. its not all about combos.
Yeah, he could zone people out for sure and get that juicy fire damage. How are you liking this using that variation against other players?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
No shit he did.
I hate how Kano is designed this time, he doesn't click for me as someone who mained MKX Kano AND Bane from Inj. I mean you can see the similarities to Bane but eh..

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Yeah, he could zone people out for sure and get that juicy fire damage. How are you liking this using that variation against other players?
well its the only variation i use :p so i do love it. i dont use the fire much, if it ever comes out its because i tried a f+4 O_O i get blown up hard when i make that mistake. it takes too fucking long to come out O_O i pray to god they make that Spit a mid, its a high, does zero damage, acts like a projectile and massive damage scaling if it hits in a combo.

side note, i probably should take my own advice and use the ripper variation vs certain characters like The kollector.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
well its the only variation i use :p so i do love it. i dont use the fire much, if it ever comes out its because i tried a f+4 O_O i get blown up hard when i make that mistake. it takes too fucking long to come out O_O i pray to god they make that Spit a mid, its a high, does zero damage, acts like a projectile and massive damage scaling if it hits in a combo.

side note, i probably should take my own advice and use the ripper variation vs certain characters like The kollector.
Yeah, that spit should definitely travel down to a mid :p I just can't trade lumbar check for slow moves. What else do you get in Dirt Bag? The Molotov toss and the acid thing?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Sorry for the long post guys

Kano feels so weird in this game. I mean on paper he got his traditional things. I was really hype for his retun, I played the shit out of Cybernetic in X, but I don't know. It's like they gave him a bit of everything from X but it doesn't really compliment that much. His projectile is okay, he has a few okay buttons in b3, sweep, decent pokes, b2. But lacks the hitconfirmable mid everyone else has. Not saying he NEEDS this but I'm just pointing it out.

Then I was like "oh he has a cmd grab again" but it hits high. Then I was like "Okay surely he'll have a lot of tricky tick throw setups due to that fact" but that isnt the case either. He has a nice projectile krushing f3 roll, but that shit's unsafe as hell but it's a decent option even though it's a single hit into knockdown. And he has mixups that are very low reward in nature but nevertheless okay conditioning tools.

He has good Krushing Blows and a strong throw game, and the cmd grab does help against people who has no trouble block-teching throws, but it's still annoying against neutral ducking. CMD grab does have good recovery though and we should not forget that.

Has airmobility and trickery like he always had and that's really nice yet somewhat gimmicky.

All in all, it's like Kano's tools counterplay each other. The good neutral buttons he has increases the spacing - but we don't necessarily want that as our main offense tools require us to be in their face. We can't combo off the good footsie tools like f3, b2 can work in an antiair situation (it's akin to Sub's). So we have to work our way in with somewhat risky tools and the payoff is just rather meh, especially since 241+3 cmd tick is OS'able (Bio said this in a video). I think what Bio experiences is people now being familiar with Kano, and it exposes how limited he can be. You see Bio committing to d1 into Kano Ball, and honestly that's what he can do against trigger happy opponents. Johnny can do d1 into NP, Liu can Parry into a launch, Geras can d4 into potential KB - you guys get it.

He has conditioning tools, but I think a character like Kano not having combostarting hitconfirmable mids should at least have decent staggers and a few more tick throw setups to keep opponents on the fence. I like the idea of someone breaking you down in chunks, but right now it's' just hard to enforce that gameplan.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Sorry for the long post guys

Kano feels so weird in this game. I mean on paper he got his traditional things. I was really hype for his retun, I played the shit out of Cybernetic in X, but I don't know. It's like they gave him a bit of everything from X but it doesn't really compliment that much. His projectile is okay, he has a few okay buttons in b3, sweep, decent pokes, b2. But lacks the hitconfirmable mid everyone else has. Not saying he NEEDS this but I'm just pointing it out.

Then I was like "oh he has a cmd grab again" but it hits high. Then I was like "Okay surely he'll have a lot of tricky tick throw setups due to that fact" but that isnt the case either. He has a nice projectile krushing f3 roll, but that shit's unsafe as hell but it's a decent option even though it's a single hit into knockdown. And he has mixups that are very low reward in nature but nevertheless okay conditioning tools.

He has good Krushing Blows and a strong throw game, and the cmd grab does help against people who has no trouble block-teching throws, but it's still annoying against neutral ducking. CMD grab does have good recovery though and we should not forget that.

Has airmobility and trickery like he always had and that's really nice yet somewhat gimmicky.

All in all, it's like Kano's tools counterplay each other. The good neutral buttons he has increases the spacing - but we don't necessarily want that as our main offense tools require us to be in their face. We can't combo off the good footsie tools like f3, b2 can work in an antiair situation (it's akin to Sub's). So we have to work our way in with somewhat risky tools and the payoff is just rather meh, especially since 241+3 cmd tick is OS'able (Bio said this in a video). I think what Bio experiences is people now being familiar with Kano, and it exposes how limited he can be. You see Bio committing to d1 into Kano Ball, and honestly that's what he can do against trigger happy opponents. Johnny can do d1 into NP, Liu can Parry into a launch, Geras can d4 into potential KB - you guys get it.

He has conditioning tools, but I think a character like Kano not having combostarting hitconfirmable mids should at least have decent staggers and a few more tick throw setups to keep opponents on the fence. I like the idea of someone breaking you down in chunks, but right now it's' just hard to enforce that gameplan.
Really there's an OS for 241+3? Damn. Can you link the video?

I mean you can go for the cmd grab on block off of most of his strings but as you said if they stop blocking then it whiffs. It being a high makes sense, but he really needs some mids to compensate cause the number of times I get D2'ed off of just trying to go for a block string is kind of incredible. He's got a strong jaw, but DAMN.

B1 I feel is a bit underused if you want the opponent off of you, but just like most of his moves it's slow. He needs some help for sure, I just think that a lot can be done with him still. Maybe not enough to make top 8 consistently, but I just find it demoralizing when pros drop characters cause they aren't viable. It sucks having to play top tiers and not the character you really want to play, I would be depressed AF.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
its all about the vege Might buff

kano ball comes out one frame faster (except instant air ball is 4 frames in both), has armor, travels full screen, Damage boost. oh and up ball.
Now I really wish customs were tourney legal.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Aside from viability, I can't believe how much Kano dropped from MKX to MK11 fun factor-wise. All 3 of his variations were so fun in MKX. Those Cybernetic corner combos were about as good as it gets. I really, really enjoyed playing him.

He's not fun to me whatsoever in MK11 (to be fair, that can be said about nearly the entire cast). Obviously, pro players aren't as concerned about how fun a character is. I doubt anyone truly enjoys doing F212 endlessly with Geras.

Biohazard is a great player and I hope he can find a character that clicks.

#giveshaokahnacommandgrab