What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu What do *YOU* (specifically) do when your opponent tries to "cross up" jump in punch repeatedly?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Hey guys,

Wanted to know what options each of you (Shirai Ryu) Takedas specifically use when your stuck in the "cross up" jump in punch scenario repeatedly.

(This is when you fall and the opponent tries to jump over you with JIP over and over until you stop blocking / get hit)

I know just blocking and hoping you catch their string is ultimately what we "have" to do, but wanted to know if there was anything else specifically that you guys have had success with..

Current Options:

EX Teleport
D2 (when they are right above you. If you wait till they are behind you, you will get punished)

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It is totally possible to use an uppercut while waking up depending on the character and the height of the jump in. Delayed wake up is useful as well, if you can time a trip guard it's even better.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
As takeda and quite a few other characters d4 will low profile under jump ins.

As takeda njp is a decent anti air at times.

Usually D4, (Scorpion's is very low) somehow my muscle memory has learned to D1 them either the moment they land or in the air.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I have started to D3 a lot more. when i heard about the patch . i thought d1 would be better in this scenario but
it seems to always get me hit. d3 seems the best choice for me personally right now.

also after d3 i have started to sneak in some d4s to gain a bit more spacing. seems to be helping a bit more also .

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I have started to D3 a lot more. when i heard about the patch . i thought d1 would be better in this scenario but
it seems to always get me hit. d3 seems the best choice for me personally right now.

also after d3 i have started to sneak in some d4s to gain a bit more spacing. seems to be helping a bit more also .
So d3s will hit them before they hit you? Is there a specific timing?